Mrs. Peel

A Big THANKS to Griz and High Exposure!

OMG! What a perfect day/evening I had. I really must send a very big THANK YOU to Griz and High Exposure. :lol:

Let me explain... first, Griz was kind and generous enough to invite me to join him at his range in Jackson to try a whole slew of different firearms... to start narrowing down my choices for Permit #2. Wow, I was like a kid in a candy store.... and I learned sooo much!  The only bad part is, LOL, I'm more confused than ever about what I want to buy. I can see this is all a matter of trade-offs. Like the Glock was nice and light, which was a pleasure... but on the other hand, I felt like it was beating up my hand more than some of the heavier steel guns. I can see this is all a matter of personal preference and figuring out the trade-offs.

Anyway, as we're chatting away with the people around us, of all the damn FLUKES, we find out we're talking to our very own: High Exposure!... who was there with a couple of buddies. Did you ever have one of those times when totally spontaneous plans just fall into place perfectly? Well, this was one of those times. We figured it was too late to post an announcement, so HE picked up his phone and just starts PMing people for a last minute happy hour. Soon enough, we have a surprisingly large group gathered at a very quaint local watering hold that Griz recommended!

My life has been all about work and eldercare for the last year... so frankly, this was the first really relaxing time I've had in AGES. So, thank you both. What a perfect day! And it was really nice meeting all of the rest of you that were there. I'm only sorry that I had to cut out early so I could check in on my dad. Is the party still going on?
  • Like 2

Thanks for the invite, guys!! I'm sorry I missed this, Mrs. DT had me tied up ( No, nothing like that...lol).

Wish I could have met y'all face to face for a couple of libations. Keep me in mind for the next one!!

Cheers, y'all!

You're very welcome Mrs Peel.  I had a good time and it nice to connect faces with screen names and avatars.  You really did well for being a first time with those guns you fired.

Like I told you next time I'll bring the black powder and 44 magnum.

• Like 1

Griz is a good guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him myself at Remixer's office. Glad to hear you had a good time Mrs. Peel. I am also a member at CJRPC. Mrs. Peel if you ever want to try out firearms made between 1895-1974 I am your guy. I don't buy much of that new fangled stuff. You just need to promise no more crazy Zeke for Mod support.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

range14 is also jackson, but yea i was at CJ with a buddy from around 9am-2pm today was perfect day for shooting

No it isn't. It is in Brown's Mills

• Like 2

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Griz is a good guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him myself at Remixer's office. Glad to hear you had a good time Mrs. Peel. I am also a member at CJRPC. If you ever want to try out firearms made between 1895-1974 I am your guy. I don't buy much of that new fangled stuff.

yea met griz same time great guy wealth of information, also finally got to shoot that socom 16 you sold me cap.  great gun now if i can find a wood stock it will be perfect

yea met griz same time great guy wealth of information, also finally got to shoot that socom 16 you sold me cap.  great gun now if i can find a wood stock it will be perfect

If I was able to find a wood stock I would probably still own it. Glad you are happy with it.

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Griz is a good guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him myself at Remixer's office. Glad to hear you had a good time Mrs. Peel. I am also a member at CJRPC. Mrs. Peel if you ever want to try out firearms made between 1895-1974 I am your guy. I don't buy much of that new fangled stuff. You just need to promise no more crazy Zeke for Mod support.

I might have been hittin' the sauce or something when I vowed that support... LOL. And thanks for the offer! I'm a huge collector of turn of the century stuff (Victorian, etc.)... Girlie stuff - like jewelry, silverware, etc. But I've often admired antique guns! I may take you up on that, thank you!

• Like 1

capt14k and I both have Webleys.  Unfortunately in 38 not the 32 you're used to carrying Mrs Peel [emoji6]

I have a Savage 1907 in .32 also a H&R Top Break in S&W .32 Short.

I got some .38-200 New production supposedly loaded to the original specs. It's only been 2 months so I figure maybe by Labor Day I will have my permits and can pick mine up and shoot the .38-200.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

I have a Savage 1907 in .32 also a H&R Top Break in S&W .32 Short.

I got some .38-200 New production supposedly loaded to the original specs. It's only been 2 months so I figure maybe by Labor Day I will have my permits and can pick mine up and shoot the .38-200.

