BlueLineFish

To Tavor or Not to Tavor

Aesthetics mainly... I don't like the look of the large hand guard...

Who makes the replacement?

Never mind. Just watched the video... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would think they would offer it in all colors..Doh.
As far as coating it, im not hands on familiar with cerakote but i'd imagine it would wear? Im surprised nobody else has chimed in, but ive seen nearly every coat fail... holster wear etc. eats right through most, though that could be an issue with improperly applying the finish rather than the coating itself being crappy... I dont know... just be careful. Dont want to make a good part look crappy.

I agree, I would have waited for iwi to come out with the correct color for your gun, it's gonna look like crap in no time no matter what you use to paint it. That's why all my guns are black. I have seen pics of the grip 2 tone, looks fine to me. If you decide you don't like it and want to unload it, I would buy it from you no problem, let me know.

Whelp, finally got mine. Still needs to be stripped and clean. I took my Aimpoint Pro off of one of my ARs and if the X95 sights are dialed in, the Pro is perfectly cowitnessed. That trigger is 7+lbs., youch. Now got to get to the range. :)

4af0fb25a90a8d375ecb23dc1cdbb58f.jpg

2440666f1e77728e8556ec6c2402096c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whelp, finally got mine. Still needs to be stripped and clean. I took my Aimpoint Pro off of one of my ARs and if the X95 sights are dialed in, the Pro is perfectly cowitnessed. That trigger is 7+lbs., youch. Now got to get to the range. :)

4af0fb25a90a8d375ecb23dc1cdbb58f.jpg

2440666f1e77728e8556ec6c2402096c.jpg

Yeah the trigger sucks. You should just sell it to me. I think i have like 500$ in my piggy bank, ill give it to ya for the rifle?

Yeah the trigger sucks. You should just sell it to me. I think i have like 500$ in my piggy bank, ill give it to ya for the rifle?

Boy you live in a confused fantasy world. Keep right on dreaming.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried out the Midwest Industries Gator or the Gearhead Works Razorback (full length) rail on their Tavor?

I'm looking to raise my *scope up a little (I feel like I'm squishing my face into the stock too much right now) and I'm trying to decide between these two options.

I'm leaning towards the MI model but I was hoping for some feedback before I drop the money on either one

*my current set up is a Vortex Strike Eagle on a American Defense Recon rmount

I have the same setup with the Strike Eagle and do not have that problem. You sound like you are hanging your cheek over the stock too much. As far as I know, Gear Heads rail is not ready for sale yet. I would suggest experimenting with the height a tad. (You also know, you can shoot both eyes open at 1 power, correct?)

Find yourself a rail riser. They are cheap or borrow one and see if that helps you at all.

Has anyone tried out the Midwest Industries Gator or the Gearhead Works Razorback (full length) rail on their Tavor?

I'm looking to raise my *scope up a little (I feel like I'm squishing my face into the stock too much right now) and I'm trying to decide between these two options.

I'm leaning towards the MI model but I was hoping for some feedback before I drop the money on either one

*my current set up is a Vortex Strike Eagle on a American Defense Recon rmount

Thanks - You may be right about my cheek position on the stock. I'll have to pay attention to that.

I was just looking at the MI website again and saw that they sell a $50 riser. I just ordered that to give it a try and see if it helps fix the problem (along with better positioning on the stock). I missed this somehow when I was on their site earlier

I have the same setup with the Strike Eagle and do not have that problem. You sound like you are hanging your cheek over the stock too much. As far as I know, Gear Heads rail is not ready for sale yet. I would suggest experimenting with the height a tad. (You also know, you can shoot both eyes open at 1 power, correct?)

Find yourself a rail riser. They are cheap or borrow one and see if that helps you at all.

Thanks - You may be right about my cheek position on the stock. I'll have to pay attention to that.

I was just looking at the MI website again and saw that they sell a $50 riser. I just ordered that to give it a try and see if it helps fix the problem (along with better positioning on the stock). I missed this somehow when I was on their site earlier

50 bux? You could got a cheap 4" or 6" long riser a lot cheaper. Hope you send it back if not.

Yeah - it was an impulse buy fueled by a little bit of a caffeine overdose. Fingers crossed that it solves the issue.

50 bux? You could got a cheap 4" or 6" long riser a lot cheaper. Hope you send it back if not.

The riser fixed my issue. I can now close my eyes, rest my cheek on the stock, and when I open them I've got a "perfect" sight picture through the scope reticle. It seems like all I needed was that extra 1/2" of height

That's what they all say... lmao. :preved:

The riser fixed my issue. I can now close my eyes, rest my cheek on the stock, and when I open them I've got a "perfect" sight picture through the scope reticle. It seems like all I needed was that extra 1/2" of height

• Like 1