rauchman

Which Pistol to purchase???

Greetings,

Last January, I purchased an XD45 Tact and XD 9mm Tact w/ night sights. At 1st, I was really enamored w/ both pistols. Since the purchase, I've grown less and less fond of the XD9, and while I like the XD45 better, it's not rockin my world either. I've come to the conclusion I like Glocks better than XD's. I picked up a new G19 (w/ Austrian proof marks) a couple of weeks ago and I dig it. I also have a 2nd gen G19 & G17.

Other pistols I have.....

HK USP45F

HK P7 PSP

Sig P226

SA 1911 Loaded

CZ75SA .40

Ruger Mark II

Beretta 92FS

Beretta Neos

Walther P5

I'm selling off the XD's to fund other purchases. My want list includes....

G35

G21SF

G30SF

Sig P228

Sig P220 Elite

HK USP9C

S&W Model 41

Other .22 (Ruger 22/45, Buckmark, Other???)

Although I have a few .45's and one .40 listed, due to the continually escalating costs of ammo, I'm focusing more on another 9mm or .22. So really it comes to ......

Sig P228

HK USP9C

.22 Pistol

Opinions, thoughts..........???

I have the Smith 41 with long and short barrels and red dots on both. I feel like I'm cheating when shooting bullseye with it. I highly recommend it for inexpensive practising.

I've seen the M41's going for about $1K. That's a big pill to swallow for a .22. Don't get me wrong, in my mind the M41 is one of those must haves, but geez......it's steep for a .22.

I am a big Sig fan. Also a CZ 75 is a good choice if you like the one you have in 40.

I picked up my CZ in 2004 or so at the Bullet Hole for $375. I can't believe that these guns are now over $600. I've always liked the P-01 (I think that's the model designation.... the compact model w/ light rail).

I owned a HK USP9C, and it remains the best pistol I have ever fired. Small, holds 13rds, and is a great shooter. I regret trading it, but I got my father's garand in the trade, and after enough time goes by I'll get back the HK :twisted: :lol:

I've gotten to shoot a USP9C once at the Bullet Hole. Guy in the port next to me was shooting one and was kind enough to let me take 5 rounds on it. It's really rare I pick up a pistol I've never shot before and be able to pull a 1" group at 10 yards. I REALLY liked that pistol. And I do think the USP has the ultimate control setup.

USP's are good. But my vote for CZ 75/85 if you are going with a 9mm.

Walther P99? different.

a 22lr is a great pistol, and one that sees the most action. What other firearm can you fire 500 rounds and not break the bank?

Buckmarks, Rugers, both good. I will take my smith. Beretta Neos also a good option.

a 22lr is a great pistol, and one that sees the most action. What other firearm can you fire 500 rounds and not break the bank?

at around 1000 rounds / $120, a cz52 in 7.62x25 is pretty inexpensive shooting. yes, maybe not as inexpensive as a .22 but a bit more effective as a defensive sidearm.

Why don't you buy a 22 conversion kit for one of the guns you have and then buy whatever you like in .45cal ? (can you tell which cal is my fav?) :lol:

My father has a Kimber 22 conversion on his Warrior and he loves it. It hasn't jammed up yet but I sure do clean things well.

Goodness knows if I didn't, he would have a pile of rust instead of a nice collection. :D

My wife wants to buy a .22 conversion kit for her Sig as it is her favorite blaster.

I want one too! It's even on my "Father's Day list".

2 birds, one permit. That's a win - win if I have ever seen one!

Greetings,

Last January, I purchased an XD45 Tact and XD 9mm Tact w/ night sights. At 1st, I was really enamored w/ both pistols. Since the purchase, I've grown less and less fond of the XD9, and while I like the XD45 better, it's not rockin my world either. I've come to the conclusion I like Glocks better than XD's. I picked up a new G19 (w/ Austrian proof marks) a couple of weeks ago and I dig it. I also have a 2nd gen G19 & G17.

Other pistols I have.....

HK USP45F

HK P7 PSP

Sig P226

SA 1911 Loaded

CZ75SA .40

Ruger Mark II

Beretta 92FS

Beretta Neos

Walther P5

I'm selling off the XD's to fund other purchases. My want list includes....

G35

G21SF

G30SF

Sig P228

Sig P220 Elite

HK USP9C

S&W Model 41

Other .22 (Ruger 22/45, Buckmark, Other???)

Although I have a few .45's and one .40 listed, due to the continually escalating costs of ammo, I'm focusing more on another 9mm or .22. So really it comes to ......

Sig P228

HK USP9C

.22 Pistol

Opinions, thoughts..........???

Sig P228 or HK USP9c is a toss up

Ruger 22/45 or Buck Mark I lean to the Buck Mark Bullseyes

I own a Glock 30 and G22 great guns, lately I shoot with the conversion it is cheap and lot of fun.

I have the 92FS and the XD9 and I favor the XD9's grip over the Beretta's, but I feel both are very accurate. I like the grip angle on both.

I would suggest dry firing as many as you can then narrow it down to a few then rent them. I had my heart set on a Glock 19, but it just did not feel right in my hand....it's a great gun, but it felt awkward to me. To each his own, I guess.

For example, I was told to get a S&W 686 (like my Dad's) but it was A LOT more $$$. However, I put REALLY tight groups with that [ my Dad's] gun from 15 yards away....and I have only put about 50-60 rounds through it. Now I am kicking myself because I wanted to save some money.

Anyway, take your time and keep looking. See if you can go with friends to try out their guns or rent a few after you narrow it down. Good luck and buy what feels best to you. Asking what the best gun to get is like asking me what the best guitar to buy is...there are MANY factors, but it comes down to your budget and what feels the best to you.