Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Arsenal seized in parsippany.

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/morris/index.ssf?/base/news-5/1242965108188390.xml&coll=1

I hope it wasnt anyone here. :lol: though the members here represent only like .01% of all nj firearms owners.

Arsenal seized in Parsippany, authorities say

Raid of man's home yields weapons, ammo

Friday, May 22, 2009

BY EUGENE PAIK

For the Star-Ledger

Authorities raided a Parisppany home early yesterday and seized an arsenal of more than 40 firearms, many of which were loaded, according to the Morris County Prosecutor's Office.

Adam Coughlan, 28, was arrested and charged with the unlawful possession of high-capacity ammunition magazines and three counts of unlawful possession of an assault firearm with a high-capacity detachable magazine, said office spokesman Capt. Jeffrey Paul.

Advertisement

With a warrant, heavily armed officers searched Coughlan's home on Roosevelt Avenue in the Lake Hiawatha section around 12:15 a.m. yesterday, he said. They found "numerous" assault rifles, high-capacity magazines and other "high-powered" weapons, he said, as well as thousands of rounds of ammunition.

"This investigation is ongoing, and it will take us several days to sort through the voluminous amounts of evidence which were seized," Morris County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi said in a statement. "Additional charges are anticipated."

Coughlan was held at the Morris County jail yesterday in lieu of $200,000 bail, according to authorities. The arrest followed a short-term undercover investigation conducted by the prosecutor's office, Parsippany police and the Morris County Sheriff's Office.

The prosecutor's office is working with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the county sheriff's office; and the New Jersey State Police to see if the seized weapons were used in any violent crimes.

Bianchi said the county has seized more than 80 guns and assault firearms in the past year.

According to Coughlan's profile on Myspace.com, he graduated from William Paterson University in 2005 with a bachelor's degree in sociology. A graduate of Parsippany High School, he worked as a maintenance engineer at a Basking Ridge hotel and expressed plans to earn a master's degree in the near future.

He is described as a fan of foreign languages, karate, the military and guitars. Photos found on the profile also show him as a gun enthusiast.

Eugene Paik is a reporter for the New Jersey Local News Service. He may be reached at [email protected].

I stopped by Meltzers today and bought 100 rounds of 9mm($20/ea ouch!). The story would probably read "Man pulled over on highway stop, found to have hundreds of rounds of powerful ammunition in his vehicle"

Assault rifles are full automatic...these in this story are likely to just be mis-labeled semi-automatic rifles that look scary.

Interesting, only $50K less bail for him than for this guy:

http://www.nj.gov/njsp/news/pr102008.html

Chatham, N.J. - Attorney General Anne Milgram, New Jersey State Police Superintendent Rick Fuentes and ATF Special Agent in Charge Matthew Horace today announced the arrest of a Chatham man for selling illegal guns including three assault weapons. David Charles Murray, 26, of Chatham, sold a total of eight illegal guns, including three assault weapons, to an undercover New Jersey trooper over approximately one month.

Detectives from the NJSP Street Gang Unit worked side by side with agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF) on the investigation that followed guns purchased in Pennsylvania that were then defaced and sold illegally in New Jersey. Murray bought guns legally to transfer them illegally to another person

Do you suppose that the picture of him holding the USC with what appears to be a large cap mag in it, have anything to do with his arrest?

I don't know what the standard mags are for those...might be NJ legal.

omg what a sick fug.. . if you login to see the rest of his pics, there are pics of him holding a gun to someone head, trying to choke them, trying to stab them.

And a few of those handguns sure had the high cap magazines.

And correct me if i am wrong, a few pictures of firearms on a german flag with the title "who needs a girlfriend."

let me see if I can link the photos here...

the rest over here. I am not going to have any of the rest of the crap on here.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=22693804&albumId=48232