dman2112

Current “Stay” and BYOB restaurants

Does anyone know what the deal is with the current stay removing the ability of carrying in establishments that “…serve alcohol” and a restaurant that is a byob?  Let’s say I go out to dinner with my wife to a byob and I do not drink, but she does with a bottle of wine she brought with her?  Is that kosher?

44 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with the current stay removing the ability of carrying in establishments that “…serve alcohol” and a restaurant that is a byob?  Let’s say I go out to dinner with my wife to a byob and I do not drink, but she does with a bottle of wine she brought with her?  Is that kosher?

Yes they are not serving alcohol your wife is.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, dman2112 said:

Any responses sans snark?

That was a 0.0 on the snark scale.  
There is no definitive ruling because the law is vague and up for interpretation.  I agree with brucin’s but… the AG may not should the case come up.  

4 hours ago, dman2112 said:

Let’s say I go out to dinner with my wife to a byob and I do not drink, but she does with a bottle of wine she brought with her?  Is that kosher?

Read the label on the bottle; it will tell you if it's kosher or not.

(I figured it was time for some actual snark to appear in this thread)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

If the establishment is BYOB, they do not have a liquor license, so they do not sell or serve liquor for consumption.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this.

The law says carry is prohibited in establishments that "serve" alcohol, not where it is consumed, so a BYO would seem to be OK. OTOH, Nappen, who tends to be very cautious in his recommendations, has advised against it, saying that no one wants to be a test case. 

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

The law says carry is prohibited in establishments that "serve" alcohol, not where it is consumed, so a BYO would seem to be OK. OTOH, Nappen, who tends to be very cautious in his recommendations, has advised against it, saying that no one wants to be a test case. 

Nappen also said a loaded mag is a loaded gun.  "very cautious" right..  Just go enjoy yourself at a BYOB.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1