Sign in to follow this  
nitrospaz9

BH TODAY

Went to the Bullethole today to fire my new .357 and shotgun. Well I have been waiting to fire the .357 for like 2 months and wanted to shoot it one handed. My friend thought it would be great to get it on tape. Well I got screamed at by an a-hole there. Said no pictures. I said seriously were just aiming it downthe port. So he yells back "I JUST SAID NO PICTURES" So right there i was in a pretty crappy mood. I mean we went there to have a good time. Bah but whatever..

The .357 was great. Fired the rounds from 85 through them. Had like a 3 inch muzzle blast to follow it lol. Also got to fire my shotty with rounds from 20 plus years ago. Well I fired a magnum buck shot and it actually took me off my front stance foot. My shoulder is a bit bruised lol. It was a good time after captain A-HOLE left me alone.

I asked someone and they said its because law enforcement shoot there. I still dont get it. Do they think I know who the cops are and will post it on like terrorist websites or something. I have taken pics there before and have seen other people take pics. I understand the rule and would obey it. I just wish the guy wasn't a complete ass about it. He was acting like I was waving the gun around or something. I get that they have to be serious because it is a very dangerous place but dont be a dick about it. PLain and simple

I still dont get it.

Dude - no offense man but the RSO's at TBH have never been anything but helpful to me. :angelic-cyan:

Please consider the following:

1) proximity of the range to "the hood" and therefore "the hoodlums"

2) how busy the place can get

3) the limited space

Coldsolder... when do we start digging? The guy can clearly see I am not a hudlum. I was firing with my gun tilted sideways and My pants were not below my ass.

Also the place was kinda empty.

Rscalzo: Yea I know that but like i said before he didnt have to be a douche about everything. He could of given me a reason and I would of said ok. Yelling at me is not the best policy.

Which is why I want to dig a shooting tunnel underneath my house

To do it right you need about a two hundred thousand dollar air filtration system. Our former judge did just that when he built his house by putting a range in the basement. No filtration. explains a lot why his kids were like they were though....

I always found the staff at the BH pleasant. Of course one of them turned out to be my next door neighbor that i hadn't seen in about forty years. At one point I used the range for the semi-annual qualifications for my permits but no longer do so. my local department does it for me without charge other than the coffee I bring to the range (which is rather basic to say the least).

If you want pictures, I'll bring you to a departmental qualification session one day. You can bring the coffee.

I was never quite sure why some ranges post that? I would think if I want to have a picture of me shooting my gun, I should be able to? I know that we can sometimes do it at BA although it is posted "No Cell Phones or Pictures" :naughty:

When we shoot at SS, they have never have a problem with taking pictures. And when we shoot at the fun shoot, they encourage it and want us to share our photos with them.

I can only assume they are afraid you are going to take pictures of other people shooting?

I would think if I want to have a picture of me shooting my gun, I should be able to?

As the owner of the range, he sets the standards. Many locations do not allow photography. You could try it once but is it worth getting banned for a picture of yourself. I doubt it.

I have an idea. That said I am not trying to be a dik. Call Jennifer and voice you problem in an adult not threatening manor and I am sure you will get an adult response. If you call and say he was an assh0le or a douche I am sure you will not be happy with your response. But if you ask about why and say you did not like the way it was handled I am sure you can then put this to rest. BH is a great place I have NEVER had a problem there nor do I think I will. If your situation happened with me I would have addressed it that day with the owners. Now lets all have a group hug sing hum ba ya and get along life id too short. :romance-grouphug:

Went there for the first time today and it's posted on the door into the range as well. Still, curious as to why. I would understand if they said no flash though.

I travel a bit into chemical plants and had and instance where I was inventorying a plant and I asked if I could take photos and he said "yes, but you can not use your flash". I asked but he just said "because we do not allow it". Anyway, as I was taking pictures I hit a button that triggered the flash...next think I know this guy is on the floor covering his head. I'm thinking to myself WTH. He says "are you crazy"? I apologized and told him I hit the wrong button that triggered the flash. He then went on to explain that their fire suppressant system is triggered by by a flash because it mimics an explosion. Luckily it did not go off.

Wonder if they have a similar system or simply don't want people posting photos of members firing guns on the internet.

Went there for the first time today and it's posted on the door into the range as well. Still, curious as to why. I would understand if they said no flash though.

I travel a bit into chemical plants and had and instance where I was inventorying a plant and I asked if I could take photos and he said "yes, but you can not use your flash". I asked but he just said "because we do not allow it". Anyway, as I was taking pictures I hit a button that triggered the flash...next think I know this guy is on the floor covering his head. I'm thinking to myself WTH. He says "are you crazy"? I apologized and told him I hit the wrong button that triggered the flash. He then went on to explain that their fire suppressant system is triggered by by a flash because it mimics an explosion. Luckily it did not go off.

Wonder if they have a similar system or simply don't want people posting photos of members firing guns on the internet.

That's actually very true in ammunition/munitions plants. NO FLASH. :)

HEY GUYS, LET ME EXPLAIN. THE PHOTO MAY NOT CATCH ANOTHER PERSON IN THE FRAME BUT WE ARE NOT SURE. MANY OF OUR CUSTOMERS ARE VERY SECRETIVE ABOUT WHAT THEY DO IN THEIR SPARE TIME AND THEY DO NOT WANT THAT TO COME OUT (SHOOT GUNS). ALSO, WE CATER TO MANY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS THAT DO NOT WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THEY ARE POLICE (AIR MARSHALS, DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENTS ETC). THE OTHER THING IS THAT WE DO NOT WANT PLACES LIKE ABC, CBS, NBC ETC TO GET A HOLD OF A PHOTO THAT COULD DAMAGE OUR INDUSTRY ANY MORE THEN IT ALREADY HAS BEEN.

NEXT TIME IF YOU WANT TO TAKE A PHOTO, JUST TELL US AND WE CAN TRY TO POSITION YOU IN A PLACE WHERE IT WILL NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM. HOPE THAT THIS HELPS A LITTLE.

Jen

Sadly I agree with the need to be private about what we do. Although once inside the comradeship is fantastic, those outside of the community often look at us as CRIMINALS.

Such a shame, but at the same time I appreciate BH putting thought into the privacy of its clients.

I asked someone and they said its because law enforcement shoot there.

That explains it to me... the LEO's don't want everyone to know what terrible shots they are!! The military boys put them to SHAME.

Regardless, Jen IS the best, and most of the RO's at TBH are great guys who often have to deal with BS from the hoodlums who go there with Desert Eagles that they try to one-hand for their latest YouTube rap video. It's embarassing.