Jfoster99

2A activity for Trumps first 90 days in office

Interesting article on what Trump could reasonable accomplish within his first 90 days in office to help improve Second Amendment issues within this country.

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/09/five-fast-gun-law-reforms-president-trump-will-make/

The one I am anxious to get accomplished would be National Reciprocity....

That said does anyone think there could any significant impact on getting P2P's processed in a (relatively) timely manner... I could see a surge (and potential shortage) in carry pistol purchases. I know I will need to trade in a few target size units for carry models.

I would wait and see. I truly feel things will happen on a national level. But, Rome wasn't built overnight. Things take time.

We are all very excited looking at this from our paradigm as a NJ resident. A work around perhaps. But work is still work. And work takes time.

Be patient my friend .

I would wait and see. I truly feel things will happen on a national level. But, Rome wasn't built overnight. Things take time.

We are all very excited looking at this from our paradigm as a NJ resident. A work around perhaps. But work is still work. And work takes time.

Be patient my friend .

And, even if National Reciprocity were to happen, do you think that would stop the Sweeneys and Weinbergs of the PRNJ? They would find legal loopholes and execute them, in the name of States Rights, etc... 

And, even if National Reciprocity were to happen, do you think that would stop the Sweeneys and Weinbergs of the PRNJ? They would find legal loopholes and execute them, in the name of States Rights, etc...

Then our groups sue.

It's how this game is played

It wouldn't but once he cleans up the SCOTUS they can force 50 state carry, which is trampling state sovereignty, using the precedent of 50 state gay marriage-which already trampled state sovereignty. The big difference is guns are protected under the constitution and marriage doesn't appear anywhere.

Write your representatives that national carry should prevail. If it happens I'd love to see all those links in CA and NY actually turn blue.

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder though how much of a training and licensing burden NJ could impose. As it is it's pretty severe even for license holders. For example in this state you actually have to register the gun you carry. Can you register more than one, like...eleven?

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder though how much of a training and licensing burden NJ could impose. As it is it's pretty severe even for license holders. For example in this state you actually have to register the gun you carry. Can you register more than one, like...eleven?

Newt-

That is what they have to do in Upstate NY. Every gun you own has to be listed on your CCW for you to be able to carry it. Every new gun you purchase, in order to carry it, needs to be updated with the police. From what I understand some counties are great at updating; others not so much. 

S. 

It wouldn't but once he cleans up the SCOTUS they can force 50 state carry, which is trampling state sovereignty, using the precedent of 50 state gay marriage-which already trampled state sovereignty. The big difference is guns are protected under the constitution and marriage doesn't appear anywhere.

Write your representatives that national carry should prevail. If it happens I'd love to see all those links in CA and NY actually turn blue.

State sovereignty does not apply to civil rights issues, which is why we had a civil war at some point, just to work that out. Seeing how 2A is in the bill of rights, the logical approach is to consider it a civil right and resolve the carry issue at the supreme court which already incorporated 2A against the states, just like they treated gay marriage. However, until the carry issue is resolved at the federal level, and the courts work it out, it can't really happen. 

State sovereignty does not apply to civil rights issues, which is why we had a civil war at some point, just to work that out. Seeing how 2A is in the bill of rights, the logical approach is to consider it a civil right and resolve the carry issue at the supreme court which already incorporated 2A against the states, just like they treated gay marriage. However, until the carry issue is resolved at the federal level, and the courts work it out, it can't really happen. 

IANAL (I anal) but a reasonable path seems to be that reciprocity becomes law. Residents holding an out of state license must then fulfill their resident state's unique requirements for carry and out of state residents abide by the laws of whatever state they're in. I'm assuming of course that nonresident licenses will be part of this, but would not be surprised if Booker and Menendez don't kick and scream and threaten not to vote for any and all legislation from now to kingdom come if that is so. So ironically, and once again, what might benefit my daughter in PA will have no positive benefit for me.

The second stage is whatever legal manoevering occurred to require Illinois to go from categorical denial to shall-issue. Even then our legislators will do everything they can to prevent it. 

Either way this will not be easy to implement in 8 or 9 states. One part of me cries "federalism" but the other says screw it it's our right.

Newt-

That is what they have to do in Upstate NY. Every gun you own has to be listed on your CCW for you to be able to carry it. Every new gun you purchase, in order to carry it, needs to be updated with the police. From what I understand some counties are great at updating; others not so much. 

S. 

Any handgun you own has to be on your permit. If it's not on the permit you are in violation of the law even if you only keep it in your house.

The county where i reside takes 1 day to add one to your permit. That's pretty good but not the best. Some are much much worse.

You actually get 2 different cards. one is your permit with all your identifying info and the other lists all your handguns. You pay for handgun at your FFL and take the receipt to the sheriff's office and the next day you come back and pick up you new handgun card. Then it's back to the FFL to pick up you handgun. The FFL I've been dealing with works at the sheriff's department so he sends the info over for you to save you a trip. You can also purchase as many handguns as you can afford at one time. No stupid 30 day rule. 

Much more pleasant then NJ.

Maybe he can repeal the NFA especially with to respect suppressor and SBRs.

While that would be fantastic it wouldn't help us out as they're banned in the NJ AWB. I was hoping Ruth would have packed her shit and moved to New Zealand by now, but I think she'll have to recuse herself from any legislation Trump signs after she vocalized her feelings about Trump back in July, and wore her dissent collar on Wednesday with no slated rulings (a sign her mind is feeble or stating her dissent about the election of Trump).

"We will save our Second Amendment, which is under siege."

-Donald Trump

I think he's going to do right by us.

While that would be fantastic it wouldn't help us out as they're banned in the NJ AWB. I was hoping Ruth would have packed her shit and moved to New Zealand by now, but I think she'll have to recuse herself from any legislation Trump signs after she vocalized her feelings about Trump back in July, and wore her dissent collar on Wednesday with no slated rulings (a sign her mind is feeble or stating her dissent about the election of Trump).I think he's going to do right by us.

NFA items are illegal in NJ, if they were no longer covered by NFA why would they be illegal?of course NJ would write their own law banning all of the items formerly prohibited. However, selfishly, as a mukti0stste resident I'm tired of paying th tax and waiting 6-9 months.