Dr. Goodshot

Do the cops interview your friends?

I seem to remember that there was talk that some police departments might want to actually call or meet with the people you put down as references for your carry application. Is this a thing that is happening? Have any of your references actually been questioned by the investigating cop, either by phone or in person?
There was also talk that they could ask to look at your social media accounts. Is that a thing? Or is that part of what's been struck down? It's really hard to keep track of what part of the law is in force and what isn't.

My town (Piscataway) contacted my references before the changes I want to say that was around October/November last year before they forwarded my application to the court.  I will post back if I get contacted for a buddy I just signed for last week is in Bound Brook.

6 hours ago, Dr. Goodshot said:

I seem to remember that there was talk that some police departments might want to actually call or meet with the people you put down as references for your carry application. Is this a thing that is happening? Have any of your references actually been questioned by the investigating cop, either by phone or in person?
There was also talk that they could ask to look at your social media accounts. Is that a thing? Or is that part of what's been struck down? It's really hard to keep track of what part of the law is in force and what isn't.

my references were only contacted by email. this was early december 2022