tony357

NJGF lower build thread.

So i ordered strike micro stock from ar15.com it is lost in usps system local post office confirmed that sales rep would have to file lost claim and ship me another product, well they will not do that and sent me an email once it is shipped it is out of their hands. I will no longer do business with them and that was my 1st purchase from them. Had my bank do grievance on my card for refund. USPS confirmed that all their other parcels from that date were delivered except mine. Oddly enough i ordered another one Monday from optic planet that was delivered today by FedEx and was left on my neighbors porch. same product two different carriers and retailers and i had to hunt the second one down when notified of delivery. crazy.

4 hours ago, geekLa said:

Good luck with your build! I have 2 NJGF lowers. Need to allocate some time to the builds, thinking about a 6.5 Grendel for upstate NY hunting (fixed mag to avoid NY laws) and some sort of 22LR plinker.

I have a 22lr conversion kit That i purchased from Lunker some time ago i may have to give it a try. Most likely will try it out on my Bushmaster.

When installing the Bolt Catch i used a tooth pick to hold catch in and used it as a guide for the roll pin when i punched it in, that roll pin goes in from the stock side That worked real good for me as that pin is right up against the lower. Made like a third hand for me. 

Ra into an issue with strike industries m-lok free float rail and the Adams Arms gas piston conversion kit. The barrel nut for the rail does not have adequate space for gas rod bushing and spring, had to relieve the area by grinding with sand paper roll in Dremel. Aquired the correct spacing from a standard barrel nut with caliper and relieved necessary area until all parts were free and operated correctly.   

1 hour ago, XDJohnTact said:

Tony, love the look of that Blue against the Black!  Very "Striking".   Just picked up a lower from Tony at WESHOOT on Thursday and this is the result.  Very simple in .223 Wylde.

IMG_1217.jpg

Looks good. What's the out the door price on a stripped lower from we shoot.