Melgamatic

New Jersey Senate to Vote on One-Gun-A-Month Tomorrow

Try this: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/

Click on "Senate Session" a little down the page under the section "Legistlative Schedule".

From there you can see all of the bills they're going to vote on today. It turns out that the individual bill pages are updated instantly (I'm watching the session live now) so you can just refer to the page for the bill directly to see if it has passed (it's bill A339).

--FCOD

The NRA has long since written NJ off as a lost cause.
+1

All of my hope went down the toilet when Lonegan lost.

--FCOD

I have to agree as well.

I wish ANJRPC was more active politically to fill in the gap, but their website is rarely updated, and Scott's blog posts are too far and between.

Let us all know how that third option of yours works out for you. How about just sticking to the first two suggestions.

take note of all the sponsors and make sure to let them know how you feel with a phone call, a letter or even just spit on them when you see them on the street.

no movement on this one as of yet...lets see what happens...I know for a fact that my state senator was bombarded by calls and emails on this one, so they may leave it alone to see how far they can get before we all flip out...thats what it feels like to me...

God forbid we have the 3rd death for tonight, gun rights in NJ, you will call your local pd tomorrow to get 20 more pistol permits. hehe.

We should all do that just to make them fill out the paperwork - Oh wait, our tax money pays the people who sit on their tushes and take 6 months to complete a task that is supposed to be guaranteed complete within 30 days.

Let's do it anyway....make it 50.......Listening to the budget run down just makes me think we will be California in a year or two and that our legislators waste all of our tax money anyway so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Citizen - I'll take 50 permits please.

Clerk - But you can only use one per month and extend the others for 90 days so at most, so 6 is all you need. You can't use any more.

Citizen - Actually, there is no law restricting the amount of permits I can request, and although only 6 will be used to purchase handguns, I feel that my taxes are so high, I can easily justify saving money on TP with the other 44. After all, they are 4-ply.

:evil:

I really dont think they are going to touch it...they want to go home....and they got bombarded w phone calls and emails over the last few days on this one...

I heard someone called a state senator on his cell phone to voice his opposition, of course he picked up and said he was busy, but he heard the opposition in his ear, direct from the people...