I shoot Prvi 38 S&W in mine.  I found using the top edge of the sight (like a buckhorn sight)  it's pretty much on.  I've been thinking of getting some 200 rnl to reload for the Web let and experiment with in 38 spl and 357 mag.

It was great to meet up with everyone. I also spend most of my time taking care of old and young baby's. It was a great time meeting up with everyone. Ia got a bit of rain on the way home.........I should have had the top up in the jeep lol.

It was great to meet up with everyone. I also spend most of my time taking care of old and young baby's. It was a great time meeting up with everyone. Ia got a bit of rain on the way home.........I should have had the top up in the jeep lol.

Thanks for driving man! Me and my wet ass also wish you brought the top! It was nice to see GRIZ and the others from the last meet up and to finally meet HE and Peel.

Man I'm just waking up from this.... what a solid night:drinks:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I shoot Prvi 38 S&W in mine.  I found using the top edge of the sight (like a buckhorn sight)  it's pretty much on.  I've been thinking of getting some 200 rnl to reload for the Web let and experiment with in 38 spl and 357 mag.

I bought the .38-200 ammo from Matt's Bullets. Wasn't exactly cheap but it is supposed to be original spec.

http://mattsbullets.com/ammunition/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

14 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:
OMG! What a perfect day/evening I had. I really must send a very big THANK YOU to Griz and High Exposure. :lol:

Let me explain... first, Griz was kind and generous enough to invite me to join him at his range in Jackson to try a whole slew of different firearms... to start narrowing down my choices for Permit #2. Wow, I was like a kid in a candy store.... and I learned sooo much!  The only bad part is, LOL, I'm more confused than ever about what I want to buy. I can see this is all a matter of trade-offs. Like the Glock was nice and light, which was a pleasure... but on the other hand, I felt like it was beating up my hand more than some of the heavier steel guns. I can see this is all a matter of personal preference and figuring out the trade-offs.

Anyway, as we're chatting away with the people around us, of all the damn FLUKES, we find out we're talking to our very own: High Exposure!... who was there with a couple of buddies. Did you ever have one of those times when totally spontaneous plans just fall into place perfectly? Well, this was one of those times. We figured it was too late to post an announcement, so HE picked up his phone and just starts PMing people for a last minute happy hour. Soon enough, we have a surprisingly large group gathered at a very quaint local watering hold that Griz recommended!

My life has been all about work and eldercare for the last year... so frankly, this was the first really relaxing time I've had in AGES. So, thank you both. What a perfect day! And it was really nice meeting all of the rest of you that were there. I'm only sorry that I had to cut out early so I could check in on my dad. Is the party still going on?

Wow Peel...thanks for invite. I was about 20 min away from there at a winery yesterday. Thought us girls were supposed to stick together. 

Glad you guys had fun. 

Actually now that I'm thinking about it... I think this meetup was "rilly good" because your husband was NOT in attendance! Can you imagine the political grandstanding we would have all been subjected on his perpetual quest for Mod-dom?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oooo... Mrs. Z, I'm soooo sorry!  I would have loved to have met you. Next time... ! (But is there a way you can leave you-know-who at home though?)

You know who wasn't with me. I was with a friend. We easily could have switched from wine to rum. 

Next time....I am pretty sure happy hour with you guys is like Haileys comet once every 75yrs. :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs.Zeke said:

You know who wasn't with me. I was with a friend. We easily could have switched from wine to rum. 

Next time....I am pretty sure happy hour with you guys is like Haileys comet once every 75yrs. :rofl:

Now that you mention it... I believe HE, Griz and I are "off the hook" for ANY kind of event (either planning or attending)... for... OK maybe not 75 years.. but at least for a full year!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Actually now that I'm thinking about it... I think this meetup was "rilly good" because your husband was NOT in attendance! Can you imagine the political grandstanding we would have all been subjected on his perpetual quest for Mod-dom?

You forget I listen to it everyday. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mrs.Zeke said:

You forget I listen to it everyday. 

I CANNOT even imagine... ! Seriously... just think of the stuff he posts on here: I'm handsome... I'm powerful... I should be a mod.

Is he really all of those things? Or would you say he's... overcompensating for something?