Sign in to follow this  
Downtownv

I just received this and I want to just put it here.

Tying in the first post and the current discussion.  All of it is evidence where we, as gun owners, stand in the eyes of NJ.  Whether it's from those who sit on high throwing us crumbs now and then which we've been trained to accept graciously, or from vultures looking to pick at the carcasses of the oppressed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexTheSane said:

Tying in the first post and the current discussion.  All of it is evidence where we, as gun owners, stand in the eyes of NJ.  Whether it's from those who sit on high throwing us crumbs now and then which we've been trained to accept graciously, or from vultures looking to pick at the carcasses of the oppressed. 

I hate to be a pessimist, but my thoughts are that certain 2A groups don't want to solve the problem. Fundraising is a lot easier when there is a boogeyman. 

• Like 2

My nh ccw did come in after 9 mos. they wont admit it. But it seems they lost my stuff.  All i was gonna do was have nappens office just write a letter to nh.  But yeah hes a celebrity now.  No time for anything unless its news worthy. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

My nh ccw did come in after 9 mos. they wont admit it. But it seems they lost my stuff.  All i was gonna do was have nappens office just write a letter to nh.  But yeah hes a celebrity now.  No time for anything unless its news worthy. 

Taking cases from lowly peons doesn't pay for camo blazers.

• Like 3

On 12/14/2017 at 0:58 PM, AlexTheSane said:

What good has the stun gun decision done us?  We still can't carry them.  There is nothing that opens a door that was previously closed with gun rights.  You can now legally own a stun gun in your home, just like you previously could with a gun.

Wrong! Fail

On 12/14/2017 at 2:04 PM, AlexTheSane said:

Self defense is not a reason to carry a knife, why would it be a reason to carry a taser?

Wrong, fail

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Smokin .50 said:

He got the info from "the Horse's mouth":  Nappen.  Nappen wrote the Book on NJ gun, knife & weapons law and was seen backing-up Schmutter on several Facebook Gun Group pages.  

Your wrong, nappen is wrong, Schmutter is wrong 

hard fail for promoting anything other than a bbq.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Your wrong, nappen is wrong, Schmutter is wrong 

hard fail for promoting anything other than a bbq.

So go ahead and prove they're wrong:  Buy one & wear it in PUBLIC, lol!  I'll REPORT on it either way.  For the record, I'd like to be proven wrong (as I've mentioned in other posts throughout social media) so I can convince my wife to carry the flashlight model of stun gun.

You quoted Alex the Sane twice and wrote "Wrong!  Fail".  Can you give your interpretation of the net-net of the change in the illegality of tasers & stun guns?  Self defense laws in NJ don't allow CARRY of anything classified solely as a weapon.  So Alex is correct.  

Don't let what your mind wants to see in print affect what's actually there, IN PRINT.  I thought the lawsuit win was the greatest thing since sliced bread UNTIL I read several independent interpretations by learned individuals.  Since you're so "anti-Facebook", you probably lack the knowledge that the very attorney that fought the suit & won never challenged these interpretations.  In fact, he tucked his tail between his legs & wouldn't answer friend's tags!  THAT in & of itself is quite telling.  Most folks on this forum take a conservative view about NJ gun law & are usually quoted as "I'm playing it safe".  For instance, following FOPA transport rules for INTRASTATE transport & possession of guns & ammo when they clearly don't have to.  

Lastly, what exactly is a "hard fail" and why are you bringing-up the promotion of a BBQ in a thread such as this one?

Nappen is wrong because SCOTUS and Federal District judge said so. NJ decided not to appeal the case. Thus stun guns are allowed to be carried in NJ. This is probably the only time anyone will read this, but I agree with Zeke on this one.

Anyone who wastes money listening to the great Nappen speak ask him what happened to the Pantano Case from Manalapan. Big mouth told all the papers he was appealing all to the Supreme Court of the United States once NJ Supreme Court changed their minds. In reality Nappen wanted six figures up front. If he was such a great hero of NJ firearms rights why not work pro bono. It would have been huge for his reputation to win. Actually has he ever won a case? I've read about a lot of deals cut but not too many wins.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, capt14k said:

Nappen is wrong because SCOTUS and Federal District judge said so. NJ decided not to appeal the case. Thus stun guns are allowed to be carried in NJ. This is probably the only time anyone will read this, but I agree with Zeke on this one.

