Ray Ray

Bi-Weekly meetup at Bullet Hole

I would like to have guys partner up so each "team" would pay for their own lane. Maybe post here at what time your gonna show up.

My lady and I will get a lane together.

Okay, so j0n and Matt6669 are team A

I would like to have guys partner up so each "team" would pay for their own lane. Maybe post here at what time your gonna show up.

My lady and I will get a lane together.

Okay, so j0n and Matt6669 are team A

:lol::lol::lol:

It's to save money, keep everyone in the same area, and kinda a meet and greet too. I'll be there at 7 with the NJGF shirt on. Just trying to keep us as a group and not as a bunch of mismatched miscreantz.

I'm definitely going to be there on Tuesday and with the DW. So I'm going to apologize in advance if I'm completely anti social on Tuesday.

Who says you'll have it by then? :)

I'm gonna have to be struck by lighting to stop me haha

Hello everyone, I am new to the sport. I applied for a FID a little over 3 weeks ago and took Anthony's NRA First Steps course with my friend nunnayer recently which I think was great. While we wait for our FIDs to come in djg0770 most graciously invited us to come to the meetup on the 30th (thank you). Unfortunately of course we do not yet have any guns to bring so I just want to make sure its cool that we come down and hopefully you guys can let us fire off some rounds.

Hello everyone, I am new to the sport. I applied for a FID a little over 3 weeks ago and took Anthony's NRA First Steps course with my friend nunnayer recently which I think was great. While we wait for our FIDs to come in djg0770 most graciously invited us to come to the meetup on the 30th (thank you). Unfortunately of course we do not yet have any guns to bring so I just want to make sure its cool that we come down and hopefully you guys can let us fire off some rounds.

I'm only bringing the 9mm, but everyone's welcome to shoot it. In my experience, everyone I've met has not only allowed me to shoot their guns, but have offered (and sometimes threatened me) to shoot their guns.

I'm only bringing the 9mm, but everyone's welcome to shoot it. In my experience, everyone I've met has not only allowed me to shoot their guns, but have offered (and sometimes threatened me) to shoot their guns.

Well said Bob. We are all "family" here. You guys are more than welcome to shoot what I bring. What better way to learn about new guns before you purchase ;)

This is the idea of the meet-up. Sparticus, I'm bringing a few hanguns and you and your friend are more than welcome to pop off some rounds. And I guarentee others will say the same.

Usually around 7pm. Meet inside at the lanes most of the time.. can get a little tricky depending on how crowded it is. Ray's trying to do a "buddy system" thing to help alleviate that, but not sure exactly how that's working. Best bet is to just look for a dude wearing an NJGF t-shirt once you're at the lanes. You'll probably hear him before you see him :D

How bout we post some pictures so people know who to look for?

Me and the wifey will be there, here's a pic of us at a wine-tasting event. I'm the ugly one:

EDIT: Nevermind nobody likes my idea :cry:

imperial,

Thank you, I will surely take you up on your offer to shoot your 226. As far as what I what gun that I want to get get I'm still very much undecided. We shot a PX4 9mm and a S&W 686 with .38 bullets while taking Anthony's class on Monday. I like the way they both feel. It was my first time shooting and I thought I did pretty good, but I really don't know. On this pick I had the target turned around where it looked like a bowling pin and I was aiming first for the Q in the center which I could barely see once I lined up the sights, then the head area, and then the throat from about 25' or so. I turned it around when taking the picture because it looks cool this way. I'm assuming that it is against range etiquette to shoot at a human figure. I want my first gun to be a semi and I'm debating between getting a 9mm or a .45, or maybe even a .40. I really like the idea of a .45, but will probably end up getting a 9mm. As far as which gun manufacturer, so far I'm leaning towards a Beretta, but I know there are a lot of excellent gun-makers to choose from.

I'm assuming that it is against range etiquette to shoot at a human figure.

Not to my knowledge. I've shot both sides of that target at BH. Plus I've seen people shooting the one with the chick target. So, fire away :)

Im no expert but I would say for your first stick with a 9mm just because the ammo is much cheaper then the 40 and 45. If your looking for just a range shooter a 22 would be way cheeper on ammo. I have shot the Beretta 92fs and loved it that might be my next pistol. (92fs inox)

There should be a good selection in which you can shoot on Tuesday.. I was in your shoes not to long ago my self the fellas down in BA made me feel right at home. Hope we can do the same over at BH. This will be my first time meeting up with the crew as well. Should be a blast !!!

I guess Anthony likes to use the other side.

Imperial - Since you live in Lyndhurst, BH is in your backyard. Way closer than BA. It's convenient for me too. Not more than 10 minutes to get there. I like the 92FS also, and the PX4, and the 90-two for that matter.

I guess Anthony likes to use the other side.

Imperial - Since you live in Lyndhurst, BH is in your backyard. Way closer than BA. It's convenient for me too. Not more than 10 minutes to get there. I like the 92FS also, and the PX4, and the 90-two for that matter.

The Q target (bowling pin figure) does not distract you with all sorts of nonsense, extra circles, etc. It's a very plain jane target which helps you to focus on your shot.

The buddy system is an epic fail! Just be there at 7pm ish and look for guys wearing NJGF shirts. So far seems like we have a really big crowd but it seems to fizzle out come Tuesday morning. I'll be bringing my 92FS, Colt 38, and the Charter Arms southpaw 38 (if anyone cares).

BH sells paper with the Q on one side and a "thug" with revolver on the other. I've seen both male and female thugs. Me, I paper them over either with Shoot-n-see, Dirty Bird, or whatever e-postal targets I brought with me.

Tuesday is still a definite maybe for me; if I do show I'll be bringing my long-barrel Glock in 9 and my .22 rifle.

If anyone remembers the last time, I talked to a few guys and they wanted to come out next time. Well, we exchanged numbers and the guy just called me and wants to come out! Carlo, see you Tuesday brother.