Sign in to follow this  
jermz1987

Just got my First Gun from Brick Armory.

So my 2 permits and FID card came in. I went to Ready Aim fire a few days ago to try out a few guns on my list,a Ruger P95, SR9, Glock 19 and Glock 23 40sw. In the end the SR9 didn't fit me well. I liked the P95 and Glock 19, The 23 was snappy. So I left with plans to head to Brick Armory. When I got there I talked to a man about what I had wanted and that It was my first gun and that I didn't have my permits yet. They showed me a few guns they had. After looking around they showed me a used CZ75b in 40sw. I was hesitant and told him I shot the glock 23 and didn't like it. He told me I would Like it in the CZ. He loaded a few rounds and sent me to the back with some targets. I also met an older gentlemen there who was very knowledgeable and agreed to accompany me back to the range to help me out.They wanted 450 for it with 4 spare mags. When I finished I was impressed and told them I would buy it. I paid for it and told them when I got my permits I would come pick it up... So when my permits came in I went straight to Brick Armory. When I got there the guy behind the counter said "I have good news and bad news". He told me the previous owner came in and wanted the gun back. Even though they told him it was sold and paid for he still wanted it back, So its gone :x I was upset at first until they said they were going to make the situation right. He handed me a new CZ75b SA 9mm. He told me I could have this gun for what he gets it for. So I ended up paying 535 for It. He also gave me some membership papers and told me I would only need to pay 150 to join. They also let me shoot the gun that day for free. I took the gun home but I had to leave the mags there so they could neuter them. In all I was very pleased with Brick Armory, they bent over backwards to correct the situation, They will always have my business. Big thumbs up to Brick Armory. Here is a picture of the 40cal, This isn't my photo. This picture was taken by the owner before he sold it to Brick Armory. The other picture is my new CZ 75b SA.

cz75b-4.jpg

cz9mm1-2.jpg

Nice gun, and a great deal on it. I just got the same one and so far I'm very happy with it. The first thing I did was get a set of those Hogue grips. Made a huge difference in how the gun feels and points for me.

Congratulations, and good shooting.

At first i thought it was a picture of my cz85. =P but that was sold a while ago.

That is a good deal on a brand new one, and a very good price on the membership.

I actually prefer the cz in a 9mm over 40.... but that is me.

nice job, great gun.

I shot striders cz-75 sp01, and I miss it. =P

I actually prefer the cz in a 9mm over 40.... but that is me.

Oh please...you prefer anything that goes BANG!!! lol

Hey, I did want to take you up on that offer when you were going to rent out your wife. :whistle:

lol. but I am getting more selective.... with firearms.

Congratulations. I have a 75b DA/SA, I would love to get the SA version. Good luck with it.

Tim,

I'm confused about the advantage of an SAO compared to a DA/SA. If I pull and lock the hammer on my DA/SA, it's SA, but it's slower than just DA for the first shot and SA for all of the subsequent cycled shots with the hammer back. I may be missing something, but I really don't see the pluses of SAO.

Ken,

the difference is shooting a nice SAO with little to no pre travel and a crisp clean trigger break vs a SA/DA pull where in DA it is a longer and more sloppy or when in SA mode there is a lot more pre travel and mush in the trigger which can add to the dreaded flinch.