Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Dragon Age - Origins

Since we have a Modern Warfare thread....anyone else playing Dragon Age?

It fully voice realized and frankly, I'm really enjoying it.

I thought Oblivion was good, but this is much better.

The storyline is engrossing and the characters you bring along with you are fantastic. Morrigan is voiced by Claudia Black(I'm a HUGE fan) and she's just as snarky and sarcastic as you'd expect. Her in game character is pretty hot too. seen here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/wellrats/16_morrigan.jpg

I'm playing the PC version. My understanding is that the experience isn't quite as good on the console version but still it's a great game.

It's as fun as Fallout 3 was. In a different way, but still fun. Some of the quest puzzles are unique to any game I've played. If you're thinking about it, give it a go. Well worth it.

I happen to love Oblivion, so I would like to ask some questions.

Is it as wide open an RPG experience?

Is there a user community up and running creating and supporting mods?

Is the combat engine well done?

How about the platform needed to run it, cutting edge or can it be slightly lower?

I happen to love Oblivion, so I would like to ask some questions.

Is it as wide open an RPG experience?

Is there a user community up and running creating and supporting mods?

Is the combat engine well done?

How about the platform needed to run it, cutting edge or can it be slightly lower?

The game allows you to make many different choices that all affect the game play. You can be a good guy, a bad guy or a VERY bad guy.

You can slash and burn and loose the demons on the world or save everything. You can unite the dwarves, the elves , the humans or divide them and conquer them for your own spoils. It is really open ended.

The combat engine is fantastic. You stop combat in mid battle to change what you're doing. I think it'd be impossible to play without stopping it.

If you can play Oblivion, you're fine as far as requirements go. I've got a top end gaming rig so I've not felt the slightest hitch or seen ANY bugs or experience ANY crashes so far.

User community? No idea. I'm 50 hours into it and I think maybe just over halfway through. Haven't bothered to look for anything yet.

Watch this video. It's a good first taste: http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/57745/PC/Dra ... deo-Review

I am a huge fan of Bethesda. Oblivion was great and fallout3 is my current favorite game of all time. I was really interested in DAO at first but wasn't thrilled when I saw the gameplay. I caught the end of turn based gaming and it kind of turns me off from wantng to even try. Let us know what you think after the fact.

Yea, I didn't mean turn based. I was watching the demos of the guy controlling his own party. And it seemed like waaay too much micro-managing. Maybe that's just how he played, or how its like if you try controlling a whole party by yourself. I did play WOW for a couple years, though I'm glad to be rid of that addiction, and I've heard it would be familiar if I was use to WOW's mechanics.

I've uploaded something but I'm not sure how it's going to look when done. The original file is 1.3gb for 44 seconds...the Xvid is 9mb. Hopefully it looks ok. Shrug.

This was a particularly difficult random encounter. Easy encounters don't require that you stop at all if you don't want to. If you liked F3 and you've said as much, and didn't mind the VATS, you don't mind this.

I tried the game for about five minutes. Didn't like it. Guess I am bored of RPGs (not the rocket propelled kind!) :cry:

You can't even get through character creation in 5 minutes. You have to get at least an hour in before you have everything settled.

yeah I did all that. Was on the one mission where you got to get the dog from the kitchen. I just didnt like how the game felt while using a controller. Will have to try it on the PC.

I had a different Origin story as an Elf. It's probably why I don't have a dog as a companion.

I can barely afford guns, let alone nintendo games! You guys are crazy with this stuff.

Nintendo? Blasphemy!

I have two gaming rigs with $600 video cards, $300 Solid State Drives(Intel X-25M), 5TB of spinning platters in Raid 0, 4gb ram each machine, E8500 cpus overclocked to 3.8ghz and enough fans to power cool small home. Nintendo indeed!

I have two gaming rigs with $600 video cards, $300 Solid State Drives(Intel X-25M), 5TB of spinning platters in Raid 0, 4gb ram each machine, E8500 cpus overclocked to 3.8ghz and enough fans to power cool small home. Nintendo indeed!

Ach! It's all Geek to me.

Ach! It's all Geek to me.

Yeah, I have table saws and chop boxes.

I have a Radial Arm saw. I have a band saw, got routers, saws, etc. I used to paint cars so I have air chisels and bondo boards, and you name it, I just don't have an air compressor.

I also built motors, but most of my good tools got trashed in my dads metal building once he was unable to take care of it and birds god inside and layered everything with white bird shiznit.

I have a Radial Arm saw. I have a band saw, got routers, saws, etc. I used to paint cars so I have air chisels and bondo boards, and you name it, I just don't have an air compressor.

I also built motors, but most of my good tools got trashed in my dads metal building once he was unable to take care of it and birds god inside and layered everything with white bird shiznit.

You know me better than to take it personally...

Holy gaucamole, all I got are electrical tools. And an assortment of scrap metal waiting to be taken to the scrape yards in jersey City. Aluminum, clean copper, wire copper, brass, and lead. Easy money

Holy gaucamole, all I got are electrical tools. And an assortment of scrap metal waiting to be taken to the scrape yards in jersey City. Aluminum, clean copper, wire copper, brass, and lead. Easy money

You should turn the lead over to your reloading buddies...

I hate to see good tools get ruined as much as I do guns.

It is funny, growing up my friends and I were all into building cars and working with tools. After we grew up I was the only one who did not embrace technology like it was a 350 Chevy. I am so in the dark when it comes to all the games and computers. I need to learn more as my kids grow so I can keep up with them.

You should turn the lead over to your reloading buddies...

I actually thought about that, but this lead is old and really shouldn't be used for that.

BUT, is someone wants it that bad then they can have it.