Guest Damagedworld

M&P15 So Far (along with other firearms)..

picked up a S&W mp15...

just started to mess with it..

15rd p-mags

Ace ARFX Entry Stock

Daniel Defense Omega Hand Guard

Tapco Front Vertical Grip

Aimpoint Comp M3 2MOA Reflex Sight (NVC)

dsc0091s.jpg

dsc0035lhq.jpg

dsc0022scf.jpg

dsc0026n.jpg

Glock 23

Glock Laser Light Combination

dsc0108h.jpg

Mossberg 12gauge

dsc0121m.jpg

Saiga 7.62 X 39

ACE Stock (US Made)

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip (US Made)

ACE Internal Block (US Made)

Tapco FCG (US Made)

Surefire 15 Round Magazines (US Made) (NJ Limit)

Ultimak Gas Tube (US Made)

Ultimak Tri Rail (US Made)

Ultimak Rail covers (US Made)

Aimpoint Comp M3 2MOA Reflex Sight (NVC) (US Made)

Aimpoint 30mm Picantinny Ring (US Made)

ultimakace1lp9.jpg

ultimakace3es9.jpg

ultimakace4uc3.jpg

Saiga 223

Kvar Stock (US Made)

Tapco FCG (US Made)

Tapco Saw Pistol Grip (US Made)

Tapco Hand Guard (with covered rail) (US Made)

Dinzag Lower Hand Guard Retainer (US Made)

AK Gas Tube

kvar1hr7.jpg

All the weapons picture are legally owned and registered and comply with both state and federal firearms regulations... The 20 round magazine is pinned to 15....

Nice setups. Can you see out of the aimpoint mounted that low on the AR?

yes but i know i wont be able to keep that once i settle on iron sights due to wanting co-witness...

still have not decided on a BUIS optics mount combo..

Very nice guns (and pics!). I've gotta admit, I was never a huge fan of the ACE stocks, but the more I see them, the more they're growing on me. I particularly like how you wrapped the upper portion in paracord!

I know a lot of this is personal preference, but isn't that VFG on the M&P a little too far back? Seems like it might get in the way of a quick reload

yeah the foam tube cover the ACE stock comes with sucks.. it is simply too high.. the para cord sits just high enough.. as far as the VPG being too far back.. to be honest the rifle balances pretty well and is VERY light compared to the AK so i actually like it far back like that.. realistically i could just hold the magwell but eh i dont know.. i want a shorter VPG.... it does not interfere with reloads as the mags are really straight and just drop straight out..

Very nice rifles all around. I'm considering an ACE stock (shorty version) myself because I have shorter arms, and find that it'd probably be more comfortable. The ACE stocks are also pretty cheap and come with that handy sling swivel.

Very nice rifles all around. I'm considering an ACE stock (shorty version) myself because I have shorter arms, and find that it'd probably be more comfortable. The ACE stocks are also pretty cheap and come with that handy sling swivel.

i like mine.. i have the 1inch pad on there because im taller.. but i like its nice tight design..

Just wanted to ask about something else on your rifle. Is that the 7'' DD Omega Rail? I'm assuming so, but I just wanted to make sure so I can have a verified point of reference once I start shopping around for mine (considering we both have the same rifle model ;) ). Thanks ahead of time, Damage

Just wanted to ask about something else on your rifle. Is that the 7'' DD Omega Rail? I'm assuming so, but I just wanted to make sure so I can have a verified point of reference once I start shopping around for mine (considering we both have the same rifle model ;) ). Thanks ahead of time, Damage

it is the carbine length one.. i can check the receipt when i get home.. ;)

did you do the conversion on the saiga? if so where did you find the kit.

I converted them..

there is no kit.. i picked the parts i wanted based on application.. if you have any specific questions id be more than happy to answer them.. alternately i have had people pay me to convert theirs in the situations they have felt that it was too much work... they are both NJ legal.. ;)

7" is the carbine length. I just got rid of mine.

I have the same model as Damagedworld, and it is the SW M&P15 ORC (Optics Ready Compliant). The official factsheet can be found here:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=70947&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33803&isFirearm=Y

I would recommend using the firearm purchasing quote tool to reach out to the vendors on the forum. They all have very nice and fair prices, and are speedy in responding (I received emails and a phone call from all the vendors within 24 hours when I used it to get my MP15). Generally, I've seen the rifle range in price from 850-950$.

Which model of the M&P15 did you get? Also did you get it in NJ? I am shopping for one right now. Seems like Buds has the best prices so far.

I have one in the Marketplace section right now, less than 100 rounds from new. PM me an offer....

I have the same model as Damagedworld, and it is the SW M&P15 ORC (Optics Ready Compliant). The official factsheet can be found here:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=11101&storeId=10001&productId=70947&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=33803&isFirearm=Y

I would recommend using the firearm purchasing quote tool to reach out to the vendors on the forum. They all have very nice and fair prices, and are speedy in responding (I received emails and a phone call from all the vendors within 24 hours when I used it to get my MP15). Generally, I've seen the rifle range in price from 850-950$.

those are all very good prices.

I have one in the Marketplace section right now, less than 100 rounds from new. PM me an offer....

The rifle that Mel has up is a pretty good deal. Unlike the MP15 ORC (the one that Damaged and myself have), Mel's rifle already comes with a free-floated barrel (the FF handguard that Damaged has on his, the Daniel Defense Omega, is around $250). Mel's also already comes with the Troy BUIS as well, which retail for around $300 total for the front and rear. If I had the extra money right now, I'd add another AR to my collection! Good luck with your search, rest assured there are plenty of options out there for ARs-- especially with the prices going back down now :D

Yeah I am noticing prices have come down allot since the beginning of the year. Seems like you can pick up a good AR to start with for about $900-$1000 and then add upgrades from there.

Does anyone know of any dealers in NJ that will make an AR NJ compliant if its transferred via FFL?

Thanks

I personally don't know of any, altho I'm sure they're out there. The bigger problem with that is getting the sending FFL to send it to your NJ FFL in a ban configuration. That is largely why I had all the de-banning done out of state before it was sent to my local guy.