matt6669

North Meets South!!!!!

How many skeet fields do you have? I presume there are houses?

Nope. Not at CR. Just informal shooting. BYO thrower, set up, pull and shoot from the line. Other ranges around here have formal courses (Shongum, Hercules, Hudson Farms) but this isn't one of those.

We're all going to need serious practice before going out on a regulation range.

There's no embarrassment among friends. Just as long as Troy doesn't want to shoot for money.

We're all going to need serious practice before going out on a regulation range.

There's no embarrassment among friends. Just as long as Troy doesn't want to shoot for money.

All this talk..... Now that I have my own shotty..... reality will set in, and I wont hit sh!t :oops:

man I'm gone for one day and this thread jumps like 3 pages just WOW

I'd be up to going to an actual skeet place as well only problem with them is they do get expensive after a few rounds but I'd be interested in doing it for a change of pace.

Also all my North guys, if anyone is ever interested I believe Thunder Mountain over in ringwood does 7 dollars a set which to be is kind of a rip off compared to what it costs us over at the ridge

No Ray, it is a real range. 200 and 300 yard rifle range, 50 yard pistol range, indoor pistol range, pitsand the skeet/trap range.

Don't mind me, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Looks like they have a pretty full weekend schedule. Are there any fields available for casual shooters, or is everything booked for scheduled events?

The trap fields are fully booked when they run the NSSA match on the 3rd Sat of the month. They have 6 or 7 fields so when they have shoots they only use 2-3 fields. Also if we meet in the afternoon they are meets are done.

Cool. It's starting to sound like the beginning of a plan.

Wolfy,

It may be time to start a new thread for the event. I know it's way early, but you could at least gauge interest before you start to expend any resources or effort.

Depending on the day, I would definitely be interested in coming down. I've always wanted to check out CJRPC

Me too. :D

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but I think it involves guns, shooting, and members from this forum. So I guess I'm in too.

I really like shooting at CR in the evening. The place just feels different. Went yesterday (Thurs.) after work with Jordan and Lynn, and met Mark there. Stayed for about 1 1/2 hours and three of us blew up nearly 2 boxes of birds. It was Jordan's first time, and he had fun. Lynn did her thing on the handgun range, and got some private shooting tips from the RO's there. If any of you CR RO's are visiting the forum, thanks. You guys do a hell of a job there, and we appreciate it.

K