Maksim

Dropped by Cheyenne Mountain today

The place is packed.... with firearms. Not people.

I am fairly certain we are at the top of this now. They ordered wayyyyyyy tooo much. All of their cases with a million pegs are now all filled up. Plenty of ammo, even 9mm, albeit the price was high.

I was in there too - been in a couple of times recently, ogling a rifle. I am a little put off by the fact they are selling it for $350 over the MRSP. Other black rifles they had at MRSP (the sig 556 for $1850 and the M&P15 for $1800) - this one, 350 over. I know it's demand and supply, but, well, I think that's excessive. My usual guy can get me the same rifle for $1450, but quotes a 6 - 12 month wait. SO disappointed - it's out of my reach.

Happy shooting

G

Went over to Cheyenne Mountain today and your werent kidding! Nice people, good prices and lots too choose from. I spent almost an hour just walking around the store, check prices on guns and ammo. Very helpful people. The ammo prices were good and they had plenty there but they did mention that they are limiting the amount you buy so that they have enough to go around. All in all a nice place and I will definitely go back once I get my permits.

I also went down the road to the sportsmen center. Big store and nice people but didnt have much ammo at all and less guns then Cheyenne Mountain.

-Scott

Eh, was there today as well. perhaps ran into each other.

Was there about an hour or so ago.

I wouldnt say ammo prices are ereally really goood. 9mm was $15.99 a box.

they had CCI primers, $44.99 per 1k... seems high?

Eh, was there today as well. perhaps ran into each other.

Was there about an hour or so ago.

I wouldnt say ammo prices are ereally really goood. 9mm was $15.99 a box.

they had CCI primers, $44.99 per 1k... seems high?

I thought $15.99/box wasnt bad. Then again the only place I have bought was in a range.

Now that you mention it I think that same ammo was $2.00less per box on Cabela's

-Scott

Wow I didnt know that. Do they have a large selection? Do they ask for your FID card?

-Scott

I haven't bought amm at Dick's, but a FID is required to purchase handgun ammo. Usually a drivers license is allthat is needed for rifle or shotgun ammo.

Policies vary from retailer to retailer, however, Dick's tracks anything that can be loaded into a handgun, including 410 shells.