Sign in to follow this  
tgz13

Natchez 9mm in stock notification

I noticed a whole bunch of 9mm came in stock at Natchez and all of it was $20/box or more.

They were selling ammo out so fast someone finally decided to start gouging. Now they'll have stock but it'll be too expensive.

At this time, I can go to Davis shooting and buy 9mm for $15/box + tax or Meltzers(near where I work, convenient) for $20/box.

With that in mind, I need to beat those prices before I buy it online. I really want to find some WWB or something at the $10ish/50 price. I guess those days are gone. I used to help my step dad reload back in the day and that'd be the answer if primers were available. I want practice shooting my HK. I used to shoot nearly every week before I moved to NJ 13 years ago. I moved here, got new jobs and only thought about guns when I went back to visit and hunt.

The problem is, I can pop off 200 rounds of 9mm an hour at a casual pace, it really sucks.

I read it...it's an hour drive for me to get down there.

could be worth it. Also, my local dicks had plenty of 9mm in stock, call yours.

The point is, $15-$18 for a box of 50 ain't cheap to simply "pop off" at the range weekly. After you buy targets, time/gas to get there it's $65-$75 and that's just one trip to the range. Oh, and then add in the cost to join or go to the range and average that in. I'd love to go more to the range, but it's getting to be too expensive!

Thanks for the "heads up" on the ammo.

I read it...it's an hour drive for me to get down there.

could be worth it. Also, my local dicks had plenty of 9mm in stock, call yours.

The point is, $15-$18 for a box of 50 ain't cheap to simply "pop off" at the range weekly. After you buy targets, time/gas to get there it's $65-$75 and that's just one trip to the range. Oh, and then add in the cost to join or go to the range and average that in. I'd love to go more to the range, but it's getting to be too expensive!

Thanks for the "heads up" on the ammo.

that is why there were plenty of 22's that showed up at the range.

the fact is...

If you pay call it $200 for annual range dues, go as much as you want, even weekly...

$200/52, call it $4 per range trip.

Say $5 in gas, $2 in ink to print targets, and we are at $11 total.

If you want to pop off 250 rounds in a 22lr, another $10 for ammo,

$21 for a range trip. A night out drinking, going to the movies, or dinner will easily run you more money.

for instance, last night when we met, I went through 300 rounds of ammo, including letting a few people there shoot. 100rds of 9mm, 200rds of 22lr through 2 firearms.

I picked up a walther G22 bullpup, and with a scope most fun I ever had. the guys with the GSG's are having quite a bit of fun as well. Many people make the mistake of buying a firearm they cant afford to shoot, esp if they cant reload.

That's why I am getting a savage .22 this Friday. I went and bought the ammo first because it was there. I know $50 for a 1000 rounds of .22LR is expensive but it's $250 cheaper than my 9MM ammo and $950 cheaper than my 30-06! At least I can go to the range and pop off a few hundred rounds for $10 or so....that's a bit more bearable. Also, I can go to the WMA site and have more fun with "goofy" target set-ups....

thats awesome. I have to pick up a few more bricks today. ;)

where else can you empty out a 10 rd magazine in seconds and have it cost you $.44.

You must be slow...my 14 year old son can empty a 10 round magazine 3-times in 2 seconds and it costs him $0.00! :lol:

That's why I am getting a savage .22 this Friday. I went and bought the ammo first because it was there. I know $50 for a 1000 rounds of .22LR is expensive but it's $250 cheaper than my 9MM ammo and $950 cheaper than my 30-06! At least I can go to the range and pop off a few hundred rounds for $10 or so....that's a bit more bearable. Also, I can go to the WMA site and have more fun with "goofy" target set-ups....

where is this WMA site? Whats it all about? Are there any in Monmouth County?

Thanks

I noticed a whole bunch of 9mm came in stock at Natchez and all of it was $20/box or more.

They were selling ammo out so fast someone finally decided to start gouging. Now they'll have stock but it'll be too expensive.

Went to Pittsburgh last weekend. Walmart has Blazer Brass for 8.97/box. Only problem is they've imposed a 6 box per person per dax max. Thank goodness for shift changes.