tony357

tell us about your hunting dog.

I am an avid upland hunter, I currently have 2 shorthairs.

ruger is 3 years old liver and white.

colt is 1 year old liver and white ticked.

dogs i have owned in the past,

gsp winchester black and white very dedicated hunting dog best i ever owned. lived to be 13.5 years old and hunted til he was 12.

brittany: he was an excellent hunter and only lived to 5 years old he passed away from kidney failure and ruger was 1.5 years old at the time.

pics of the dogs.

ruger on point with target coming in to pic. ruger 1 years old stafford forge wma.

dogs002.jpg

ruger and colt, colt is about 8 weeks.

coltandruger011.jpg

ruger last year game creek.

19.jpg

ruger and colt this winter at home.

compradiator005.jpg

I was not able to get any pics of colt this season my hunting was cut short due to surgery.

I have pics of winchester but i have to scan them, I also have more pic's of target the brittany.

hunting trip at game creek, ruger and ranger my buddy chris and his brittany. click on the pic.

th_of505333992.jpg

I have a pair of English Setters. I love my dogs and hunting with them is really just a long hike with a heavy stick for me, I just watch them work and rarely shoot. I moved them here from Ga, and they have adapted well. I used to hunt them on Ruffs in the N. Ga mountains, along the App Trail. Great stuff....

Hannah is now 12, she is a Lewellen Setter, Belton or blue/black ticked. She is a total bitch, very dominant and tough. I have witnessed her cower bigger and stronger GSPs many times. Which is really funny because she is one of the nicest animals, very silly acting, never grown up and still jumps around like a 4 month old puppy. Great with kids. She only hunted a few times this past season and I think she is done now, he legs are really getting creaky. A real shame...she has given me some great times over the years.

Richmond is my 6 yo male, bench style with tricolor markings. One of the most athletic, docile, sweet and handsome animals I have ever met. Problem is, he is about the dumbest also. He gets lost in our back yard! He is a great dog and a wonderful pet. He was a forming into a really good field trial dog when we moved. I have been trying to turn him into a more close working dog, and this last season it seemed to work well.... I hunted him on rabbits and he did well. But he is so fast, I can blink and he will be gone,just running for the fun of it. Then he forgets what he is doing! He is pretty though.

Guess which is which?

I'm an avid upland hunter also. There doesn't seem to

be as many of us as there used to be. Seems most prefer

deer hunting. Nothing against deer hunting, I just really love

upland hunting.

I have two bird dogs. My older one is a chocolate lab,9 years old.

His name is Lucas, "named after Lucas McCaine from the TV show The Rifleman :)

My other is an english pointer, Whte and orange,4 years old. Her name is Maggie. No reason

for that name :)

My next dog will be an English Pointer.

They really have a great nose. much better than my lab.She rarely

will miss a bird, and I like the style of an english pointer. Not just

the style of the point but the style of her running,"hunting"

But I have to say, I like the style of the shorthair too.

think we should open it up to all dogs?

sure why not?? dogs were all bred for something so just add their use to the post.. If you do not know what your dog was bred for look it up and add it to your post it could be very intresting to see all the diffrent breeds..

Found this posted on Saiga-12 forum.

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS...

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your

entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me.

Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters~

Now pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!