Mrs. Peel

ANJRPC - Booted from Country Club - on WWOR tonight 11:00 p.m.

This just came through to my email...

BACH SPEECH CANCELLED BY

SPINELESS COUNTRY CLUB

Club Folds After Receiving "Complaints"

Defiant Republican Women's Group
Finds Alternate Venue For Speech

Media Coverage Tonight at 11 on Chasing News,
And Tuesday Morning On NJ 101.5 Radio

March 27 - The Spring Brook Country Club in Morristown, N.J. ignited a firestorm by cancelling its contract with the Morris County Women's Republican Club (MCWRC) to host their annual spring brunch on April 8, apparently because ANJRPC Executive Director and NRA Board Member Scott Bach was scheduled to be their keynote speaker. The country club caved after receiving an unspecified number of "complaints" about the Bach appearance.

Read the story that first broke the news here.

"Anti-gun liberals always say they want to have a 'conversation' about firearms, but what they really mean is they want to have a monologue," said Bach. "Free speech is only tolerated if you agree with them. Unfortunately, the Spring Brook Country Club couldn't withstand even a small amount of pressure from liberals - just wait until they hear from Second Amendment supporters!"

The MCWRC was defiant, and secured another venue for their event within 24 hours. "We will be proceeding with our Spring Brunch at another venue, the Birchwood Manor in Whippany," said MCWRC President Angelique Scholl. "Our members are looking forward to hearing Scott Bach speak. We will not be intimidated by those who are attempting to control the narrative on gun control and school violence."

The story is scheduled to be covered by Chasing News with host Bill Spadea tonight at 11 p.m. Tune in to WWOR-TV (Ch. 9, in the NY metro area) watch it live online here or download the My9 streaming app here.

Also, both Bach and Scholl are scheduled to appear live on NJ 101.5 radio tomorrow morning to discuss the unfolding situation. Tune in at 7:05 a.m. to hear Scholl, and 7:15 a.m. to hear Bach, or listen online here.

In the meanwhile, gun owners who wish to express their displeasure with the Spring Brook Country Club's lack of fortitude can contact General Manager David Bachman at [email protected] or call 973-867-1492.

Gun owners who wish to support Scholl and the MCWRC can find out more about the organization by clicking here. Scholl has also invited gun owners to attend the April 8 event at which Bach will speak, and is offering event tickets to members of ANJRPC and NRA at the same discounted price offered to MCWRC members.

<click here for the online version of this alert>

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Wow!! That country Club just made a really bad financial decision! They are about to lose a shit ton of members!

I wonder! What are the political leanings of the Morris County country club set? (R) or (D)?? I'm not really sure. Not my territory. I'll certainly send them one doozy of an email tomorrow though. But I'm hoping there's flack and cancellations from MEMBERS.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I wonder! What are the political leanings of the Morris County country club set? (R) or (D)?? I'm not really sure. Not my territory.

Morris County generally leans R. But can’t speak much of the country club set - I’ll let you know when I can finally afford to pay those membership dues..... maybe when I’m 90. :D 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 9:17 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

I wonder! What are the political leanings of the Morris County country club set? (R) or (D)?? I'm not really sure. Not my territory. I'll certainly send them one doozy of an email tomorrow though. But I'm hoping there's flack and cancellations from MEMBERS.

Morris County is pretty hard right. With the exception of Dover and Morristown (not Morris Township, very important because the Township is what makes up a majority of "Morristown" and is where more people and money are), maybe Parsippany leans to the left too, however Morris County is probably the most influential Red county in this state.

The back story to this country club in question coming from a few of my clients... the board was taken over by younger, and most of the affluent members have left the club.. Its not unfamiliar to what is happening in N.J. as a whole.