Maksim

11-9 Jury Duty - doing my duty.

Ok, got drafted for jury duty. Checked in.

So now sitting in the assembly room. The check in computer system is down so they are calling all of the juror's names out loud.

The great news... they have wifi. :clap: No doing your civil duty is not as bad of an inconvenience.

What is the most scary about jury duty is seeing who is considered your peers.

I served with some of the dumbest people you have ever met.

The foreman didn't want to say if he thought the guy was guilty or not (possession with intent to sell within school zone no less) because he did not think it was right to pass judgment on the defendant.

What is the most scary about jury duty is seeing who is considered your peers.

I served with some of the dumbest people you have ever met.

The foreman didn't want to say if he thought the guy was guilty or not (possession with intent to sell within school zone no less) because he did not think it was right to pass judgment on the defendant.

:doh:

Maks,

If you wear your NJGF sweatshirt, I have a strong suspicion you won't last very long in Jury selection. I would even guess you will be the first juror thrown out by the defense attorney. I'm just saying...

:twisted:

Moral relativism. Nothing is right, nothing is wrong, who am I to judge.

I welcome the opportunity to serve, but they never pick me.

Me too and me neither. If I had to guess, I'd say it's because we represent the demographic that Defense Attorneys do not want on their jury.

That said, I am libertarian-leaning, and wouldn't be prejudicial against anyone on trial if the evidence wasn't enough to prove their guilt.

This may be a dumb question, but how exactly does jury duty work in NJ? Is it a state wide thing? A county thing? Per town? When I lived in the city, you were called up based on what borough you lived in... but I've never heard anyone mention anything about jury duty in NJ

This may be a dumb question, but how exactly does jury duty work in NJ? Is it a state wide thing? A county thing? Per town? When I lived in the city, you were called up based on what borough you lived in... but I've never heard anyone mention anything about jury duty in NJ

County - originally based on voter registration records, but I believe it has been expanded further in recent years to the driver's license pool.

You get to go to Newark :dance:

It's where I served. It's not actually that big of a deal where you have to go if you get called, just get out of dodge by 4pm. heh.

Ok, so got excused today. It was going to be a criminal crime, aggravated manslaughter, eluding police etc. Guy already in jail on a dealing conviction. Was excused as the trial was going to take 2 months and at $5 a day aint going to pay my bills.

Still got the rest of the week. I wouldnt mind doing it, just not for two months.

Ok, so got excused today. It was going to be a criminal crime, aggravated manslaughter, eluding police etc. Guy already in jail on a dealing conviction. Was excused as the trial was going to take 2 months and at $5 a day aint going to pay my bills.

Still got the rest of the week. I wouldnt mind doing it, just not for two months.

I got myself excused from a gang shooting/murder in paterson when I had Jury duty and my number was like 850 something.

Their were so many cases, not only did they find one for me (lasted about 3 days), but they called up numbers well into the thousands. THAT's how many cases they had in Paterson when I went a few years ago.

That woulda been sweet for me. I'd just have to give the daily $5 to my job and I'd get my normal pay.

i think that it now goes up to $40.00 a day if trial goes past 5 days -