silverado427

Stump grinding

It'll depend mostly on the diameter of the stumps, and a little on how accessible they are, and if you want the chips left in place, or removed.  It's been awhile since I've had any done, and like Griz said, the quotes were generally folded into the cost of removing the trees.   It has been a lot of years since I've had a service out just to grind stumps.   It wasn't inexpensive...

If they leave the chips, check under them...I had one crew leave the stumps slightly above ground level, hidden under the huge pile of chips.   I had to call them back to finish the job.   If you want to plant grass over the stumps, you'll have to specify that you want them ground down at least 4 inches below ground level.

• Informative 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:12 AM, 10X said:

It'll depend mostly on the diameter of the stumps, and a little on how accessible they are, and if you want the chips left in place, or removed.  It's been awhile since I've had any done, and like Griz said, the quotes were generally folded into the cost of removing the trees.   It has been a lot of years since I've had a service out just to grind stumps.   It wasn't inexpensive...

If they leave the chips, check under them...I had one crew leave the stumps slightly above ground level, hidden under the huge pile of chips.   I had to call them back to finish the job.   If you want to plant grass over the stumps, you'll have to specify that you want them ground down at least 4 inches below ground level.

Agree with 10x. Leaving chips and 2 approximately 24” stumps.  Around 225-250$. 
Removing grindings.  Adding soil and seed. About double that price 

• Informative 1

On 7/3/2023 at 7:12 AM, 10X said:

THIS^^^^^

I've seen this plenty. Tell who ever is quoting you to make sure they grind the stumps as low as possible and significantly below the grade of the lawn around the stump so you can grade the area out properly when the stump is gone

• Informative 1