AntZ

Reasons not to buy a Beretta CX4 Storm

I am more serious about a CX4 Storm than a GSG (i got another post in the rimfire about GSG) because it is very accurate and can be use for HD. I am also very close to get one an decided not to. I am trying to find more reasons not to get it to convince myself even more. Please add to the list to help me out.

1) For the same money ($800+), I can get the real rifle

2) and handgun ammo is now at least as expensive as 223.

3) The price is going to go down.

4) It is a short range rifle, I like to shoot a rifle at 100yds+

Here we go again. =)

Actually, I really like it. I shot wolfy's when he was at the range and it was quite awesome. the only thing once again is if you want a carbine or a rifle. the beretta is great, but at todays prices, 800+, just seems a bit steep. Once again, factor in glass, accessories, quite a bit more expensive.

I know many people on here would suggest buying a Hipoint C9? carbine, replace the stock with an ATI stock, and you have a descent looking carbine that looks like a storm, but for around $400. and yes, they are supposed to be reliable.

I'm getting one because it fills an interesting niche - fun enough to be a plinker, yet powerful enough to work for HD, uses the same ammo as my current handgun and if used for HD and a round misses, it won't drill through 2+ neighboring houses like an AR/AK round would.

Yes, I'm probably paying $300 "too much" for it, but I want one now and that's the market.

Come on now. We can do a top ten list for any gun. I really am a colector as well as a shooter. And I love this gun. If there is a gun out there that you like and the gun laws change and you can not get it then what. I know the price I paid was high. But, I got the 9MM that I wanted and I will have it forever. Not going to by another so it will pay for itself over time. I think I want an AR (i will know better tomorrow) but I knew I wanted a 9mm carbine. All that I read it is a great gun. Everyone that has one is very happy with it. As long as you are not blowing your motgage, little jimmys college fund, or food money for your family I say you only live once, have fun.

Come on now. We can do a top ten list for any gun. I really am a colector as well as a shooter. And I love this gun. If there is a gun out there that you like and the gun laws change and you can not get it then what. I know the price I paid was high. But, I got the 9MM that I wanted and I will have it forever. Not going to by another so it will pay for itself over time. I think I want an AR (i will know better tomorrow) but I knew I wanted a 9mm carbine. All that I read it is a great gun. Everyone that has one is very happy with it. As long as you are not blowing your motgage, little jimmys college fund, or food money for your family I say you only live once, have fun.

+1000

As long as you are not blowing your motgage, little jimmys college fund, or food money for your family I say you only live once, have fun.

I agree with Doc.. If you have the money I say buy one and shoot the heck out of it.

It's a sweet looking shooter 8-)

As a big Beretta fan, I own the Px4 and Cx4 that use the same magazines. This gun is a blast! Fully reversable for us lefty's, plenty of accesories to fill your wildest fantisy's, and reliable. Forget that Hi-point junk, you get what you pay for and even though my CX4 was twice the price of a Hi-point, it was well worth it.

As a big Beretta fan, I own the Px4 and Cx4 that use the same magazines. This gun is a blast! Fully reversable for us lefty's, plenty of accesories to fill your wildest fantisy's, and reliable. Forget that Hi-point junk, you get what you pay for and even though my CX4 was twice the price of a Hi-point, it was well worth it.

Hi point are now like 3 times less expensive. =)

259 at the most for hipoints, 500 is what the cx4's were, now most places are 850+

...Hi point are now like 3 times less expensive. =)

259 at the most for hipoints, 500 is what the cx4's were, now most places are 850+

I knew about the hipoint option, but what I *didn't* know about until yesterday was the Keltec 2000.

http://www.gunblast.com/Kel-Tec_Sub2000.htm

It's about half as much as the CX4 **AND YOU CAN BUY ONE SET UP FOR GLOCK MAGS**

Grrr...

Kel tec sub 2000 is NJ legal. When it folds it is incapable of firing. I have had one for a few years and it is a very accurate carbine. A lot of fun to shoot.

it really is a joy to shoot. the feedback to the shoulder is alot less than the storms.

i considered that gun but id have a hard time spending what they are asking.. as said other guns in that range.. im going to build a light AR and i bet it will cost about that much...maybe a LITTLE more.. but im getting an actual rifle.. they would be an awesome gun for less money..

The Kel-tec sub 2000 is a good rifle at a decent price, but you just can't find one anywhere, unless you want the S&W version. The Glock or Beretta version is impossible to find. Especially in 9mm.

Update: I have not got a CX storm yet. After seeing the supplies become better for almost everything, the urge to get it is decreasing.

honestly, go to the gun show this weekend. they will probly have better pricing than here... for two reasons...

more competition.... and its pa. lol.

If you wait it out they will come back down in price.

There's an old saying, "Strike while the iron is hot". If you want it, buy it, because who knows what the future holds.