gunforhire

FREE AR Shoot!

Sunday June 7th Belleville NJ. Our 4th First shots! This one is open to all men and women who have never shot a modern sporter rifle before (AR 15). To Register please email Jennifer at the Bullet Hole asap. [email protected] Seating is limited and it is all free.

Back from the class - it was fun! They had a good turn out for both classes - about 40 people in my earlier class, and I overheard Jen say there were about 40-45 in the second class.

Class started with a brief history of the AR by Jen and some quick legal do's and don'ts. Then Anthony took over with firearms safety, basic AR operation, stance, etc. He then fielded a handful of class questions. Overall, he did a nice job with the whole thing, with a good mixture of informative and humorous to keep everyone engaged. I never felt bored, even tho I already knew about everything that was being discussed.

Then, Anthony had everyone come up one at a time to hold the AR and learn the correct stance. After that, the first 2 groups (about 16 people I think) headed over to the range. 9 ports were being used for the class, with each port having an RSO to instruct the students. I waited about 10 minutes for my turn. The RSO (didn't catch his name) went over a proper sight picture and how to center the front post with the rear ring. He then explained how to use the various rifle controls and how to load the mags. I was the instructed to load the mags, which i did. Inserted mag - dropped bolt - got sight picture - went from safe to fire, and off I went. Overall, I did ok - was a little low and to the left, but kept all the shots in about a 3-4" group.

Only downside for me was that the particular port I was at was only doing 2 5 round mags, instead of 2 10 round mags like some other ports. But, hey, it was free so I can't complain too much :)

After that was done, headed back up to the classroom for the raffle - walked away with a cool little Smith and Wesson knife.

That's pretty much it.. I have to admit, I was surprised by some of the people who showed up. Not to sound like a chauvinist pig, but there were more woman that I expected.. but that wasn't even the part that surprised me the most - it was the fact that a few of the women were there by themselves! Good for them! And I was also surprised by how many people said they had never fired a firearm before. But everyone walked out of the range with a big smile on their face

Anyway, to summarize, I had a good time and it seemed like everyone else did as well :)

Not sure if any NJGF members were in my early class - i believe they were all scheduled for the later class.

Thanks Anthony and BulletHole!

Sounds like you had a good time as did everyone else.

Women are quickly coming into firearms ownership. Incorporating your wife or girlfriend into the fold as well as shops ditching the Old Boys Club attitude is how we will help preserve our rights.

Made it to this as well.

First off, a very big thank you to Jennifer from the Bullet Hole and Anthony of Gun for Hire for putting this together. I thanked you both in person, but wanted to do so again. I also wish I could thank again the range instructors who helped us and provided their rifles for use of all the students.

It was very heartening to see the wide range of people who attended, from 15 year olds to grandmothers. We had a bit of a wait between the end of the class and getting to shoot, but it was worth it. I was surprised how well I did with the rifle.

My girlfriend had a little more trouble (actually hit the target in the port to the left of hers) and the instructor graciously spent more time with her and let her go through 4 mags instead of the two to try and help her get over the flinching.

I know I'll be getting an AR eventually when prices come back to reality.

In the meantime, I'll be looking to patronize the bullet hole even more and I'll be taking a look at what training is available at gun-for-hire. I was impressed by both organizations today.

Women are quickly coming into firearms ownership. Incorporating your wife or girlfriend into the fold as well as shops ditching the Old Boys Club attitude is how we will help preserve our rights.

No doubt... which is why I bought my girl the digital camo pink P22 :lol: She may think I'm nuts half the time, but after going to the range with Anthony a couple weeks ago, she's been bugging me about when we're going again! Unfortunately, she couldnt attend today's event, but hopefully next time I go out she'll come along

Hello everyone!

I am beat! But it was well worth it.

Great event today, two groups of mostly new shooters and many women at our first FREE AR event and it went off perfectly. I want to thank everyone for their support and I really would like to thank everyone who helped out. All of my Certified Instructors as well as my Certified Range Safety Officers and all of the other volunteers. Our intention is to introduce new shooters to all aspects of the sport and promote the safe and responsible handling that goes with it. Today we really achieved that goal an some. Many of the people that attended were already repeat "offenders" that are becoming a part of our family (thank you all).

A special thank you to Jen at the Bullet Hole.

Be Safe

Anthony Gun For Hire

We advertised with the NSSF on their First Shots page and we spread the word through flyers as well as word of mouth and a mass email to former students inviting anyone they new who had never shot before. I also advertised here and Facebook which prompted them to disable my account!

Anthony

Anthony,

Thanks for putting on a great event! It was good seeing you again even if we didn't get a chance to chat much. Hopefully I can get the "wife" to come to the next one :)

Take Care,

Pete

We advertised with the NSSF on their First Shots page and we spread the word through flyers as well as word of mouth and a mass email to former students inviting anyone they new who had never shot before. I also advertised here and Facebook which prompted them to disable my account!

Anthony

does facebook have anti-firearms policies in effect?