tgz13

The Official NJGF Photo Thread!

im terribly upset that that the Colt AR's are banned in this state. i just dont understand how you can ban a manufacturer like that.

They aren't banned. Only certain models with certain writing on them, if you can believe that.

I compete with a Colt "Match Target HBAR" which is a Colt AR-15 with a different name on it. Completely NJ compliant, purchased at the Bullet Hole actually, but I've seen them in most better stores.

-Melg

i really want an AR bad!!!! the guns are just too badass. i really want the collapsible stock and flash suppressor though :(

I feel I must redeem myself after posting "Scarlet" :p Here are a couple lousy pics of my clay shooting gun:

[attachment=1]IMGP1640a.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMGP1639a.jpg[/attachment]

Mossberg 590A1 - 18.5" barrel with ghost ring sights. Modifications: Hogue Overmolded 12" LOP stock, Midwest Induststries Ambi HK sling mount, Vang Comp oversize safety, TacStar sidesaddle, Gun Connection +2 extension, Wolff Power spring, Vang Comp stainless follower. Has had about 6-700 rounds thru it in the past 2 months I've had it without a single hiccup.

I feel I must redeem myself after posting "Scarlet" :p Here are a couple lousy pics of my clay shooting gun:

[attachment=1]IMGP1640a.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]IMGP1639a.jpg[/attachment]

Mossberg 590A1 - 18.5" barrel with ghost ring sights. Modifications: Hogue Overmolded 12" LOP stock, Midwest Induststries Ambi HK sling mount, Vang Comp oversize safety, TacStar sidesaddle, Gun Connection +2 extension, Wolff Power spring, Vang Comp stainless follower. Has had about 6-700 rounds thru it in the past 2 months I've had it without a single hiccup.

Holy Crap.. so your telling me you I can put one of those extensions on my 590 and have 10+1?

Caine-

SLUG!

:lol::lol:

Holy Crap.. so your telling me you I can put one of those extensions on my 590 and have 10+1?

I don't know to be honest. I know he makes the one I have specifically for the 18.5" barreled 590A1s, and the package includes a Wolff spring that's cut to a specific length. I'm not sure if the end cap on the a regular 20" 590 is the same and it would also need a much longer spring. Regardless of that, it would stick out 3"+ past the front of your barrel. You'd be making an already REALLY long gun considerably longer and ungainly. But shoot me a PM if you want his contact info.

Caine-

SLUG!

:lol::lol:

I don't know to be honest. I know he makes the one I have specifically for the 18.5" barreled 590A1s, and the package includes a Wolff spring that's cut to a specific length. I'm not sure if the end cap on the a regular 20" 590 is the same and it would also need a much longer spring. Regardless of that, it would stick out 3"+ past the front of your barrel. You'd be making an already REALLY long gun considerably longer and ungainly. But shoot me a PM if you want his contact info.

Look at my Yugo SKS and my 1911.. .. do you really think I care about reality :-P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

j/k.. your gun looks sweet.

No matter what, it's gonna be a while before you can recover any man points after admitting ownership of "Scarlet". :D

No matter what, it's gonna be a while before you can recover any man points after admitting ownership of "Scarlet". :D

:lol::lol: :oops: :lol::lol: Does it help that I've never actually shot it and my girl is the only one that uses it? ;)

Yeah, it helps some, but ... sheesh, a pink digital camo? You (and your girl) been victimized by gender targeted marketing. Be ashamed.

You may be redeemed completely by posting pix of her with it. Just for confirmation, mind you. :D

K

The funny part is she doesn't even wear anything pink, or own anything pink. But for some reason when I told her about a camo pink gun she got excited lol As far as I'm concerned anything that gets her even remotely interested in guns is a good thing, even if it means my FFL laughs at me when I go pick up pink guns :lol:

IMG_0413.jpg

Bring it to the range next time. We'll get pix of Matt with it. It'll be "just faaabulous". :D

You know I was reading this thread this morning before my class started and I go to myself, how long until someone makes a joke about this gun involving me......

Bring it to the range next time. We'll get pix of Matt with it. It'll be "just faaabulous". :D

You know I was reading this thread this morning before my class started and I go to myself, how long until someone makes a joke about this gun involving me......

You started it with the whole sensitive trigger finger thing way back when, and it just took on a life of it's own. I'm just continuing to stirthepot.gif. If you want me to stop, I will. But I can't say the same for everyone else.

K

I feel your pain Matt.. who woulda thought a little .22 would stir up so many comments :lol::lol:

Ahhhh its ok, Ken knows it'll be coming back at him sooner or later. I hear the guy is sick and actually eating chicken soup, and he's commenting on us being wimps, I dunno. Last I heard you brought flowers and chicken soup to sick females, not men!

I like that pink camo gun, it's cool. Does a pink gun shot differently than a standard color'd firearm? I think not. Besides, if it gets women involved in shooting then I'm all for it. I think Charter Arms took it one step further and they have a few firearms in really colors and paterns.

Don't let these boys bother you Caine, just cause it's pink doesn't mean it's less manly. Remember, pink and yellow are macho colors.

You started it with the whole sensitive trigger finger thing way back when, and it just took on a life of it's own. I'm just continuing to stirthepot.gif. If you want me to stop, I will. But I can't say the same for everyone else.

K

Matt was the one who got a Boo Boo on his sensative finger on Sunday :D

oh man thats rough Tim.

But at least my wife didn't show me up in the shooting department :)

:lol:

yeah but as you saw, she is a decent shot, so when she says she wants something I jump. :? Besides all of my regular shooting crew bailed, so I had to rely on her for back up.

oh man thats rough Tim.

But at least my wife didn't show me up in the shooting department :)

:lol:

yeah but as you saw, she is a decent shot, so when she says she wants something I jump. :? Besides all of my regular shooting crew bailed, so I had to rely on her for back up.

She is a decent shot, she sure kicked your butt!! haha

Last night while I was sitting in studio doing work, I was literally itching to just get up and drive down to BA. One of these days I promise. I gotta see how you weird southern folks operate things down there.

Don't let these boys bother you Caine, just cause it's pink doesn't mean it's less manly. Remember, pink and yellow are macho colors.

Even reading that made me chuckle.

This looks okay. Actually, this looks a lot better than okay. A whole lot better.

80449870.jpg

But this is horribly wrong...

Pete%20with%20Penelope%20(pink%20AR-15).jpg

But yeah, if it gets more people into the sport, I don't care what color or shape it is. And, it'll still ruin your day if you get in it's way.