Wolfy

Next monthly friendlly gathering

If you guys want just trap/skeet, I am going to see about a place here in central jersey. The trap was $3 or $4 a round.

But this would be only for trap.... this is a private club that just has public trap on sundays, but they are very open to others.

Other option is Mallard. I know we have a few members there that can ask.

Mallard rules. No idea if they do private events though. If it brings them some cash they might? Call Dennis (the president of the club) and ask, he's a wonderful guy and may be able to set up something with us.

I'm going one Sunday in Nov btw independent of an event, I'll make sure to post and hope others can join me!

+1.. Dennis is a very nice guy!

Anyone check out this club? I dont know if they have a skeet range, but Ive gone to other events hosted there....They seem to be open to this kind of thing..

http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/

That's a drive for most but doable. I think that's right by Arms-N-Ammo, maybe he could fill us in on some details.

arfcom has had several shoots at south jersey. great place.

but proper organization is a necessity. and you need to have current and active members inside the club to make that happen. last time, we each had to pay the club, sign waivers, all kinds of stuff. well worth it, but you have to follow their rules to get a firing line reserved for a group.

Ya, know, when I said Matt was our very own little pink Obama, I didn't expect him to take it literally. I sort of expected him to actually attempt to do the job.

I'm here I'm here no worries.

so I've been thinking there are two options we have.

We can:

A: We can go to Cherry Ridge like all the other events I have held in the north. Visitors pay 25 bucks, and we can shoot pistol, rifle, and clay. I'm sorta against this because I feel guilty asking people who arn't members to pay 25 bucks until I can see if I can get us a discounted rate.

B. We can go to a dedicated trap facility. There have been a couple mentioned and I see them not having a problem accomodating us. If we go this route, I can try and set it up centrally so no one is driving a really long distance.

Also remember that its going to be sorta cold out, so I'm not sure how long some of you guys are going to want to be out there so just keep that in mind. I'm game for either option, and for making it an all day thing.

Let me know what you guys think.

M

I can see how 25 may be considered steep after you add in shells, clays, and gas for those that have a long commute but I'd still be game. Would have to see when though as I'm pretty busy. Plus I can't shoot clays for the life of me, but I have a feeling I'll fit right in with some. :lol:

no chance of working out a group rate of some sort at CR? maybe get on the calendar as an event?

It's in the works, its on my list of things to do, but I won't be able to get to talk to any of the directors until winter break. I'm lucky if I can find time to come and roam on here once or twice a day.

Well if we can get a bigger showing of people and people don't mind coming to the North and paying 25 dollars I will hold it at the ridge because we can shoot all day long, and we can do everything.

If I don't see a big showing, I am going to centrally located the event, and it will probably be a clay only event.

So I know you all have voices, lets hear em!

Being a member of CR, I'm kinda biased - but, yeah, CR works for me :)

+1

Of course, I will travel assuming it's not a blizzard or hurricane.

He'll be there though if it's just a tornado or tsunami. ;)

A tsunami reaching my house means the Canary Islands have slid into the water destroying the entire east coast. I'll be in my little boat.

Earthquakes are short term, those are no problem.

Tornado, right out.

The clocks get turned back on Nov. 1 this year.

November 8 (second Sunday)sunset is at 4:45. December 13 is at 4:28

CR closes about 1/2 hour before sunset.

If we do Cherry Ridge, we may want to schedule an earlier meetup time than noon so the guests get their day fee's worth on the range. $25 for 6 hours is reasonable... not so much for 3 hours (plus travel time).

Crap - I didn't look at the calendar closely enough and I thought the 15th was the second sunday of the month. Depending on how beat up I am after the class I'm taking on the 7th, I might not be able to make this one :angry-banghead: Gonna have to play it by ear

The clocks get turned back on Nov. 1 this year.

November 8 (second Sunday)sunset is at 4:45. December 13 is at 4:28

CR closes about 1/2 hour before sunset.

If we do Cherry Ridge, we may want to schedule an earlier meetup time than noon so the guests get their day fee's worth on the range. $25 for 6 hours is reasonable... not so much for 3 hours (plus travel time).

Agreed. 9-10 sounds like a better start time. I get up early every day so even if I have to travel, early is fine for me. Of course, I've got that long long CR commute of 5 minutes :mrgreen: .