Mauser88

More stockpiling ammunition

I'm sure glad I started reloading back in 1982!!!!

More stockpiling ammunition: Fear of potential Obama laws causing mass sales

By PERRY BACKUS Ravalli Republic

FLORENCE - Every day, Darren Newsom's three Bitterroot Valley Ammunition facilities crank out 300,000 rounds of ammunition.

It's not nearly enough.

The ammo situation stinks.

I'm not sure why .380 and 38 specials are so popular. Small and low recoil or is it just cheap or just very popular in older guns?

In free states they are used for concealed carry, which also rose after the Obamantion rose to power.

I believe that's the thinking behind Bam Bam's plan to have a "Civilian Defense Force" (brownshirts) that is as well trained and armed as the military and whose allegiances are sworn directly to the White House rather than to uphold and defend the Constitution.

How sad is that?? We're at the point in history when we're separating the Constitution from the very entity sworn to uphold it. Be afraid.

Ken

I am hoping in the vernon area that they local police force is sensible enough to buck that federal order

The Chief is a nice enough person but he's a political animal and said bucking would endanger his rice bowl.

Where are ya in Vernon???

I'm up on the hill in Highland Lakes. We're at opposite ends of the township far as I can tell.

I'm Mark but I also go by Mal...as in MMMM AL, not as in Mall.

I don't figure anyone knows me. Might have seen my truck around though.

http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/axiom/axiomtires.jpg

Yeah, its like having money in the bank, except its in your gun safe

Poor choice for an investment. AR style rifles are showing up on dealer's racks in mass up here. A friend who is a dealer ordered several DPMS in 308 thinking it would be months before the delivery. they showed up in four days. Now he's scrambling to sell them. AR's are on every internet sale site at elevated pricing and they sit for days. I think people finally realized that stockpiling firearms was a poor bet in many cases.

The only money making scam now is primers and powder to some extent. But selling at a 4 to 500 percent markup is really starting to piss many off. I've seen many just drop out and stop shooting. The lack or ammo is going to hurt sales of firearms and the lack of components is going to kill the sale of reloading items. Dillon and others can sell all the gear they want but it is nothing more than a boat anchor without the unavailable components. Sad to say but the ones killing the sport are the ones crying the loudest about making it more available.

I didn't mean it from an investment standpoint. I meant it as, this is something people purchased years ago when they had a job and some extra money. Now if they are jobless and are in need of money they can sell their guns. Not selling them to make a profit, just selling them to get money. Same thing if they had an extra car or something, need money, sell it.

Liquid assets.

I didn't mean it from an investment standpoint. I meant it as, this is something people purchased years ago when they had a job and some extra money. Now if they are jobless and are in need of money they can sell their guns. Not selling them to make a profit, just selling them to get money. Same thing if they had an extra car or something, need money, sell it.

Liquid assets.

Like people who collect expensive art, or collectible cars like Jay Leno.

If he ever needed money he could sell his cars and be a millionaire all over again.

I was thinking the same thing, this thread is wayyyyyy off topic, we went from ammo, to alarms, to jay leno, to cars....

Nah, none stored in them....but I am considering building an underground bunker. :D jk jk jk

oh great, now this thread is going to be all about underground bunkers....

ok back on topic...sorry! :cry: