Sign in to follow this  
mjs3350

Which GLOCK size for concealed carry

I'm moving to PA in a few weeks, so I'll finally be able to carry concealed. Living in NJ this wasn't a consideration, so I bought a full sized GLOCK 17 for range shooting. I really like my GLOCK, so I'm 90% sure I'll be going with one. I'd like to get one in .40 S&W, so my choices are the compact 23, or the sub compact 27. Of course the 27 will conceal easier, but does anyone have experience carrying one of the compact sized GLOCKs? I'd rather have the larger 23 if it's feasible. Thanks!

I agree, I carry a 27, when in Pa, where I can be free.....I have also taken commander size 1911 with me down south, so it really is a matter of preference.

American Rifleman mag just did a whole piece on this topic (not just glocks) and the many guns that can be comfortably concealed.

I have the 27 as well, very easy to conceal. I carry that during my trips to PA.

I try not to ccw with anything less than a .40

I can bring it to our next BA shoot...not sure where you are from or if you can make it.

What does wifey carry? That matters more. =)

jk bud. sorry, couldnt resist. :clap:

Thanks for the replies everyone. Maybe I'll start out with the 27, and get the 23 when it gets cooler out again next fall and I'll be wearing clothes that do a good job covering. I could probably get both, but I'd have to sell my 17. I don't want to do that because it's only got 600 rounds through it, and it's my first handgun. Cheaper to plink with too.

Thanks for the offer Chad. I live in Piscataway now, but in a couple weeks I'll be moving to PA. I believe you guys are typically at BA on Thursday night, which doesn't work for me since it's a ways away and I work till 5 ish. The next couple weeks will be pretty busy relocation anyway. I appreciate you're generosity, though.

You know what wouldn't be a bad choice? XD sub compact!

XD's Rule!!!!!

Im with ray ray

+1 GLOCKS are a POS for the following reasons:

Not a proven design

Not many world wide

Poor parts interchangeability

Poor parts availability

Complicated design

Poor reliability

Small product line

Poor customer support

Need I go on and on?

I love the XD Croatian Combat Pistol

I love the XD Croatian Combat Pistol

I had to fix your spelling - plus I just needed to quote you saying you love XD's. :D

Thanks Dan, I need all the spelling help I can get.

There are very few pistols I don't love. I'd shoot an XD if the factory sponsored me. They're good guns but so is the Smith M&P.

Just remember if any gun is a POS it doesn't survive in the market place.

So there's lot's of good stuff out there.

I just like yanking you chain sometimes. :clap:

Oh and BTW remember, it's not the arrow it's the Indian.

You know what wouldn't be a bad choice? XD sub compact!

XD's Rule!!!!!

Actually, I plan on getting my hands on one of these before making a final decision, they look really nice.

I shot my buddies M&P .40 or 45 and it felt great to me, he said him and most of his police buddies wished they didn't have to use them over GLOCK, can't remember why though