Anyone who wastes money listening to the great Nappen speak ask him what happened to the Pantano Case from Manalapan. Big mouth told all the papers he was appealing all to the Supreme Court of the United States once NJ Supreme Court changed their minds. In reality Nappen wanted six figures up front. If he was such a great hero of NJ firearms rights why not work pro bono. It would have been huge for his reputation to win. Actually has he ever won a case? I've read about a lot of deals cut but not too many wins.

Because this is the real world, and why no one in their right mind wants to be a "test case".  Chasing justice thru the state and federal judicial systems is slow, expensive, and best avoided.  Going to court - any court - is a hugely expensive and risky undertaking, as no one can guarantee the outcome.  "Cutting a deal" is almost always preferable than the crap shoot of a judge and jury.

And as for Nappen - he has successfully made a name for himself in the arena of NJ firearms law; he has made it his business, his livelihood, and his bread and butter.  You don't work for free.........why should he? 

Because this is the real world, and why no one in their right mind wants to be a "test case".  Chasing justice thru the state and federal judicial systems is slow, expensive, and best avoided.  Going to court - any court - is a hugely expensive and risky undertaking, as no one can guarantee the outcome.  "Cutting a deal" is almost always preferable than the crap shoot of a judge and jury. And as for Nappen - he has successfully made a name for himself in the arena of NJ firearms law; he has made it his business, his livelihood, and his bread and butter.  You don't work for free.........why should he?     

Because lawyers are required to do a certain amount of Pro Bono work. Most do so with the public defender's office. Why not do his with what he claims to be a champion fight; 2A Rights? He should have continued going forward with the case, because of his big talk in the papers that he was going to. Yes sometimes you take the deal, but if you have a good case you put in the work and go for the win. He doesn't exactly look like the type of guy that likes to work hard.  For the record too many defense attorneys take the easy way out these days. No chance I would ever hire an attorney for municipal court. The last time I was in court I watched too many get screwed by the lazy half wit they hired.  

One sounded like a home run win. Guy was pulled over. Police asked to search. Driver declined. They didn't have probable cause. Police called for dog. When dog got there 2 hours later guy informed them of his prescription pain medicine. It was in a proper prescription bottle with his name on it. Police made him leave his pain medicine in the car. Dog of course hit on car. Police found two Xanax and an adderall under the passenger seat. They were his girlfriend's and she had a prescription for both. However she wasn't in the car with him at the time. She was there at court to testify they were hers and they must have fallen out of her purse. Seemed to me to be a homerun dismissal. Instead lawyer talked the guy into taking drug court deal.

Again....welcome to the real world.  You just proved the point "you get what you pay for". And when did you last volunteer to do 6-digits worth of work for free?

It wasn't a public defender it was a lawyer the guy paid $1500 to.

Nappen then should have told the press if my client wants to pay me to continue the case we will take it to SCOTUS. Not we are taking this all the way to SCOTUS.

As far as I am concerned Nappen is an author and the equivalent of a carnival barker. His office certainly doesn't return calls and he doesn't return emails to take on cases without publicity.

• Like 1

....always wondered about his motives...if NJ gun laws were to change, he'd have no business...OMO.
Unfortunately many non profits motives are the same. They want just enough fix to keep the donors happy but not a cure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Unfortunately many non profits motives are the same. They want just enough fix to keep the donors happy but not a cure.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have no idea where this pervasive "opinion" comes from!  It's a sign of being "passionately UNINFORMED"!  CNJFO has more than a single mission in its' Mission Statement!  We teach firearms safety & safe gun handling, educate both the public and gun owners about the gun laws, teach women & kids to shoot, run social shoots as fundraisers (Clays Tournament on December 2nd & our winter Hog Hunt on Sunday January 28th), promote unity, maintain a blog on social media, and oh yeah, we fight for your (and OUR) gun rights!  If tomorrow all 2A rights were restored, those entities that don't do what we do would be in serious trouble :)   So take a look around & see who's around that DOESN'T do what we do.

It's easy to type stuff.  The real work starts when you do MORE than type.............. 

I have no idea where this pervasive "opinion" comes from!  It's a sign of being "passionately UNINFORMED"!  CNJFO has more than a single mission in its' Mission Statement!  We teach firearms safety & safe gun handling, educate both the public and gun owners about the gun laws, teach women & kids to shoot, run social shoots as fundraisers (Clays Tournament on December 2nd & our winter Hog Hunt on Sunday January 28th), promote unity, maintain a blog on social media, and oh yeah, we fight for your (and OUR) gun rights!  If tomorrow all 2A rights were restored, those entities that don't do what we do would be in serious trouble [emoji4]   So take a look around & see who's around that DOESN'T do what we do. It's easy to type stuff.  The real work starts when you do MORE than type.............. 

Well that wasn't directed towards you or your organization. The thought of your organization wasn't even in my head. I highly doubt anyone in your organization is making a 7 figure salary if there are any salaries at all. I was thinking more along the lines of the NRA and American Cancer Society. 

Also the topic had switched towards Evan Nappen so what would even make you think it had anything to do with you?

39 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Well that wasn't directed towards you or your organization. The thought of your organization wasn't even in my head. I highly doubt anyone in your organization is making a 7 figure salary if there are any salaries at all. I was thinking more along the lines of the NRA and American Cancer Society. 

Also the topic had switched towards Evan Nappen so what would even make you think it had anything to do with you?

No offense but you typed "Non-Profits", and we're all certain Nappen's law firm doesn't fall into THAT category, lol!  Besides, a LOT of grumpy forum members have been attempting to chew on my ass of late, so my antenna were already UP!  But whatever...

You're right in the fact that no one draws any sort of salary at CNJFO.  In fact it's in our Bylaws (which you're more than welcome to view as a member).  As to the NRA & Wayne's salary, well, if you received DEATH THREATS against you & your family, you might want to be compensated for it too?  As to what the American Cancer Society does with its' monies, I can't speak to.  If big pharma ever comes up with a pill to prevent cancer, ACS is in a world of SH!T....

• Like 1

On 12/13/2017 at 10:31 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Very shortsighted, incorrect, juvenile, insulting & foolish.  A classic example example of "the passionately uninformed".  You & those who "liked" this post have no concept of what has been accomplished with three years of hard work.  I'm much too tired tonight to go further.  I've been on the computer all day trying to fool people.......

What is this? In the spirit of “ working together “?

I did say many not all. From what I read I actually like what it sounds like you guys are doing.

I mentioned Nappen because he was the prior topic not yourself. That's why I was surprised you thought it was directed towards you.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What is this? In the spirit of “ working together “?

It's an 8 day old post from a guy (the ONLY 2A guy stupid enough to be here every day) who's tired of being dragged thru the mud by passionate, well-meaning, 2A lovin' people w/o all of the facts.  Yes, it's "working together".  

Let's meet for a beer so ya can tase me & get it over with, lol :) .  There's stuff I can't post on a public forum that you'd might enjoy.  Other SH!T may make you upset.  Stuff that I've had NUTHIN' to do with.  Your outlook regarding me would probably change significantly.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!  Let's plan a meeting where I can answer a bunch of questions for you & ALL at a place other than a LOUD sports bar.

Why are so many people busting Smokin .50 chops. Seems to me he is the only one who comes on the forum from any 2A group. Is the only group talking about lawsuits that aren't crazy. Hosts shooting and teaching events. Hasn't pissed off all the other 2A groups. Isn't against us having CCW and other 2A rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 12/19/2017 at 11:59 PM, AlexTheSane said:

It seems like the implication is that the only successful thing CNJFO has done is throw a BBQ.

Ouch!

Was the food good?

On 12/19/2017 at 9:45 PM, capt14k said:

Hero to the Stupid.

He Seems more like  Kim Kardashian, Famous for being famous.

No each Shattering victories.  

At Least Kim had a record amount of total inches in that pipe.

I certainly have  No Problem with Smoking .50 and would have a beer with him anytime. I can always learn something from  him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, capt14k said:

Why are so many people busting Smokin .50 chops. Seems to me he is the only one who comes on the forum from any 2A group. Is the only group talking about lawsuits that aren't crazy. Hosts shooting and teaching events. Hasn't pissed off all the other 2A groups. Isn't against us having CCW and other 2A rights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No body likes a know it all......haven't you heard that.