Maksim

Ruger Precision Rifle 6.5 PRC - Video Premier 9PM

It's an accurate rifle out-of-the-box for the money. 

I would recommend replacing the MIM cocking piece. It's a known problem on the RPR. Anarchy Outdoors has a nice billet replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

On 10/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, 124gr9mm said:

Very cool rifle/cartridge.

Why the hell were you squatting on the stump at the end???????? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Because Slavs Squad! =)  That's the channel Meme!

On 10/22/2019 at 8:56 AM, Parker said:

It's an accurate rifle out-of-the-box for the money. 

I would recommend replacing the MIM cocking piece. It's a known problem on the RPR. Anarchy Outdoors has a nice billet replacement. 

Thanks @Parker will take a look!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Maksim
      So after discovering that I can search the Ruger site by caliber... I found this guy... the American Ranch in 7.62x39. 

So besides that it is cheap... wondering... why?
      I suppose for hunting and cheap ammo?
      In any case... lol. yes. I will be requesting one to test when I am done with the current batch.
    • By Maksim
      Finally had the chance to spend a good amount of time with the gun.  At this price point, there is no reason not to get one!

• By Maksim
      Some of you were aware or may have caught my post discussing some long range guns.
      Early last week I had the pleasure of being flown out to the middle of nowhere in Texas, to the FTW Ranch, to shoot some upcoming rifles in a joint event with Ruger, Leupold and Hornady. 
      Most of the guns I have shot are not yet released and cannot talk about them, but one of them, I can.  It is the Ruger Hawkeye Long Range Target in 6.5 PRC.  The gun was released at Shot Show, earlier this year and is now available in 300 Win Mag, 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC.  
      The event was really a 3 day shooting class where we used the new firearms.  They were brand new, and in a few cases prototypes.  They were production guns, not messed with and were straight out of the boxes.  We shot the guns at ranges from 250 to 2,300 yards with Hornady match ammo.  The optics were Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25 scopes.
      Working on the full video but here is a teaser of me shooting it at 1,200 and 1,400 yards.  1st shot hit on 1,200, took 2 on 1,400.  Unfortunately did not hit at 1,600 as the round was no longer supersonic and the winds were hell.
      I was just blown away personally, that a gun with a $1,279 MSRP and a $1,000 or so street price was good enough to maintain sub MOA at those distances.

• By medved11
      I have the following two guns up for sale on consignment at Howell Gun Works. The rifle is in excellent condition and only seen very light use. The only reason that I'm selling it is that I want to raise funds for a custom build:
      Ruger .308 Gunsite Scout Rifle:
      SOLD Approximate round count is 120 Comes with: One 10 round steel magazine XS Sights Extended Rail (+factory scout rail and rear sight) Ruger factory scope rings Wilderness Tactical Rhodesian sling LOP spacers Griffen Armament Paladin 2-port brake (+ factory brake and thread protector) Manual As mentioned above, the rifle is on consignment with Howell Gun Works, so the sale would be done directly through them. Pictures are available on their Facebook page (see screenshot below):

• By medved11
      Up for sale The rifle is a Ruger Precision Rifle (Gen 2) with a Magpul PRS stock (Gen 3). The rifle is  on consignment with Howell Gun Works, so the sale would be done directly through them and is available now. 
      Details:
      SOLD .223 caliber (but can handle 5.56 as well according to Ruger) "Like New" condition with only 60 rounds of Federal Match .223 fired through it Comes with the following: Magpul Gen 3 PRS stock (folding) 1 Ruger polymer magazine Original Ruger adjustable buttstock Picatinny and sling stud bipod attachment points (the picatinny rail is attached now, the sling stud is in the box with the original buttstock) Keymod QD sling mounting point (currently installed on the left side of the handrail) Ruger factory muzzle brake  
      Here’s an older picture of the rifle. The scope; scope mount; bipod; and bipod mount shown here are not included in the sale