Wolfy

Next monthly friendlly gathering

I believe we are doing a north get together next month but I don't think were going to do cherry ridge this time so theres no guest fees. We were thinking of trying to do hercules or shongun or something of the likes but it depends. If theres a large turnout like last time, we might have to do cherry ridge b/c its less formal than an actual skeet range and more people will get to shoot.

Be looking out for information from me within the next week I would suspect. Gotta talk to some people first and then ill release details.

M

Also there is talk of a possible ruts hut meetup sometime in the next couple weeks if people are interested

Just an early heads up:

Hercules may not be the best choice for a bunch of new guys to descend on at the same time. There's only one trap field, and the club that shoots there has about 20 or so guys that show up each Sunday to shoot at what can only be described as a casual pace. They only run it from 10 -2 on Sunday, and lock the gates after that, so there's really only time for about 3 or 4 rounds for the regular attendees, and I don't think they would appreciate a bunch of new guys cutting in on their time.

A couple of new faces shouldn't be any problem, but a swarm of new shooters would probably not be met with too much enthusiasm from the regular "alter cockers" (Yiddish reference).

I believe we are doing a north get together next month but I don't think were going to do cherry ridge this time so theres no guest fees. We were thinking of trying to do hercules or shongun or something of the likes but it depends. If theres a large turnout like last time, we might have to do cherry ridge b/c its less formal than an actual skeet range and more people will get to shoot.

Be looking out for information from me within the next week I would suspect. Gotta talk to some people first and then ill release details.

M

Also there is talk of a possible ruts hut meetup sometime in the next couple weeks if people are interested

Matt-

Please dont tease me with Rutt's Hut

I am IN I wnt a hot dog with that yellow gross stuff on it

Ill bring sandwiches to eat while Im waiting for ruts hut too like you guys did

thanks

;)

tiny

Just an early heads up:

Hercules may not be the best choice for a bunch of new guys to descend on at the same time. There's only one trap field, and the club that shoots there has about 20 or so guys that show up each Sunday to shoot at what can only be described as a casual pace. They only run it from 10 -2 on Sunday, and lock the gates after that, so there's really only time for about 3 or 4 rounds for the regular attendees, and I don't think they would appreciate a bunch of new guys cutting in on their time.

A couple of new faces shouldn't be any problem, but a swarm of new shooters would probably not be met with too much enthusiasm from the regular "alter cockers" (Yiddish reference).

Heh, I think I'll be passing on any event at that place ;)

Just an early heads up:

+1000

Thanks Ken, I was actually going to pm you regarding hercules as I know you've been there. So for the monthly get together that place sounds like a no go but we could always do that one as a little north get together if we want to wing something on a weekend.

How about shongun??? or any other suggestions. I'd stay away from thunder mtn as they are 7 dollars a round compared to other places but I mean its really up to the group I'm flexible. I really wish we could get a group discount at the ridge, might be something worth while bringing up to the higher ups.

oh and tiny, there will definitely be a ruts hut trip in the very near future. I havn't had them in about 8 years and I'm dying for them again with all this talk about food. So we will work something out. Maybe hit it up on a saturday or something.

Thanks Ken, I was actually going to pm you regarding hercules as I know you've been there. So for the monthly get together that place sounds like a no go but we could always do that one as a little north get together if we want to wing something on a weekend.

How about shongun??? or any other suggestions. I'd stay away from thunder mtn as they are 7 dollars a round compared to other places but I mean its really up to the group I'm flexible. I really wish we could get a group discount at the ridge, might be something worth while bringing up to the higher ups.

Hercules is a nice place to shoot, and I'd like to attend more often, but I feel guilty about shoehorning in on their regular club meet. Many of the regulars are old Hercules employees who just want to keep the property useful instead of letting it go to seed.

I don't know about Shongum except that they have 4 or 5 trap fields. It may be a members only thing, and I don't really know what their guest policy is (if they have one). There are a couple of Shongum members here who can certainly provide more info.

I've heard mixed reviews about Thunder Mountain.

Hercules is a nice place to shoot, and I'd like to attend more often, but I feel guilty about shoehorning in on their regular club meet. Many of the regulars are old Hercules employees who just want to keep the property useful instead of letting it go to seed.

Maybe there is someone who we could talk to about getting something "sanctioned" at some time when it wouldn't be a problem for them. Shrug.

Maybe there is someone who we could talk to about getting something "sanctioned" at some time when it wouldn't be a problem for them. Shrug.

agreed Mark. Ken would you mind possibly running this past a couple members and see if anything sticks. I'd do it myself but I'm not a "member" there so that would be a little weird for me to ask. Also how does that place exactly work, is it open all the time, let if we wanted to do a saturday shoot instead of a sunday shoot since the old timers are there on sunday could we, or is that a no go.

And we'll have to see if some shongum guys chime in as it would be interesting to see how things are run over there as well. We do have a couple options and lots of time so sweetness, lets get this rolling

agreed Mark. Ken would you mind possibly running this past a couple members and see if anything sticks. I'd do it myself but I'm not a "member" there so that would be a little weird for me to ask. Also how does that place exactly work, is it open all the time, let if we wanted to do a saturday shoot instead of a sunday shoot since the old timers are there on sunday could we, or is that a no go.

And we'll have to see if some shongum guys chime in as it would be interesting to see how things are run over there as well. We do have a couple options and lots of time so sweetness, lets get this rolling

The property is only open on Sunday for the club shooting, but I'll ask if it's possible to arrange a charter when I speak to my friend there.

I've heard mixed reviews about Thunder Mountain.

Thunder Mountain serves the purpose you can shoot trap and skeet there, each round is $7.00. It is an older facility so not much to look at. Being on the border of NY and NJ it does get very busy at times, there are several local clubs or gatherings of friends that meet and shoot every weekend. There was rumors they were raising their rate to $7.50.

Thunder mountain gets VERY busy on the weekends. Now that its getting colder it won't be as busy as all the city slickers will stay in the heated houses they have. But if they raise it to 7.50 I'm really not going to go there. The place is really turned into a crap hole. The stations are all dirt if I remember correctly, theres like no concrete or anything, and it looks like the birds have never been cleaned up since they opened. And they want you to pay 7 dollars a round, thats kinda crazy if you ask me.

Ken and I have been talking about another range, I will take a ride sometime this week and check it out and see if he'll offer a group rate.

Sweet, let me know if you want a car buddy, I'm always looking for ways to get outta the house since I spend my life in studio I'm always up for an adventure.

Thanks guys thus far for helping out, we've got some good info going back and forth!!!

does it scare anyone else that they don't list prices of how to become a member, though it does look like an amazing facility

It scares everyone. If you have to ask how much it costs... you know the rest. Take a look at their charities page.

Oh, and appropriate wardrobe is required.

does it scare anyone else that they don't list prices of how to become a member, though it does look like an amazing facility

It scares everyone. If you have to ask how much it costs... you know the rest. Take a look at their charities page.

Oh, and appropriate wardrobe is required.

fry.jpg

I've heard rumors membership is over 10k/year, but the monies are donated to charities and they sponsor kids/teens in the shooting sports.

Oh my, the only way I could join that club is if they held a charity for me to join :)