Sign in to follow this  
rscalzo

Couldn't Just Give Him The Finger?

Police: Road Rage Caused Man To Pull Gun On DriverEPPING, N.H. (AP) ?

An Epping man was jailed after an allegedly pulling a loaded handgun on a driver who cut him off.

Timothy Gringas was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail after the incident Friday afternoon in Epping.

Rockingham County Sheriff's Department Capt. Al Brackett said a driver cut off Gringas while pulling out of a Burger King restaurant at about 3:15 p.m.

He said the 29-year-old Gringas sped in front of the driver, parked in front of him in the middle of the road, and jumped on the hood.

Brackett said Gringas then allegedly aimed a loaded handgun at the driver.

A sheriff's deputy who was nearby intervened.

Gringas faces charges including reckless conduct involving a firearm at his arraignment, scheduled for Monday.

Stupid thing to do,yes

but, how many of us have wanted to do something similar to the New Yorker who cuts you off and then gives you the finger. Even if it is ripping them out of their car and smacking their head on their fender. Common sense and a healthy fear of Bubba keeps us from doing it, but it would be fun. Something to make them think they are not the only people on the road. they will think twice the next time.

you know it's always the wrong person that gets punished....that prick that cut him..... i hope he choked on his fries,......he created this situation and now a person that was minding his own business wast caused such grief that he flipped and now will pay the price......

you know it's always the wrong person that gets punished....that prick that cut him..... i hope he choked on his fries,......he created this situation and now a person that was minding his own business wast caused such grief that he flipped and now will pay the price......

I don't know if I agree with that. Yea, it was very impolite and possibly very dangerous what the initial person did when cutting the other person off. However, for the person to totally escalate the situation to where he pulls a roadblock move, and points a loaded gun at the inconsiderate driver? The punishment will fit the crime, and the inconsiderate driver should receive a summons... and the person who, some people may argue had a lapse in judgment (which I disagree with... if you make the conscious decision to grab a gun, or a tire iron, or a brick, or whatever to use in a threatening manner, you know what you're doing), pulled the gun will get his.

if it was up to me this a-hole would be spending the next 10 years(8 with good behavior) behind bars for threatening someone with a firearm. I am all for that every single person should be able to freely buy guns until they do something stupid like this then you slam them to the wall and revoke the right. Just like you are able to say whatever you want until you say something stupid like "I'm going to kill the Pre..." then you go to jail for abusing your right.

you know it's always the wrong person that gets punished....that prick that cut him

As it is obvious that you have no idea what you are talking about. The driver had at least a hundred yards to see the driver attempting to pull out of the driveway. As it is an area of the roadway where two lanes merge into one, drivers just have to speed up to beat the other driver. The speed limit is 35 mph so no one was in jeopardy. The driver was an as*hole and will pay for it with free room and board in the Rockingham county Jail facility. This wasn't a he said/she said but stupidly committed not only in front of numerous witnesses but two County Sheriffs. He doesn't stand a chance.

I have no use for an idiot that takes a minor incident and elevates it up to this level. All he managed to do was create calls for stricter firearm's licensing in the state.

yeah, i think no matter, even if they did get into an accident, it gives him no right to draw his firearm..... as firearms 101, you have the right to use it in self defense. Unless the guy is purposely trying to kill you with his car, the douche who drew took it way to the extreme and should be punished.

there is a big difference between wishing something, and actually doing it.

here is one more to think about....

lets say you are the guy that cut him off..... you do accidently, the guy passes you, blocks you, gets out of the car and draws on you.....

you yourself have a CCW, do you draw back and kill the guy?

the whole point is, just because you have a gun, doesnt mean you should use it.

yeah, i think no matter, even if they did get into an accident, it gives him no right to draw his firearm..... as firearms 101, you have the right to use it in self defense. Unless the guy is purposely trying to kill you with his car, the douche who drew took it way to the extreme and should be punished.

there is a big difference between wishing something, and actually doing it.

here is one more to think about....

lets say you are the guy that cut him off..... you do accidently, the guy passes you, blocks you, gets out of the car and draws on you.....

you yourself have a CCW, do you draw back and kill the guy?

the whole point is, just because you have a gun, doesnt mean you should use it.

as a holder of a CCW I think of all different scenarios that I may have to draw my gun. The one where you already have a gun drawn on you are the toughest. Drawing your gun is a last chance move in my books, not a "I might need this" sort of thing. Having a gun pointed at you seems like one of those scenarios, but it is also it is, depending on the situation, already to late.

Now if the guy just points a gun at me and yells I would not go to draw my gun right away, that would just increase the chances of him actually pulling the trigger. As soon as his gun is off me though I am drawing or if he looks away for even a second I would draw(I'm a pretty quick draw ;) ) It is easy for some to say what they would and wouldn't do, but it really comes down to the specifications of the situation.

I have no use for an idiot that takes a minor incident and elevates it up to this level. All he managed to do was create calls for stricter firearm's licensing in the state.

+100 ...in any state

+100. accidents & stupid drivers happen 24/7. No cause for drawing his firearm in a self defense situation. Lets say the driver moved a few inches or a few feet..and the moron fired.2 lives ruined.

Its a BIG responsibility to have a CCW(did he even have a CCW?)

Not everybody should own a firearm. That guy should do jail time for his STUPIDITY. Just more reason for the anti gun people to create a commotion.

actually Denver's attempt to supersede state law is not legal and while you may get hassled by the law there you would in fact win over all. Open carry is legal in Colorado. Denver passed a law outlawing it which the state law allows, but the state law also started that signage has to be posted to say that guns were not allowed. I haven't seen signage in Denver saying I can't. i know a few people that have been hassled, but not arrested for carrying a gun in their car around Denver.

I kinda want to strap on my open carry holster and walk around downtown Denver until some uniformed cop arrests me then I could sue the city for lots of money for wrongfully detaining me. Denver ain't New Jersey we actually follow the rules on the books, so this discrepancy will be fixed one way or another and I find it hard to believe that Denver is going to force the rest of the state to get rid of open carry.

I kinda want to strap on my open carry holster and walk around downtown Denver until some uniformed cop arrests me then I could sue the city for lots of money for wrongfully detaining me.

You do realize that a detainment and an arrest are not the same. We had a certain group up here that tries that ploy. They not only constantly fail, they have turned the public opinion against they organization for the most part.