mikeyboyeee

Camden, New Jersey Tops List as Nation's Most Dangerous City

Although I am very much on the Pro-2A side of things 100% of the time, I do not feel it is the silver bullet of the cause of crime in places like Camden. Granted I think the strict gun laws are just one of the factors that it's such a crap hole, but as for the main reason I don't think so. I just get tired of a statistic popping up and we are just so quick to say "See? Thats what gun control does!", although I'm not saying it is not a factor, to suggest that the gun control is the only reason is foolish.

If you ask me our problem with crime (aside from illegals) has more to do with the culture they grow up in rather than the laws of disarming the citizen.Do I feel they are still responsible for their own actions, definitely. Again, I still feel pro-gun laws should stand regardless.

In a game of pure numbers, it just seems that the bad guys get taken out of the picture (shot in self defense, put in jail/ death row) at a way slower pace than they are being created into the pool of delinquints. So what can we do?

Although I am very much on the Pro-2A side of things 100% of the time, I do not feel it is the silver bullet of the cause of crime in places like Camden. Granted I think the strict gun laws are just one of the factors that it's such a crap hole, but as for the main reason I don't think so. I just get tired of a statistic popping up and we are just so quick to say "See? Thats what gun control does!", although I'm not saying it is not a factor, to suggest that the gun control is the only reason is foolish.

If you ask me our problem with crime (aside from illegals) has more to do with the culture they grow up in rather than the laws of disarming the citizen.Do I feel they are still responsible for their own actions, definitely. Again, I still feel pro-gun laws should stand regardless.

In a game of pure numbers, it just seems that the bad guys get taken out of the picture (shot in self defense, put in jail/ death row) at a way slower pace than they are being created into the pool of delinquints. So what can we do?

No one said it was strict gun laws the caused the crime.

What we are saying is that the propaganda used by the anti's when pushing for the anti gun laws does not translate into the real world.

Strict gun laws DO NOT lead to decreased crime rates.

It's as simple as that.

if they did, D.C., Camden and LA would have far lower crime stats.

True, perhaps I read into it the wrong way. I just wonder sometimes though, if there is something that can be done thats not being done to reduce the amount of criminals being added to the crap pool. I'm sure putting a stop to the revolving door that is our justice system could be one...

True, perhaps I read into it the wrong way. I just wonder sometimes though, if there is something that can be done thats not being done to reduce the amount of criminals being added to the crap pool. I'm sure putting a stop to the revolving door that is our justice system could be one...

Complete and total prosecution for all offenders would be another.

Have you ever watched that TV show Jacked? How often do the officers say to those caught red-handed "you'll be out of here tonight". WTF! I thought Grand Theft Auto is a Felony!

Well, besides Fox...here's a local newspaper's take on it:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... 1006/rss01

If you look towards the middle portion of the page, it has an, "Interactive Homicide Map" for '07, '08, '09......and mine as well include '10 next year too. :roll:

I work ALL OVER the WORST places in Philly and I can tell you Phila is like thug/gansta/drug pusha/pimp city. Like any large city basically.

However....

Camden is like a large severely mental hospital that busses it's patients in around 3pm everyday, lets them loose and picks them back up from the city around 6am the next morning, to be delivered back to the mental hospital, until the next 'outting'. :o :pray:

Yet another shooting in Camden going on now, #1242 Whitman Ave, 26 year old male with multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. Being transported to cooper trauma now.

Unsure if he was shot multiple times or just once, Police are saying multiple times, ems is stating a single GSW.

There is a feed for the city of camden police if anyone is interested...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=1774