matt6669

North Meets South!!!!!

Ok, I will bring that, my 12ga O/U, 12 ga pump, 16 ga 11-48, 410 single shot for Matt. I can't wait

Tim don't you have a 1911 hiding in the arsenal somewhere as well???

Note to everyone coming. If you have a 1911 I would be greatly appreciated if you could bring it. Preferably only .45 acp. 1911 is going to be my next choice and I want to start narrowing down choices sizes etc. I'm really leaning towards a DW Bobtail but we'll see. The thought of spending 1300 bucks on a gun is scary. I might try to find one used but I dunno.

Also I wanna pick up a box of .45 acp so whats the general consensus for plinking to get an idea of how they shoot etc I don't wanna burn through other peoples ammo :)

1911 is probably the most important for me. I'm putting the Kahr up for sale on here today I think and then its saving time for the 1911 so thats the top priority on my gotta shoot list :)

But if you got some other cool things you want to entertain us boring North people with, bring em.

HEH if anyone has some long range rifles and they wanna do some impressing, there is a 300yrd at the Ridge if you want to put on a show BTW

To be on topic I will mention the basics.

The clay shoot will happen precisely at 2pm. From the sounds of it, there will be a bunch of us there already but we will be meeting in the front parking lot at 1:45 to pickup the guys showing up for the 2pm clay shoot. The front parking lot is literally straight ahead when you come in thru the main rd. Stop at the stop sign, drive forward 50ft and make a left. I'll have the big black ugly jeep parked at the entrance to the parking lot so you can't miss us. Normally the clay shoot goes between 2-3 hours but theres really no limit on time we can shoot as long as we want.

Guests: There is a 25$ sign in fee for guests just as a heads up.

Clays: Don't bother buying clays at a store. The range sells them for 11 bucks a box you can't find them cheaper unless you buy like 10 cases at a time. Also the range requires them to be bio-degradable so its just easier to buy them at the range.

Shells: You can not shoot anything bigger than a #7 shot. 7, 7-1/2, 8 shot are all fine. As a background, this past clay shot, I went thru 100 shells in 2 hours to give an idea of what to bring.

Food and water: I highly suggest bringing a snack or a sandwich along with some water or whatever else you drink (minus alcohol of course :) ) I don't believe there is a vending machine at the range so if you don't bring water your going to get awfully thirsty so just a heads up, atleast bring some water even if you don't think you'll need it. Trust me you will.

Attitude: Just be prepared to laugh your ass of, especially at me and be prepared to have fun.

Really excited about this guys I really hope it turns out great.

MAKS will you be back for this buddy!!!!! Have yet to hear from you!

You don't provide milk and cookies? I can't go if there are not milk and cookies. Chips Ahoy, chips deluxe in the white bag with blue stripe. And a jar of Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter to put on them. And good old fashioned whole milk to wash it down with. Not that I am picky, just saying. You can't host an event without milk and cookies. I am sure Chad would agree.

what is this?? I want in?

This is an altered version of the Monthly Clay Bird shoot we hold every month at Cherry Ridge gun range. Everyone is welcome just bring shot shotshells and some birdies and we'll be good to go.

It'll be September 13th, 2009 at 2pm for the clay shoot, some of us are meeting up early to shoot some other stuff as well.

Sept. 13 at Cherry Ridge in Highland Lakes. Nice, casual group meetup, and some of the more distant NJGF members are making the journey up north to meet the Northern Coalition.

All of the details can be found on this thread:

http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2311

See, mention milk and cookies and suddenly people want in. Imagine what would happen if you served pie.

Al this talk is making me hungry, Chad we will have to stop at the The Chester Diner for brunch and dinner. Thay have got good pie.

ehhh I like to think big. And I mean since I'm the father of his child, he should have to pay me some money for donating to his situation since he didn't have the goods to get the job done himself LOL :lol: Poor chad not even online to back himself up

This is an altered version of the Monthly Clay Bird shoot we hold every month at Cherry Ridge gun range. Everyone is welcome just bring shot shotshells and some birdies and we'll be good to go.

It'll be September 13th, 2009 at 2pm for the clay shoot, some of us are meeting up early to shoot some other stuff as well.

Um, count me in. I'll be representing the north. I'm also not a member of Cherry Ridge.

I've gotten a couple pm's about this event which is totally getting my pysched I can't wait.

For all you non member guys don't worry you are more than welcome to come this is how I'm going to handle it.

Once it gets closer to the date about a week before I am going to assign a sort of buddy system. One non member to one member this way we will know exactly who is covered and we know that no one is left out.

I got busy this weekend and didn't have a chance to go over to the Ridge, but I am going to go over there sometime this week and talk with the RO's to let them know that we are going to have a large group showing up at a certain time and that we will have a bunch of non members showing up and if theres anything we can do to make the process go nice and smoothly.

M

Matt,

Just remember:

Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, and you'll do just fine. Oh, and the short shorts (you may need a sock).

wow, its comedy night . Every thread I read has funny stuff tonight.

Ken, that was great Matt will have to channel his inner Danielson. Now we will have to see what length barrel Chad brings and if it needs a tighter choke.

Matt,

Just remember:

Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off, and you'll do just fine. Oh, and the short shorts (you may need a sock).

wow, its comedy night . Every thread I read has funny stuff tonight.

Ken, that was great Matt will have to channel his inner Danielson. Now we will have to see what length barrel Chad brings and if it needs a tighter choke.

HAHAHA thanks Tim, if I get yelled at for waking up my parents tomorrow, I'm sending them to YOUR house. Oh man that was some funny crap.

Anyway, me being the responsible one, this thread is getting WAY off topic.

Who is coming!!!!!!!!?????????????????