Sign in to follow this  
BadBul

Springfield Armory EMP

I want to buy a Springfield Armory EMP. It comes in a 9 MM, 40 and a 45 ACP. I am thinking the 45 ACP but it only holds 6+1 where the 9 MM and 40 hold 9+1. My question on this is at a range is the lack of 3 bullets going to be a pain?

My question on this is at a range is the lack of 3 bullets going to be a pain?

At the range it will make absolutely no difference at all. If nothing else it lets you perfect reload drills ;) I would be more concerned about when you're not at the range. In a God forbid situation where you had to use your firearm in a defensive manner, would you be comfortable with having 6 rounds?? That is the question.

Some might say 1 is enough (a tad egotistical in my opinion), and others might say the state limit of 15 rounds. It's all preference and comfort levels.

If you hit what you are aiming at you will most likely only need one shot.

With some calibers this is true. The follow up questions are how many rounds were fired before/after hitting the target, and how many targets were there? My point being the number of rounds fired/needed can quickly add up. Clearly a lot depends on the ability of the shooter, but there are more factors that should be considered.

Again, it all trickles down to comfort level.