Maksim:

Heh, to be honest I'm not a fan of the german luger look which is why I stray away from the Buckmark and Rugers. I believe everyone when they say they're deadly accurate, but the design on those really throw me off as they don't match my tastes. And the NEOS, well if i wanted a Nintendo Zapper I would buy a Nintendo Zapper. :lol:

The P22 and Mosquito are more my tastes, but from the reviews I've seen and the stories I've heard from my friends the Mosquito seems to be the more reliable choice of the two.

As for the S&W 22a, I'm neither for nor against it.

They may have improved the feed ramp angle, but my friend had an early mosquito and it was a jam-o-matic. :o I looked at a used one when I was buying my Ruger and the guy behind the counter would not even let me hold it He said it was a piece of junk. As long as i have been dealing with him, his advice has been dead on so I trusted his judgment and steered clear.

They may have improved the feed ramp angle, but my friend had an early mosquito and it was a jam-o-matic. :o I looked at a used one when I was buying my Ruger and the guy behind the counter would not even let me hold it He said it was a piece of junk. As long as i have been dealing with him, his advice has been dead on so I trusted his judgment and steered clear.

Heh like I said Sig fixed the feeding problem but they're still picky about the brand of ammo too. Everyone, Sig included, recommend CCI Mini-Mags for it. Majority of the jamming from the research I've done comes from using cheap low grade bulk ammo and ammo that isn't copper coated (I think that's the coating anyway) before the break-in is done. After that it jams less often with cheap bulk, but the work around to make it not jam at all with the low grade ammo is to keep the oil wet so everything slides easier.

I know both the P22 and the Mosquito are temperamental and their first gens have created bad reputations for them. But tell ya what, I'm not unreasonable and with something like this I'll take people's advice, but if anyone has a P22, Mosquito, and/or Ruger Mk3 22/45 that can let me compare I'll gladly give you whatever it costs for a box of 22lr's in order to test fire them.

shoot them all, but trust the opinions... if many people, including owners say it is junk.... it probly is. fanboys, er benchracers talk as much as they can when they dont own them, but owners will tell you the story.

how much is the mosquito anyway?

the one I really really love... is the 22a with the bull barrel and high viz sights. Saw njpilot's today and was very very nice.

shoot them all, but trust the opinions... if many people, including owners say it is junk.... it probly is. fanboys, er benchracers talk as much as they can when they dont own them, but owners will tell you the story.

how much is the mosquito anyway?

the one I really really love... is the 22a with the bull barrel and high viz sights. Saw njpilot's today and was very very nice.

The Mosquito's base price is around $330. The Sport model (5" barrel) I'm looking at goes for $380. Keep in mind this isn't MSRP (MSRP is $390 for the basic), these are the prices I'm seeing all over that vendors are quoting me for.

Also the reviews I saw were from owners. They all agreed that it was junk till they talked to Sig and started using the CCI Mini-Mags by suggestion. The early models needed to get retuned by Sig, but that's pretty much it. The gun is just extremely picky about ammo. While that might be a pain, I think its a livable one so long as there isn't a shortage of specific brands.

but if anyone has a P22, Mosquito, and/or Ruger Mk3 22/45 that can let me compare I'll gladly give you whatever it costs for a box of 22lr's in order to test fire them.

If the weather holds and the skies don't open up, I'll be at Cherry Ridge tomorrow (Sunday) with the P22. Come on by and indulge yourself.

but if anyone has a P22, Mosquito, and/or Ruger Mk3 22/45 that can let me compare I'll gladly give you whatever it costs for a box of 22lr's in order to test fire them.

If the weather holds and the skies don't open up, I'll be at Cherry Ridge tomorrow (Sunday) with the P22. Come on by and indulge yourself.

Can the sights on the P22 be replaced? That is the only reason for me being hesitant about purchasing one. I'm curious if they can be removed like a Glock's can.

Wow... just wow... a few weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from the local PD I applied at saying my first reference's address was wrong and to call in. Apparently according the post office the address I gave didn't exist. I double checked everything and even pulled up the address on google maps to triple check. Everything was right and I told them this. So they resend it, my reference sends me a text telling me he got it and sent it in. Now yesterday I get another letter with them claiming the address is incorrect for my 2nd reference. I guess they decided to send one after they received the other instead of both out at the same time. I made one little tweak to the address just in case that was the issue (specified the letter being an apartment), but the clerk tried claiming the zip code was wrong when I had doubled checked that and I was correct the first time.

Anyone get a run around like this before? Seems almost like they're purposely trying to delay me to see how badly I want this.

Can the sights on the P22 be replaced? That is the only reason for me being hesitant about purchasing one. I'm curious if they can be removed like a Glock's can.

I know the fronts can. The gun comes with a couple of replacement fronts (taller/shorter) but I'm not sure about the rears. I'll check when I get home.

K