maideneddie

Ammo Storage

How is everyone storing their ammo? I have ordered ammo from Cabella's and received their "free" dry storage box. It is a plastic box, similar to the military ammo cans. It has a o-ring in it to supposedly make it moisture proof. This is what I store mine in. I have 4 of them and secure them all with pad locks. Just curious how everyone else stores their's.

If anyone is looking for an alternative to ammo cans, I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Waterproof- ... _sg_text_c and like it a lot. Obviously quite a bit more expensive than the average surplus ammo can, but it holds quite a bit more than an ammo can, has seals to keep out water, and is also lock friendly.

I have 4 of those in the "large" size and I like them because they are lockable. They can get heavy when full. I can't imagine the weight on the X-Large when full. :o If I knew how handy they were going to be, I would have bought more before my store closed :(

If anyone is looking for an alternative to ammo cans, I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Waterproof- ... _sg_text_c and like it a lot. Obviously quite a bit more expensive than the average surplus ammo can, but it holds quite a bit more than an ammo can, has seals to keep out water, and is also lock friendly.

Cabela's has that same box under there name on sale 2 for $14.99 it will 1000 rounds of 45 acp in there original boxes, Here is the link

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... .jsp.form1

If you keep the ammo in a sealed ammo can will weather changes effect it? Say I was to store it out in my shed locked up. It can get as hot as 110 deg. in the summer and then cold in the winter. I am also running out of room in my safe and was looking far an alternative location to store more.

If you keep the ammo in a sealed ammo can will weather changes effect it? Say I was to store it out in my shed locked up. It can get as hot as 110 deg. in the summer and then cold in the winter. I am also running out of room in my safe and was looking far an alternative location to store more.

It's the humidity that really matters. Sealed in a military ammo can or other air tight container and you won't have any issues.

I'm not sure I'd want ammo out in my shed for legal reasons(i.e. some kid breaks in and starts pounding them with a hammer and blows his face off) but beyond that, no worries.

I'm not sure I'd want ammo out in my shed for legal reasons(i.e. some kid breaks in and starts pounding them with a hammer and blows his face off) but beyond that, no worries.

If I do store it out in the shed I would purchase another gun safe just for ammo. The shed is more like a work shop and there would be plenty of room for a safe I just want to make sure the heat and cold will not effect it before making the purchase.