67gtonut

Para Ordnance 14-45

OK 1911 Guys..... Give me opinions.....

Located a VERY clean Para Ordnance 14-45 1911...... I have been reading 1911.com, and to be honest..... It seems like no make of 1911 is without its bad eggs....

This gun is very clean, and actually the double stack thick grip feels nice in the hand. Trigger is very nice, but I am betting it can be made better....

I checked Gunbroker..... they seem to start at $650 and up........... the one I can get is $495.00

Opinions?

I held it...... The double stack grip actually feels good....

I agree, I held the double stack at BA and it was finally a gun that filled my hand. Maybe even a bit too much, but I was told you can switch the thicker stock grips to something a bit slimmer, thats what I would do. Other then that I liked it a lot. Didnt get to shoot one yet. I hope to add a 1911 to my safe in the next year or so.

-Scott

I was considering buying one at shore Shot a few years ago. I really liked the LDA (light double action) trigger, and the gun shot extremely well. The reason I didn't buy it was that the gun felt cheap to me. I know there are Para lovers out there, and I'm sure they are satisfied with the quality, but to me it just didn't feel well made.