Maksim

New Jersey Firearms Laws

Post up the laws is a great idea I wanted to suggest that this forum needed something like that. I personally would suggest its own forum line all together. One where you can "sticky" and "lock" threads about all the actual laws on the books and then have conservations about laws that are being written, discussed or up for a vote in the legislature just in New Jersey. Like in my introduction post someone informed me of a carry bill that is going through, stuff like that needs its own place so it is easier to find. The more people know about the good laws going through the more they can support them and vice versa with the bad ones as well ;)

The NRA link works fine..

but the other link links to mostly broken or wrong links..

since that link is broken (and has been for a while) can we just copy and paste the entire law over here.. every time I go to reference I try that link and it NEVER works.. having the law here in detail would be nice.. including all the sub chapters of the law and all that.... would be nice to educate people countering all that misinformation they hear on a daily basis..

So how do we start collecting it and get the data in one place on this forum where all can reference?

lots of copy and paste...

title 13 IS important.. but pretty sure there is NOTHING in there in regards to transport..

you need 2c also..

since that link is broken (and has been for a while) can we just copy and paste the entire law over here.. every time I go to reference I try that link and it NEVER works.. having the law here in detail would be nice.. including all the sub chapters of the law and all that.... would be nice to educate people countering all that misinformation they hear on a daily basis..

Sorry, I never moved it over to the new host.

Try THIS for 2C.

I need a refresher: if I'm doing a face to face Pistol Transfer, the buyer needs to have the following:

-Current, valid DL

-Matching FPID

-Pistol Permits (valid)

No CoE needed, right?

Also, when done, I mail one copy of the permit to the NJSP, one copy to his [buyer] town's PD, one copy to the buyer, and I keep the other copy for myself... right?

Thanks,

-Adam