XDJohnTact

Shore Shot in Lakewood

Scott SS had a SR9 for 475 saw it today. FYI

Wow dropped their price $20 from Tuesday...thanks for the info!

They do have SR9's but all in black and I want a 2 tone. Also I have seen them cheaper online but I also want to shoot one before i make a decision.

Great guys there at SS though definitely thinking about becoming a member.

-Scott

John. Im glad you see where my loyalty is. Because being loyal is a big thing. Its different then Dicks! When you walk in to SS the guys behind the counter know your name (especially when you forget it.. sorry ken) and ask you questions about stuff you said 4 days ago. I dont mind paying a lil more to be treated like a human being. Im not going to bash ne where but when guys laugh at your questions it makes you feel like a retard. I want to go somewhere where Im treated like a human being and that is a hard thing to come by now a days. Go to SS where everyone knows your nammmeeee!

Jk but serious its good to go somewhere where you feel like someone not just a dollar sign like some shops. IDK I shop everywhere I just like to give my money to the right ones in SS is definantly the right one atleast for me I live in southern monmouth county.

John. Im glad you see where my loyalty is. Because being loyal is a big thing. Its different then Dicks! When you walk in to SS the guys behind the counter know your name (especially when you forget it.. sorry ken) and ask you questions about stuff you said 4 days ago. I dont mind paying a lil more to be treated like a human being. Im not going to bash ne where but when guys laugh at your questions it makes you feel like a retard. I want to go somewhere where Im treated like a human being and that is a hard thing to come by now a days. Go to SS where everyone knows your nammmeeee!

Jk but serious its good to go somewhere where you feel like someone not just a dollar sign like some shops. IDK I shop everywhere I just like to give my money to the right ones in SS is definantly the right one atleast for me I live in southern monmouth county.

I totally got it man. Always did. Loyalty is a big deal BUT I think some where along the way, things got reversed. A lot of shops don't try to earn loyalty. I guess with the run on guns, they don't have to. I do not have a relationship with SS. It was my first time there and like I said, probably not my last time either. I have no issues with the guys at SS. They were amongst the nicest I've dealt with at a gun shop and believe me man, I go to shops everywhere I ride. I pointed out an issue I saw. That's it. If you have the extra coin to spend on what is to me, ammo on the high side, go for it. I am completely aware they will never be able to compete with a Dicks or Walmart and I don't expect them to but being that being into firearms is an expensive hobby/lifestyle/whatever, every dollar I save, allows me to purchase more and shoot more.

Let me add in if some of the guys on this site have an issue with folks giving differing opinions, well....maybe you don't know what freedom is about.

:D:D :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:

Heading to SS this afternoon with my father and uncle. I will update the thread on the ammo prices.

Range Report:

Ammo prices are still extremely steep but still saw people rent guns and purchase range ammo.

Black Rifle pricing:

I only saw the price on 3 rifles DMPS, DTI, Sig

DTI - $1250

DMPS - $1600

Sig - $2200

Check out the SS blog for the specific models

My pricing could be backwards on the DTI and DMPS

I was at SS last Monday, 11 May. Seeing how I was putting my XD40 through its first rounds, I only bought .40... and I wish I had brought more of my own as a box there was priced at $35 for non members.

Its a damn shame they are selling 40sw ammo for $35. That is just being greedy. when 40sw ammo is fairly plentiful in stock at the local dicks, and all other local shops, and selling for about $20. They make money on the range, make money on the firearms, and then have 100% markup on ammo. :o

Karma is a B***H and watch, any of these new shooters will not forget the $35 for a box.

Yea, I don't think I'm going to be going back to SS for awhile. Nothing wrong with the location or the people who work there-- I just refuse to pay that much ever again (the next day I stopped by Cheyenne Mtn and bought a couple boxes for $20 a piece).

As for the XD, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had fired the XD9 Service model a couple times, but not the XD40 nor any sub compact model. Trigger seems to be fine for me, though I'll pay closer attention to it as I shoot more. Only things I think I'm going to do with it are get a Hogue sleeve, and some Pearce grips for the smaller magazines.

Yea, I don't think I'm going to be going back to SS for awhile. Nothing wrong with the location or the people who work there-- I just refuse to pay that much ever again (the next day I stopped by Cheyenne Mtn and bought a couple boxes for $20 a piece).

As for the XD, I wasn't sure what to expect. I had fired the XD9 Service model a couple times, but not the XD40 nor any sub compact model. Trigger seems to be fine for me, though I'll pay closer attention to it as I shoot more. Only things I think I'm going to do with it are get a Hogue sleeve, and some Pearce grips for the smaller magazines.

Did you happen to notice if they had their SR9 available for renting yet? Been waiting over a month. They had to send it to the gunsmith before renting it.

-Scott

My son and I went to Shore Shot on Saturday to shoot and it was not as busy as it has been. Member price for 9mm was 18.95. Still high but I brought reloads anyway. Bought a brick of .22 and we plinked away for an hour or two. Gun cases were filled with some nice pieces and I loved a few of the black rifles. Too bad my job ended last week. Probably go back Wednesday to show my friend how to shoot and pick out a pistol for him. Of course, I will be recommending an XD :lol:

Its a damn shame they are selling 40sw ammo for $35. That is just being greedy. when 40sw ammo is fairly plentiful in stock at the local dicks, and all other local shops, and selling for about $20. They make money on the range, make money on the firearms, and then have 100% markup on ammo. :o

Karma is a B***H and watch, any of these new shooters will not forget the $35 for a box.

Last time I went to SS I took my wife, we shot for a little over an hour and a half, bought two boxes of .40's and 5 or 6 paper targets. When we were checking out the bill was around $155.00!!!! I was shocked. Thats more than a 2 year membership at Ft. Dix where you can shoot whatever ammo you want, whatever caliber you want, whatever targets you want (less glass and most metals) , not just paper, and it goes out to 200 Yards!

Last time I went to SS I took my wife, we shot for a little over an hour and a half, bought two boxes of .40's and 5 or 6 paper targets. When we were checking out the bill was around $155.00!!!! I was shocked. Thats more than a 2 year membership at Ft. Dix where you can shoot whatever ammo you want, whatever caliber you want, whatever targets you want (less glass and most metals) , not just paper, and it goes out to 200 Yards!

PS: I have no problem with businesses trying to make a buck. BUT, there is a fine line between taking advantage and greed vs. good honest business practice.

Chad, you are spot on. Quick buck vs long term relationship.

I am a firm believer like many others on here, as this community spreads, many people will learn the truth.

Is $20 a fair price for a box of ammo if it is hard to get? Perhaps. $30? who knows, I know what I am comfortable paying.