45Doll

15 State AGs to Biden: Ban Sale Of 5.56 To Civilians

Honestly the scariest part of this is that this is really just Latitia James trying to get notoriety in order to get appointed to a much higher position.  Imagine her in a higher position of authority and the abuse of power that will entail.  

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

didn't click the link.

if they ban the sale of this to civilians, that would mean that they can't sell it to the police either. after all they're also civilians.

They'll have a special carve-out like they do with other shit.

4 hours ago, PK90 said:

And, it is almost 25 times the size of .223. Scary. :diablo:

if 9mm will blow a lung out, as per Fuehrer Biden, 223 must blow your whole spinal column out and 556 must disintegrate a body. No one needs these weapons of war and mass destruction, except Ukraine, since Russia shoots washing machines which are 990 MM according to my calculations. Don't forget to mail in vote early and often and wear 34 masks.

PS love lives here.

PSS oh wait the cartels might need these weapons too because Holder wants to see if they kill people in America or something like that so we can ban guns for citizens because mexican cartels used them, totally make sense.

• Like 1

Hmmm, 2A was made so that militias could be called up of regular citizens using their own arms as supplementary to the standing army and the militia was expected to have ammunition for their arms. In other words, the arms and ammunition were expected to be at a similar level to the army. 

And for all the idiots that think the 1903 Militia act made the National Guard the militia, I submit:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

"10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes

(a)The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are—

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia."

Note number 2 in the classes of the militia, that is the rest of us, designated separately from the National Guard or Naval Militia. So even today as of the current law, the body of the citizenry are still considered to be part of the militia by that same government that tries to act like we are not.

JMHO
-Jim

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Ferris said:

if 9mm will blow a lung out, as per Fuehrer Biden, 223 must blow your whole spinal column out and 556 must disintegrate a body.

I just saw some blurb about one of the morons on "The View" who said that you shouldn't be allowed to use an AR to hunt because there is no deer left after you shoot it.  

Can't make this stuff up.

• Crazy 1
  • FacePalm 1

he makes a good point......they may have shot themselves in the food doing this.......

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

Since we brought up the 'militia', they've got a bill for that.

Democrats Propose Controversial Bill to Crack Down on Private Militias – RedState

aren't militias constitutionally protected?

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

aren't militias constitutionally protected?

Not only that, but as @JimB1 noted above, they're defined in U.S. Code. Which I presume gun controllers either don't read or ignore.

4 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Since we brought up the 'militia', they've got a bill for that.

Democrats Propose Controversial Bill to Crack Down on Private Militias – RedState

A bill cannot override an amendment to the Constitution, no matter how much they want it to. The rules on how to amend the constitution are very clear.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:47 AM, ESB said:

Honestly the scariest part of this is that this is really just Latitia James trying to get notoriety in order to get appointed to a much higher position.  Imagine her in a higher position of authority and the abuse of power that will entail.  

Think Merrick Garland with a deep tan, in drag.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:31 PM, JimB1 said:

A bill cannot override an amendment to the Constitution, no matter how much they want it to. The rules on how to amend the constitution are very clear.

Bills can and do, all the time. There are a shit-ton of bills that override/violate the Constitution that were passed and are are currently enforced. Judicial review is the end-game solution, but that is very slow, and is becoming more subject to political influence all the time. Fundamental change of some kind is desperately needed, before it is too late.

2 minutes ago, Grima Squeakersen said:

Bills can and do, all the time. There are a shit-ton of bills that override/violate the Constitution that were passed and are are currently enforced. Judicial review is the end-game solution, but that is very slow, and is becoming more subject to political influence all the time. Fundamental change of some kind is desperately needed, before it is too late.

Legally they cannot, though you are correct that they often act as if they do which is one of the reasons why the federal courts exist... to determine when a law is in conflict with the constitution. If they want to actually change the constitution, the rules are very clear on how that is done.

7 hours ago, JimB1 said:

Legally they cannot, though you are correct that they often act as if they do which is one of the reasons why the federal courts exist... to determine when a law is in conflict with the constitution. If they want to actually change the constitution, the rules are very clear on how that is done.

You are correct about the legality and the process. However, when >90% (my estimate, don't ask me for a list :-) of the breeches of our constitution go unchallenged, that reality demands recognition as the existing state of affairs. Something needs to be done that fetters both the adminstrative state and the idiotic, self-perpetuating legislature, simultaneously.

