Joeybones

BED AS BACKDROP

I have been looking at the Marketplace on this forum and the Classified section on NewJerseyHunter.com for the last few months. I noticed a lot of the photographs have a bed as the backdrop. What is disturbing is most of the beds have no sheets on them, and if there are sheets there are no blankets, comforters or pillows.

Anyone have a theory ? plausable explanation ?

Conspiracy???

The last time I took a picture of a rifle I was selling, it left a nice grease/oil stain on the sheets. Next time, the sheets came off. Pillows and comforters just clutter up the picture. I'm guessing that others have similar reasons.

I've included this example for guidance on a homemade lightbox to take great photos for posting. I made one measuring 2 feet by 2 feet which works great for handguns. You can certainly make one larger for long guns as well. I find that natural sunlight still works best.

http://freshfodder.wordpress.com/2007/01/03/diy-ebay-photo-studio-0/

A couple of my photos:

P1010089.jpg

P1010031.jpg

I've included this example for guidance on a homemade lightbox to take great photos for posting. I made one measuring 2 feet by 2 feet which works great for handguns. You can certainly make one larger for long guns as well. I find that natural sunlight still works best.

http://freshfodder.wordpress.com/2007/01/03/diy-ebay-photo-studio-0/

A couple of my photos:

P1010089.jpg

P1010031.jpg

that snubby is so sweet looking

Always wondered about the lack of sheet thing too....Also, the foot in the edge of the image....With all the easy to use and free basic photo editiing software, why cant they crop out the feet? And whats worse than that is someone's dirty feet with over grown toenails...Ive seen a few pics like that over the years too...

I think the feet thing has become of one of those gun forum inside jokes... people are doing it on purpose for sh*ts and giggles. Altho I usually fail to see the humor in looking at some dude's nasty toes :naughty:

I can't stand when men wear sandals , ESPECIALLY to restaraunts. It makes me want to vomit. I want to look at your nasty dinosoar looking, callous infested, bunion riddled, middle toe longer-than-the-big-toe disgustingly hairy toe knuckles while I'm eating??? Please leave the sandals off unless you are at the beach. Wanna-be Yuppies :roll:

I can't stand when men wear sandals , ESPECIALLY to restaraunts. It makes me want to vomit. I want to look at your nasty hairy feet while I'm eating??? Please leave the sandals off unless you are at the beach. Wanna-be Yuppies :roll:

I wear sandals all the time! Even through out the winter. Well not when I am in NJ though, since I am expected to defend myself in hand to hand combat I usually wear boots.

lemme guess, a button down plaid shirt from banana republic, with khaki shorts with the bottoms freyed as well ? And a blue whistle type necklace lanyard with "aeropostale" written on it in white letters, which holds the keys to your mid 90's bmw or audi 2 door, that you twirl and spin between your fingers while walking thru the mall....as if you were a lifeguard at a pool in a retirement village? OR are the keys in your pocket and the lanyard is hanging out of your pocket down to your knee. :shifty:

Should we refer to this type of footwear as mandals in lieu of sandals ?

lemme guess, a button down plaid shirt from banana republic, with khaki shorts with the bottoms freyed as well ? And a blue whistle type necklace lanyard with "aeropostale" written on it in white letters, which holds the keys to your mid 90's bmw or audi 2 door, that you twirl and spin between your fingers while walking thru the mall....as if you were a lifeguard at a pool in a retirement village? OR are the keys in your pocket and the lanyard is hanging out of your pocket down to your knee. :shifty:

Should we refer to this type of footwear as mandals in lieu of sandals ?

you forgot the main part of my everyday wardrobe, my .45ACP Beretta mini-cougar :mrgreen:

it's actually more like Jeans(from either Kohl's or a thrift shop, with whatever t-shirt I have on hand(that will of course go down far enough to conceal my pistol), subaru key tucked all the way inside my pocket and walking around like I own the place (a little place called earth :ugeek: ).

In all honesty I couldn't say I wouldn't wear something from Banana Republic, but I am a poor college student, so unless I find it at a thrift store I can't afford it.

I can't stand when men wear sandals , ESPECIALLY to restaraunts. It makes me want to vomit. I want to look at your nasty dinosoar looking, callous infested, bunion riddled, middle toe longer-than-the-big-toe disgustingly hairy toe knuckles while I'm eating??? Please leave the sandals off unless you are at the beach. Wanna-be Yuppies

Chad Rules ! That's the funniest thing I ever heard. I also agree.

How come everyone is talking about toes and not my beautiful snubbie revolvers ?

In an attempt to sway this thread away from some due's disgusting dirty feet......here is a snubby....1943 S&W Military & Police (the original M&P...not that new thing they call the M&P)....This was before it had the designation Model 10......enjoy...and check it out...no feet at all!

sw1xl2.jpg

but still a bedspread...