Sign in to follow this  
matt6669

What to do with old ammunition

Ok, does anyone know what I can do with some very old shotgun ammunition. I have about 3 spackle buckets full of loaded shotgun shells from back in the day when my father use to reload. I am talking about atleast 24 years old ammo here. Does anyone know if I can take it to my local pd to hand over or what??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Ok, does anyone know what I can do with some very old shotgun ammunition. I have about 3 spackle buckets full of loaded shotgun shells from back in the day when my father use to reload. I am talking about atleast 24 years old ammo here. Does anyone know if I can take it to my local pd to hand over or what??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

I had the same issue with old 9mm rounds. The rounds were in really bad shape so I put them in some left-over Independence boxes I had and dumped them at the local range. They make money on your brass, copper, and lead so let them eat that stuff.

Yikes, I'm not sure you want to shoot these thing. A lot of them are OLD paper cases that have been in my basement for 24 years atleast. They have gone through a moisture cycle like you would not believe. Anyone who wants them can have them! I'll even take a picture for you this weekend, then you can decide :)

I wouldn't risk a gun blowing up in my face to shoot 24 year old ammo. Not worth it, no matter how expensive ammo gets. Corrosion can do funny things to ammo.

That's why I didn't shoot that crappy 9mm stuff. Bring it to the range and dump it in their buckets.

you can have em! Any chance you'll be at Cherry Ridge in the near future? I'm not sure if your a member there or not I can't remember but you did say you have some .40 casings too right, we could swap same day?