• Agree 1

Okay, a bill in Congress is a proposal.  Nothing else. One can introduce a bill to suspend the COTUS. A bill.is meaningless until it is passed by both houses and signed by POTUS.  Then it is a law.  Then it means something.

If a law were passed forbidding Lake City ammo production to civilians (and it won't be for the time being) that does not infringe on your 2A rights.  You still can get 5.56 elsewhere.

Laws do "infringe" on Constitutional Rights at times for good reason.

• Agree 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:58 PM, GRIZ said:

Okay, a bill in Congress is a proposal.  Nothing else. One can introduce a bill to suspend the COTUS. A bill.is meaningless until it is passed by both houses and signed by POTUS.  Then it is a law.  Then it means something.

If a law were passed forbidding Lake City ammo production to civilians (and it won't be for the time being) that does not infringe on your 2A rights.  You still can get 5.56 elsewhere.

Laws do "infringe" on Constitutional Rights at times for good reason.

Are you one otf the "Constitution of Convenience" people? The ones who cite the Constitution when it supports their preferred position, but stand ready to abondon it the first moment it does not? Or perhaps you are just an out-and-out authoritarian who regards power as justification in its own right, and the Constitution nothing but an historical curiosity?

On 1/31/2024 at 9:03 PM, Grima Squeakersen said:

Are you one otf the "Constitution of Convenience" people? The ones who cite the Constitution when it supports their preferred position, but stand ready to abondon it the first moment it does not? Or perhaps you are just an out-and-out authoritarian who regards power as justification in its own right, and the Constitution nothing but an historical curiosity?

You are seriously misunderstanding me. I'm far from a Constitution of Convenience person.  I don't have an idea how you arrived at that possibility. I might believe more in the COTUS than you seem to think you do.  Paraphrasing Scalia said the COTUS says a lot of things. Scalia also said there are a lot of things the COTUS doesn't say.

Out and out authoritarian?  What did I say to make you come to that conclusion?

The first paragraph in my post is a fact.  A fact that is written into.the COTUS.  Do you believe in that process?

You mention judicial review in another post in this thread?  That is written into the COTUS also.  Do you believe in that?  Yes, many times courts rule in a manner I don't care for but I'm a big boy and learn to live with it or find a way around it.  I'm not going to go around whining.  That accomplishes nothing.

There are many laws that one might say are "contrary" to the COTUS.  But they've passed judicial review and they are the law of the land.

This law restricting the sale of LC ammunition is going nowhere.  I mentioned earlier in this thread it is only a bill and really doesn't stand much of a chance of passing.  Concern yourself more with the border.being shut down.  All this would take is a EO by Biden he could do in a few minutes.

On 2/1/2024 at 5:31 PM, GRIZ said:

You are seriously misunderstanding me. I'm far from a Constitution of Convenience person.  I don't have an idea how you arrived at that possibility. I might believe more in the COTUS than you seem to think you do.  Paraphrasing Scalia said the COTUS says a lot of things. Scalia also said there are a lot of things the COTUS doesn't say.

Out and out authoritarian?  What did I say to make you come to that conclusion?

The first paragraph in my post is a fact.  A fact that is written into.the COTUS.  Do you believe in that process?

You mention judicial review in another post in this thread?  That is written into the COTUS also.  Do you believe in that?  Yes, many times courts rule in a manner I don't care for but I'm a big boy and learn to live with it or find a way around it.  I'm not going to go around whining.  That accomplishes nothing.

There are many laws that one might say are "contrary" to the COTUS.  But they've passed judicial review and they are the law of the land.

This law restricting the sale of LC ammunition is going nowhere.  I mentioned earlier in this thread it is only a bill and really doesn't stand much of a chance of passing.  Concern yourself more with the border.being shut down.  All this would take is a EO by Biden he could do in a few minutes.

You wrote 'Laws do "infringe" on Constitutional Rights at times for good reason.' (bolding is mine for emphasis). That seemed pretty clear to me when I read it. If taking that at what I thought was face value was a misinterpretation of your position, I'm happy to apologize. I am a Contitutional absolutist in a sense. It was not perfect, but it was (and is) a pretty damned good effort at guaranteeing individual liberty. It was set up with a clear procedure to change it that was deliberately made quite difficult. I regard any law or regulation that contradicts or contravenes it that has not fuliflled that procedure to be completely illegal and invalid. If I comply with any of those illegal and invalid laws or regulations, I do so only because I don't regard open defiance as a practical alternative, at the present time.