Castro

CZ Scorpion

(Not sure if this is where you post - if not mod can you move)

Wanted to show off my CZ Scorpion Carbine with the faux supressor.

Basically has HBI charging handle, trigger and AK selector switch. Also a magpul front grip, micro laser (hard to see but it’s right in front of grip), magpul rail clip, random light I found (haha) and my personal favorite sight a Sightmark II.

D258AB0E-411B-4DF4-AE7F-6415C93057A1.jpeg

DF18A9C9-7F73-4CB0-B304-FD4C38F9A571.jpeg

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, SJG said:

Dump that ugly stock and put a Black Mission First Tactical Stock on it

New Jersey - stock has to be not foldable and non adjustable. This is the only stock I could find that fits that criteria. If you pin the stock so that it doesn’t fold you have no access to the button that you need to depress in order to remove stock (where as this one the button is readily accessible). 

What I really want is to attach a bushmaster stock to the scorpion (which you could do through a Dan Haga product) which would look sweeeeeet.

2 hours ago, Castro said:

(Not sure if this is where you post - if not mod can you move)

Wanted to show off my CZ Scorpion Carbine with the faux supressor.

Basically has HBI charging handle, trigger and AK selector switch. Also a magpul front grip, micro laser (hard to see but it’s right in front of grip), magpul rail clip, random light I found (haha) and my personal favorite sight a Sightmark II.

D258AB0E-411B-4DF4-AE7F-6415C93057A1.jpeg

DF18A9C9-7F73-4CB0-B304-FD4C38F9A571.jpeg

Very nice.  How does it shoot?

1 hour ago, Castro said:

New Jersey - stock has to be not foldable and non adjustable. This is the only stock I could find that fits that criteria. If you pin the stock so that it doesn’t fold you have no access to the button that you need to depress in order to remove stock (where as this one the button is readily accessible). 

What I really want is to attach a bushmaster stock to the scorpion (which you could do through a Dan Haga product) which would look sweeeeeet.

They make a fixed non folding, non adjustable, that would look much better

18 minutes ago, samtechlan said:

Very nice.  How does it shoot?

Flawlessly. The bolt is... hugeeeeeeeee... for a 9mm Carbine - so getting dirty is no problem (I think some dude on YouTube is up to thousands of rounds without cleaning). My one gripe was the safety but that is easily fixed with aftermarket products. The breakdown is super easy too. Even though I’m eventually selling it I love the damn thing to death!

1 minute ago, Castro said:

Flawlessly. The bolt is... hugeeeeeeeee... for a 9mm Carbine - so getting dirty is no problem (I think some dude on YouTube is up to thousands of rounds without cleaning). My one gripe was the safety but that is easily fixed with aftermarket products. The breakdown is super easy too. Even though I’m eventually selling it I love the damn thing to death!

Thanks everything I read about the Scorpion is that it is superior in terms of reliability to other far more expensive 9mm platforms like B&T's, MP5's and Sigs.   

16 minutes ago, SJG said:

Get the ShootingSight trigger module for this rifle and it will really rock

I would love to but I stripped my damn screw haha. Gotta send the lower back to replace the screw

20 minutes ago, samtechlan said:

Thanks everything I read about the Scorpion is that it is superior in terms of reliability to other far more expensive 9mm platforms like B&T's, MP5's and Sigs.   

Best 9mm carbine. Hands down. End of discussion. Well worth the money

4 hours ago, Castro said:

My one gripe was the safety but that is easily fixed with aftermarket products.

I have a Scorpion too, it's a neat rifle and fun to shoot. Seems to be bullet proof (pun). My one complaint is the safety too. It works fine but the lever is too long and hits me in the web between my thumb and index finger with my natural grip on the right side. I know there's some aftermarket safety upgrades... that's on my to-do list.

It's a really cool gun.  A bit heavy, but quite frankly I think it is pointless in NJ.... Fake suppressor and a bastardized stock.

Only thing is that the gun was a tad bulky.  (although that was not helped by optics and a suppressor on the one I shot. =P  )

If I was living in NJ and I wanted one... I would get an "Other Firearm" in 9mm or a regular AR in 9mm.  Something to be said for same platform and things being where they are supposed to be i.e. if your other gun is an AR-15.

Other one I like... the Kalashnikov USA AK in 9mm.

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

So do I understand correctly that one would need to replace the standard stock to make it NJ legal?

If your talking about the rifle, either pin the stock  so it will not collapse or fold or replace it.

If you are talking about the micro, it is illegal in NJ no matter what you do, due to  weight, unless you do a hatchet job on it.

The negatives on the scorpion are: the trigger sucks and you will want to replace it or change the spring weight; the pistol grip it comes with sucks and you will want to change it; the charging handle is just "Ok" and you may want to change it; the fire control lever may or may not be uncomfortable for your hand and you may want to change it; some do not like the geometry of the trigger shoe, and you may or may not want to replace that( it doesn't bother me); go to HB Industries website and you can see what the aftermarket part options are

I have and keep neither in NJ. As both are 9mm you would be better just purchasing a 9mm AR carbine that can be had for less money. I have no opinion at the moment about "others" as I have not purchased one yet pending additional comparison reviews plus the continued absence of legislative action in NJ that would shut them down. Also, the other issue is that the minimum length of "others" is not really that much shorter if you have a 14" barrel with a  pinned and welded brake on an AR to bring it to 16" Depends on what kind of shooting you intend to do-distance--and where you primarily intend to shoot. There are also nice legal NJ bullpups out there that are compact