Sniper

Another Sheriff Wakes Up - Maryland Sheriff on Gun Confiscation Bill: ‘We Will Not Comply’

One by one, there might be some hope after all that these local Sheriffs will stick with their sworn duty to upholding the constitution from unlawful bills. We certainly need more of them!

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis says he and his deputies “will not comply” if Maryland lawmakers follow through with a long gun licensing and confiscation law.

Lewis told Delmarva Now that he believes lawmakers are punishing residents throughout the state for the out-of-control crime in Baltimore. He said, “Law-abiding citizens are repeatedly being penalized because of Baltimore City’s inability to control their crime. And I’m sorry — I’m not someone’s puppet. I’m going to stand up for what I think is unjust and unconstitutional to the American people, including those living in the state in Maryland.”

He added, “We’re gonna let them know that we are sick and tired of being penalized for Baltimore City’s inability to control crime. If these bills pass, we will not comply.”

Police One reports that Maryland’s House Bill 786 “would regulate shotguns and hunting rifles similarly to handguns.” It would do this by creating a license for long gun ownership and requiring universal background checks on long gun sales/purchases.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/28/maryland-sheriff-gun-confiscation-bill-we-will-not-comply/

If you see this guy wandering around in Maryland, please go buy him a doughnut!

wicomico-county-sheriff-mike-lewis-640x4

• Like 1

Baltimore City (and County, for that matter) is a lost cause.

The HBO series "The Wire" was/is a true representation of the city.

Drugs, guns and corruption prevail. So now the pols want to legalize the drugs, criminalize and confiscate the guns, and expand the corruption that lines all their pockets.

F*ck the pols all over, not just in MD and NJ. Where's Robespierre when you need him??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

Baltimore City (and County, for that matter) is a lost cause […] Drugs, guns and corruption prevail.

Sadly, I agree. As one example, take Operation Ceasefire (a program started by criminologist David Kennedy and first launched in Boston in the mid-90s)… the program features real formal communication between police, gangs, and community reps - they all sit down together to establish new "norms" of behavior... there are job training opportunities, efforts to pull kids out of gang life and... (importantly) serious punishment (like stiff sentences, not plea bargained joke sentences) for those who continue to engage in crime, etc. So, it's both a "carrot and stick" approach. It's been highly successful in many cities. The ONLY city I've heard where the program was quickly abandoned? You got it - Baltimore (the ironically named "Charm City"). I've always suspected the city's corruption was just too deep... and the powers that be LIKE it that way. Sad.

• Like 1

I worked in Baltimore in the 80s and it was much different then.  It had it's bad parts but was pretty safe. It was the biggest blue collar city I've ever seen.  Most of that was attributable to William Donald Schafer who was mayor at the time.  He eventually became Governor of Maryland but I can't speak for that record.  As mayor he was an old time Conservative Democrat, more conservative than many Republicans now.

He had no tolerance for crime.  He let the police do what they needed to do.  He was innovative, fiscally conservative, and believed in abolishing the welfare state.

I lived in Bel Air in Harford County which was pretty much crime free at the time.  Now there are only 17% of the cities in the US that have worse crime rates.

Now that was 35 years ago.  I have a friend that grew up in Baltimore.  She left there almost 20 years ago for a Federal job and did the multi-city and international tour of duty.  She works out of Baltimore now but doesn't live there. That's because Baltimore is a sewer now.

Quick, everyone write their county sheriffs and site this example and express your concern for liberty and that these egregious laws are actually unjust and designed by symptomatically corrupt and morally and ethnically bankrupt liberalized ELECTED politicians that have no intention of stopping violent crime and keeping our citizens including our children safe but would rather harass honest, law-abiding citizens with their unconstitutional and oath breaking schemes.  Throw in things like the fact that even when guns are stolen and used illegally to commit a crime it is largely done by repeat offenders, many of whom are NOT even charged with the de facto gun crime.  It is already illegal to commit a crime with a gun, but to get their paychecks these politicians and attorneys put this cancer  back out on the streets sooner (and to be lazy doing their job), and to further promote their anti-Bill of Rights agenda by then using the continued attacks on the citizen sheep.  While tax-paying people that are just trying to get by, they are punished and left defenseless to protect their families and brainwashed and neutered.  The more crimes criminals commit the easier it is to push gun confiscation legislation and why wouldn't these politicians who plan on encroaching more of the rights of the people not want those people to disarmed?  History has shown what a centralized and distant government whether in England, Trenton, Berlin, or Washington DC can muster up.

Poor yourself a cup of TEA and get writing musket owners, supporters, and defenders.  Be constitutionally framed and civil.  

One if by Murphy, Two if by Pelosi.