Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Dick's Sporting Goods changed their requirements?

I went to Dick's at Woodbridge today to get some bulk reloads in 9, 40 or 45. I think its called "UltraMax"? Well, anyway they had one box of 40 and 45 left for 70 bucks so I took the 40, since there was 225 rounds aposed to the 150 of 45. I went to the counter with license in hand when the guy asked me for my FID card. I asked when they changed their policy and he said last April. So there goes that Idea. I never carry my card for fear of losing it and waiting another 6 months to get it back. But that really bothered me, it's not even a state law that you need a FID card to purchase ammo but they changed their policy for what? I really am starting to hate this state.

Its not dicks its the law...

SENATE No. 2470

with Senate Floor Amendments

(Proposed By Senator TURNER )

ADOPTED: JANUARY 3, 2008

Senate Bill 2470 (1R) regulates the sale of handgun ammunition.

Under the provisions of the bill, it is unlawful to sell or transfer

handgun ammunition to another person unless that person is a licensed

manufacturer, wholesaler or dealer, or is the holder of a valid firearms

purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a

handgun or a valid permit to carry a handgun.

The bill does, however, permit ammunition to be transferred to

individuals who are not licensed or the holders of firearms

identification cards or permits to purchase or carry a handgun for use

in firearms that have been lawfully transferred to that individual for

target practice, trap or skeet shooting or firing range competition or

instruction.

This Senate amendment clarifies that the provisions of this bill are

not to be construed to prohibit the sale of a de minimis amount of

handgun ammunition at a lawfully operated firing range for immediate

use at that range.

THE LAW:

2C:58-3.3 "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.

1. a. As used in this act, "handgun ammunition" means ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun. "Handgun ammunition" shall not include blank ammunition, air gun pellets, flare gun ammunition, nail gun ammunition, paint ball ammunition, or any non-fixed ammunition.

b.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

c.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of handgun ammunition to a person who is under 21 years of age.

d.The provisions of this section shall not apply to a collector of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics who purchases, receives, acquires, possesses, or transfers handgun ammunition which is recognized as being historical in nature or of historical significance.

e.A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a crime of the fourth degree, except that nothing contained herein shall be construed to prohibit the sale, transfer, assignment or disposition of handgun ammunition to or the purchase, receipt or acceptance of ammunition by a law enforcement agency or law enforcement official for law enforcement purposes.

f.Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of ammunition for use in a lawfully transferred firearm in accordance with the provisions of section 1 of P.L.1992, c.74 (C.2C:58-3.1), section 1 of P.L.1997, c.375 (C.2C:58-3.2) or section 14 of P.L.1979, c.179 (C.2C:58-6.1).

g.Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the sale of a de minimis amount of handgun ammunition at a firearms range operated by a licensed dealer; a law enforcement agency; a legally recognized military organization; or a rifle or pistol club which has filed a copy of its charter with the superintendent for immediate use at that range.

I understand now, but I went all the way down there and had to drive all the way back empty handed. Anyway, that was a good deal on the 40. 225 rounds for 70 bucks, the 45 was the same price but with 75 less rounds.

I understand now, but I went all the way down there and had to drive all the way back empty handed. Anyway, that was a good deal on the 40. 225 rounds for 70 bucks, the 45 was the same price but with 75 less rounds.

Call around and get it in PA or De where they do not log ammo purchases! I find it total BS that they log every single piece of ammo I buy....this is one step away from "ammo audits"...

The Burlington store doesn't require it for shotgun shells; only handgun ammo, which they say includes .22. I work in Burlington City and there's a PA Walmart 5 minutes across the Burlington - Bristol Bridge. It simplifies things and it's only a $2 toll.