Medic3166

Brick Armory Vs. Shore Shot

Over the years the funds have been used for repairs, upgrades and land purchases. CJRPC owns 180 acres. A fraction is used for ranges the rest is a buffer. Think about the foresight that took so we don't have to worry about urban encroachment.

CJ lets you hunt on their land too right?

I understand the reason for the $400 fee and I'm not criticizing it. For me right now, unemployed and onl working part-time, it's hard to justify speding the $400. Add to that, I would like to move out of this state in the next couple of years and if I did, It would be lost.

I think it'sa great range and would like to be able to shoot there regularly.

Ok, this is getting threadjacked, but will bring it back on topic... promise. =P

I do fully understand the $400 cap contribution, and they do need it now doing the lead cleanup. :dance: the only issue is how long you are going to be a club member for.

If 10 years, than $240 a year is not bad (400/10)+200. But for anyone that consideres moving further north, or south or out to PA has to think twice about it. If you are moving in a year, $600 for the year is a bit steep, but still I am sure you can justify $50 a month... You go shoot twice a month at any public range and voila.

So for that reason... I bought my membership at BA, and considering Dix. I love CJ, but the big overhang of how close to CJ I will be.

If you are moving in a year, $600 for the year is a bit steep, but still I am sure you can justify $50 a month... You go shoot twice a month at any public range and voila.

Exactly my reason for joining a private club. If you shoot more than 2 or 3 times a month, you are actually saving money.. plus the facilities are no comparison.

I have never been to shore shot, But I want to. When I was waiting for my permits I went to BA to look at a few guns. I went with a used CZ75b 40cal for around 400. They let me shoot it free of charge to see if I liked it. When I went to finally pick it up they told me they sold it. The original owner came back and wanted it. I was mad at the time but they gave me a NIB CZ in 9mm at dealer cost. They also gave me a membership for 150. They let me fire the gun on the range for the day for free. They also gave me a bunch of targets. They really made the situation right and won me over. The guys at BA are very nice and helpful.

When I went to finally pick it up they told me they sold it. The original owner came back and wanted it.

If you understand how guns are consigned in NJ you might really be pissed at this. The Owner could not just come back in and say "I want my gun back" - he has to produce a pistol permit and re-purchase it.

When I went to finally pick it up they told me they sold it. The original owner came back and wanted it.

If you understand how guns are consigned in NJ you might really be pissed at this. The Owner could not just come back in and say "I want my gun back" - he has to produce a pistol permit and re-purchase it.

They told me he brought in another permit, but I am not sure if he he paid for it. Seems strange that someone would sell a gun and then come back and buy it again. I guess the gun had some sentimental value or something.

Between the two, go to both and check them out. I have shot many times at both.

BA is cleaner and there seems to be less cowboys. I definitely get my money's worth of time. They are also very good about guests. I bet they figured that a guest becomes a member very quickly. Also, they are very good with the ladies, my wife is comfortable going there.

I went to Brick Armory for the first time today, walked around a bit, and signed up for a year :mrgreen: I put 150 rounds through my new G19, and I was only one of two people on the line. I'm looking forward to some weekly shooting now :dance:

ive frequented SS as well as BH and they are both good spots. went to BA for the first time last week and was very impressed. the range itself was very well kept and clean (much like ive read here). phil and milton were extremely friendly and helpful and took the time to make me feel very welcome. the thing i liked most was that it seems the facility is continuing to grow and im sure that will include the retail stock.

-Roger

ive frequented SS as well as BH and they are both good spots. went to BA for the first time last week and was very impressed. the range itself was very well kept and clean (much like ive read here). phil and milton were extremely friendly and helpful and took the time to make me feel very welcome. the thing i liked most was that it seems the facility is continuing to grow and im sure that will include the retail stock.

-Roger

Is Milton the tall thin guy with short brown/black hair? He's been really helpful and informative the times I have seen him there. I usually walk away a little more informed about something firearm-related after talking to him.

-Roger

Is Milton the tall thin guy with short brown/black hair? He's been really helpful and informative the times I have seen him there. I usually walk away a little more informed about something firearm-related after talking to him.

No Chris, you're talking about Dan. The guy with the glasses that was there last time we were?

Can't we all just get along? There are plenty of people to go around and frankly, I think having the two businesses close together is good for the consumer. For those of us who have been Shore Shot members for years, it was nice to see Bill and staff redoing the store and fixing up and painting the range. You can compare inventory, prices and services with a 5 minute drive. Sounds like a win-win to me?

i cant believe this is even a topic. its like comparing the new applebees to peter lugars.. they are right next to each other.. you see who has the better staff and inventory ::COUGH:: SHORE SHOT ::COUGH::

So rhino_chaser, making it 17 posts out of 17 posts shilling for them?

Honestly guys why is this even a topic here? We are located within a mile of each other. YES A MILE. Come check both shops out. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION! You should not let a thread on a forum tell you where and where not to shoot and shop. If you need help with anything feel free to come down to the shop. I was just recently told about this site and as I do not have as much time as I'd like to stick up for us online, I do greatly appreciate all the positive feedback from people on here. When you come back to the shop please Identify yourself as I'd like to know who some of you guys are. Thanks again! - Kyle W. Sherman

Also having two gun shops in the area has done nothing but increase the traffic that our store sees. Of course we were not happy when Brick Armory decided to relocate within a mile of our established business for the last 15 years but looking back on the last year it has all been positive. As people have pointed out competition is good for business. When we were the only show in town we got lazy. Did not keep our store up to par but with the new business in the area we are forced to spend EVEN MORE TIME down at the range making it the best store that we possibly can. At our store we strive to cater to our members and customers in general. For all of you that had a "bad expierence" at SS, I do urge you to give us another shot as we have a totally different setup in shop and different staff. I believe our staff and store are at it's highest level. If you need anything or having any comments or suggestions I am open to hear all of them. Thanks again for all of your business over the past year as the firearms industry has been exploding!