High Exposure

LaRue Rifle kit $891

Bhunted - I feel the same way.  Had this in my cart a few times being such a great deal, but passed.  No room in the safe anymore anyways.  More money to go toward pimping out my tavor later on.  I never shoot past 50 yard lol.  How accurate does my rifle need to be at that laughable distance lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Gotcha lol. Made me nervous for a sec that im gettin ahead of myself.

Gotta stretch out my wings sooner or later. Im extremely handy, tbh, but given the extremely small margin of error in a firearm i try not to test my luck. Lucky you with your friggin SBRs. Enjoy the freedom.

*Update for NJ Purchasers*:

Just spoke to LaRue and it is MANDATORY that you purchase the illegal Brake. It's part of the package deal. They basically said to just sell it on eBay and buy a different brake.

Same, jus called today also. Was told should go on at least the end of the week... or longer. 

No pressure!

Big family meeting tonight to discuss this.

23 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Same, jus called today also. Was told should go on at least the end of the week... or longer. 

No pressure!

Big family meeting tonight to discuss this.

Discuss what? Moving to a free state?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 3:47 PM, High Exposure said:

LaRue is having a smoking sale on a rifle kit. It comes with everything you need to build a high quality "Tier 1" rifle except the lower receiver.

http://www.larue.com/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper-kit?mc_cid=b28aced1b2&mc_eid=d86a48472f

Dude! You are evil!

8 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

F*** me i just ordered one. I'm so excited i may have tinkled a bit. Finally gettin that black 14.5" i wanted (uhhh).
Ill have to sell off some extra sights for whatever i can get for em so i don't go bankrupt, though, cause i just bought a VP9 on gunbroker like 3 days ago too... FML... Anyone interested in an ACOG or somethin??:lol:

VP9, two ACOG's, new Upper. I remember what it was like to have disposable income...

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I love Larue products!! You'll be hard pressed to find a more accurate upper!!

I'm far from an accurate shot, still, unfortunately, but at least this way i can't blame the POS Rifle and i KNOW for sure that its me that sucks.....! LOL:lol::lol:
At least i can hit a 10" plate @ 200 yards... 

Nope, actually getting delivered to my house. I got it in UDE, maybe it takes a little longer for the color.

My Mother-In-Law is home at the house all week, she can sign for it.

ETA: Just checked my account at LaRue. No tracking number yet. Now, I need to order a lower.... Decision decisions...

Edited by High Exposure
  • Like 1

I'm still waiting for delivery confirmation as well. I contacted them a while ago and they said "just a few days". Been like 2 weeks since... 
I ordered it in black with FDE poly kit. They said its because so many people ordered it assembled. 
I ordered an Aero lower, in the end. Under 90$ delivered, worst case scenario if i find something i like better itll go into the safe until the next build.

47 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

I'm still waiting for delivery confirmation as well. I contacted them a while ago and they said "just a few days". Been like 2 weeks since... 
I ordered it in black with FDE poly kit. They said its because so many people ordered it assembled. 
I ordered an Aero lower, in the end. Under 90$ delivered, worst case scenario if i find something i like better itll go into the safe until the next build.

Maybe I'm jus special...

On 8/15/2017 at 7:02 PM, Zeke said:

Maybe I'm jus special...

Must be...
It's been 2 weeks since they said it would ship out any day now.. Lol...
Already spent a week looking for, then ordering a Lower, and i've already picked it up along with a handgun that i ordered... Going to hopefully have some time tomorrow to play with it. Got me a VP9, but have to switch out the backstraps and what not to the smaller sizes.

17 hours ago, Lambo2936 said:

Must be...
It's been 2 weeks since they said it would ship out any day now.. Lol...
Already spent a week looking for, then ordering a Lower, and i've already picked it up along with a handgun that i ordered... Going to hopefully have some time tomorrow to play with it. Got me a VP9, but have to switch out the backstraps and what not to the smaller sizes.

Ya, ummmm, prolly gonna burn my permits... this thing was un expected. And MrsZ still needs one. I shop for 2, always!

pitty me:(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT FINALLY SHIPPED! Super excited haha. I got my punch kit and all of my tools and stuff in.
Now i'm just missing the most important part; i have no idea what i'm doing. Yay for google. If anyone is down to swing by on  a weekend or something i'm all for learning. Have a nice setup going on in my garage with a pretty ridiculous supply of various tools (not too much specialty gun stuff, unfortunately, but working on that)..

18 hours ago, fatty said:

damn I wish I had the funds to get this.

Do what i did and go work the corner. Just don't let HE catch ya...

That said, i got a set of blocks to work on the upper and lower using a standard vise, but what sized vise should i look at getting if gunsmithing is its primary purpose? Ill probably mount and dismount it from my bench for when i need it. Came as a set with the universal tool thing, i forget what its called... for the stock and various other funky nuts and such... need to learn some technical terms...