Maksim

Gathering interest - NJGF engraved AR Lowers

if you guys are taking critiques on the design....

the font of the blurb under the gun looks straight out of the 1970's. (also its way too long)

the 1911 is horrendously out of proportion.

a 3 hole trigger (2 different sized holes btw) and a spur style hammer? who mixes and matches like that on a real one?

magazine in the gun, yet the hammer is down.... it should be condition one.

last but not least, those sights look useless. (rear sight is way too low)

if you guys want to keep it like that fine, but your not gonna get a whole lot of respect from the AR15 owners crowd when you show them your brand new gun built on a lower with an abortion of a high point manufactured 1911 etched on the side.

the details matter.

Actually if the sight is an adjustable sight, it would be that low but it would be missing the slight vertical at the back of the sight. It would also have to be moved more towards the rear of the gun. Now if it was a fixed sight, I agree it would be might higher.

I have also seen a 3 hole with a spur style hammer but it was a 3 triangle design, one big triangle in the middle facing one way and two smaller ones facing the other way.

But its all relative...

I'm not sure if I'm sold that a 1911 should be on an AR lower but I don't have nearly enough time to come up with a new design so I'm not much help there.

I'm not sure if I'm sold that a 1911 should be on an AR lower

This would be my biggest gripe with the current design. Seems a little odd to have a 1911 picture on an AR.

I think I'd rather see something simple like the NJ state outline with maybe NJGF written vertically down the middle.

This is really quick and dirty, but something like this:[attachment=0]nj_njgf.gif[/attachment]

I'm not sure if I'm sold that a 1911 should be on an AR lower

This would be my biggest gripe with the current design. Seems a little odd to have a 1911 picture on an AR.

I think I'd rather see something simple like the NJ state outline with maybe NJGF written vertically down the middle.

I am still in regardless of the design, but I agree with Caine. I think that we should have a design that screams "New Jersey" more than "gun" since the design will be on a gun already. Here are my three suggestions for Jerseyana on our personalized AR lowers:

Modified Garden State Parkway logo (like WFMU and BennyGoHome did in these) - This is my favorite and could definitely be engraved.

gardenstatepkwy.jpg

mensclothing_bgh_pw.jpg

Pork Roll, Egg & Cheese Sandwich (that's Taylor Ham for you North Jerseyans). What is more Jersey than that? People in New York have no idea what you're talking about when you mention pork roll. People in Pennsylvania aren't interested unless it has Scrapple in it. I will admit that it may be hard to etch this into the lower. :)

Pork_roll_egg_cheese_sand_readytoea.jpg

New Jersey State Outline - I like Caine's idea

TAYLOR HAM FOR THE WIN!!!!!

I do agree, that the state outline with just NJGF or something simpler would be much more appealing than a handgun on a rifle.

I do like your idea Pete, simple and too the point. If we could get the url in there without making it look tacky might be a good idea.

Also the GSP logo with NJGF would be HOT!!!! And you could probably wrap promoting proper gun control in the garden state, around the outside ring.

First of all, I want to say that I am artistically declined. And I have no idea how to write letters on the border of a curved picture. I think it would look better with a real GSP template (I used the crappy WFMU model), the "Gun Control..." motto around the outside border and properly sized fint across the middle. Here is my rudimentary attempt:

Garden_State_Pkwy.jpg

I think that one is pretty good - much simpler than the 1911 one and I feel like it embodies what we're about more accurately. It would pretty cool if we could get the etching color matched to really get that GSP feel (kinda like this)[attachment=0]GSPkwy_ShieldNJGF_color.gif[/attachment]

flipped

OK, I am a pain in the ass but....

Since you're tinkering with the logo anyway, can you try writing the "NJGunForums.com" and bullet across the New Jersey state, instead of writing it in the bar going across the circle. It makes me think of the "anti" sign of a circle with a line through it (a la Ghostbusters).

Thanks Ken