Sign in to follow this  
BigBlueQ

Newbie from northern Jersey

Greetings! New to firearm ownership, but have shot in the past. Currently awaiting my new 870 and 10/22 to arrive at the FFL, who is also holding my new PX4 9mm. I know, I know, but my wife gave me the ok to get the shotgun and pistol only if I got her the .22. God, I love her.

I want to thank tgz13 for introducing me to this site, it's exactly what I needed to cut through all of the feces that the NJ legislature throws at us. I look forward to hanging out with you all!

Welcome to the forum, glad you came on over.

I love the other forum for Beretta knowledge as well as some of the cool stuff those guys come up with, but here we have a great bunch of guys who all go through the same pains of gun ownership in NJ. Plus we have mini range visits in different parts of the state. A bunch of members here in Middlesex and Momouth Counties meet up at Brick Armory for indoor shooting and Fort Dix for outdoor.

I know there are members who live up in your area who have also gotten together to do some shooting, just can't recall who it was.

Tom

Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome! This site is great, and I want you all to be the first to know that I just picked up my PX4 F 9mm. Wow, what a sweet looking and feeling pistol! To borrow a phrase from back in my Jagermeister days: "So smooth!" I had it transfered to Bate's in N. Haledon, and let me tell you that as a newbie, I couldn't have had a better introduction to handgun purchasing. Gary there is good people, very patient, and a fountain of knowledge. After walking out of the store I no longer had the feeling that I was doing something illegal, and I was able to stop looking over my shoulder for "The Man!" ha,ha,ha

I guess from now on I'll be posting in the handgun owner section, see you there!

Thanks to all of you for making me feel welcome! This site is great, and I want you all to be the first to know that I just picked up my PX4 F 9mm. Wow, what a sweet looking and feeling pistol! To borrow a phrase from back in my Jagermeister days: "So smooth!" I had it transfered to Bate's in N. Haledon, and let me tell you that as a newbie, I couldn't have had a better introduction to handgun purchasing. Gary there is good people, very patient, and a fountain of knowledge. After walking out of the store I no longer had the feeling that I was doing something illegal, and I was able to stop looking over my shoulder for "The Man!" ha,ha,ha

I guess from now on I'll be posting in the handgun owner section, see you there!

You can post anywhere you want.... including the hot new politics section. :lol:

You can post anywhere you want.... including the hot new politics section. :lol:

To much political mumbo jumbo, not enough firearm talk lately :D

that was just last week with the elections. now back to normal. But hey, you got your post count up.

[

that was just last week with the elections. now back to normal. But hey, you got your post count up.

What's post count have to do with anything? I actually like sites that have no counts at all, there is no knowledge or experience that comes from how many posts you can make. On a side note lately I read more then I post b/c I have nothing of quality to add.

Welcome from Hackensack, Always down for a range visit anywhere in the area.

I have a bunch of tools, the wife is ok with it, so the collection grows.

I will try to put something together for us North Jerz folks...

Welcome from the jersey shore. If the PX-4 action is anything like the CX-4 I have, you will love it! I also have a sweet K10/22 Target that is an absolute tack driver. I did a volks trigger kit, extended mag release and the Auto Hold Mod and it is a thing of beauty to shoot.

guns-foresome.jpg

Older picture, the M&P has been replaced with a Springfield XD-9 Tactical.

Welcome from the jersey shore. If the PX-4 action is anything like the CX-4 I have, you will love it! I also have a sweet K10/22 Target that is an absolute tack driver. I did a volks trigger kit, extended mag release and the Auto Hold Mod and it is a thing of beauty to shoot.

http://www.gscrewzers.com/guns-foresome.jpg

Older picture, the M&P has been replaced with a Springfield XD-9 Tactical.

Nice! On the 10/22.. did you do the auto bolt release (Just pull back and let go).. or the bolt hold open kit? (Bolt locks open on the last shot?)..