Melgamatic

Surplus City?

I bought my Mosin there about a year ago. Good selection of surplus rifles, good prices. Unfortunately, some of the items can not cross the NJ State border... :(

Additionally there is another store within 5-7 minutes from Surplus City that has also a good selection of surplus stuff:

G & G Outfitters

1730 Bridgetown Pike, Feastervl Trvs, PA

Both of them worth checking out if you're in the area.

:handgestures-thumbupright: I was there once last spring. They had hard to find (at that time) 45 ACP ammo for very reasonable prices. Also IIRC a fairly well filled display case of handguns as well as rifles, new and used.

I stopped by at lunch. Only around 35 minutes from my Plainsboro, NJ office.

They did have a pretty good selection of eastern european (mostly) surplus rifles. A lot of them were clearly not NJ-compliant. OK selection of handguns, but didn't look very closely. Not so much ammo, except for some giant spam cans of 5.56.

The place had that moldy/dusty/musty smell I hate. Combined with old cigarette smoke, maybe, for an extra-special odor...

Haven't been in there in a while. My loss. Saw on another forum that someone found a S&W no-lock 696 for $450 out the door - real sorry I missed that one. Interesting place - characterized pretty accurately by the above posts.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was there on couple days ago for a first time, they had a nice Egyptian Maadi for $400 but they couldnt sell to me, they said itsnt NJ legal cause its an AK-47(it didnt had a bayo lug or Flash hider and it was NJ LEGAL). They carry most Century build rifles. They had Bulgy AK-74($499 but not NJ Legal)>I asked for the PSL($599), Yugo SKS($400) and Russian SKS($400) and they told me the same(cant sell to me cause isn't NJ LEGAL). I share with them the print out from NJ state police website on what is legal in NJ but they dont want to hear anything. I didnt argue with them. BTW the place STINKS!!!!!!

The price on their ammo it was more expensive from AIM(even after shipping). They didn't selling any bulk 5.45 either

I've been going there for years and purchased many of my rifles from them in the past. NJPilot and myself went there a few months ago. You can come across some really good deals there. I don't care what the place looks like, smells like, or how they talk. I'm not moving in or eating there, just buying a gun and going home. I've also purchased some guns from G&G down the street...they have great deals also, but they pack up about 50% of the store on weekends for gun shows. There are many stores in that area.

I've been going there for years and purchased many of my rifles from them in the past. NJPilot and myself went there a few months ago. You can come across some really good deals there. I don't care what the place looks like, smells like, or how they talk. I'm not moving in or eating there, just buying a gun and going home. I've also purchased some guns from G&G down the street...they have great deals also, but they pack up about 50% of the store on weekends for gun shows. There are many stores in that area.

Yeah, when we going again Chad?

This thread renewed my curiosity so I made a gun shop run last Saturday. Tanner's was closed (going back today). Stopped at Classic Pistol and they were packed. They had one of the Sig Two-Sum P250 gun packs - first opportunity to see and handle the sub-compact P250. A little disappointed in that it's not as small as I thought it would be. Probably better off with the compact version with better ergonomics. Then went on to Surplus city - all as described and remembered. They did have some nice wheel guns. S&W 66 2.5" / S&W 19 4" / and the one that takes the prize - a S&W 27 3.5" from the 70's (N prefix 5-digit ser #) with TT, TH and Magna stocks. Not in bad shape - pretty clean and would make a nice shooter (no box and/or papers) - $495. Not into C&R so I couldn't tell you what else they may have had of interest, but a worthwhile trip.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I know the feeling, i refuse to pay that much but seems to me thats the going price for the NJ/PA stores and gun shows.

I saw an Russian M44, nothing special for $425 at store(i forgot the name) close to Harry's Army navy( couple miles down the street).

Tips Hardaware has one for $449!!!!!

I was in the area today and stopped by Surplus City.

They have some interesting stuff and prices were good.

Nice selection of PSL rifles for $599, about 10 Mausers K98 (Russian capture) for $300.00,

M1 Garands for $375, but... they were in fair condition at best but still.

A few Mosin snipers ~$450, a few Yugo SKS $250-450

and a great selection of the stuff that cannot cross the state border :(

I thought $300 for 1938 K98 is a good price so now it is getting ready for a cosmoline removal bath :)

I was in the area today and stopped by Surplus City.

They have some interesting stuff and prices were good.

Nice selection of PSL rifles for $599, about 10 Mausers K98 (Russian capture) for $300.00,

M1 Garands for $375, but... they were in fair condition at best but still.

A few Mosin snipers ~$450, a few Yugo SKS $250-450

and a great selection of the stuff that cannot cross the state border :(

I thought $300 for 1938 K98 is a good price so now it is getting ready for a cosmoline removal bath :)

I went today, those Garands were just in from the Philippines, and are pretty well trashed. The K98s were pretty well priced, and I may go back for one tomorrow, have not decided yet. What the heck...another K98 cant hurt. :roll: